Severe Weather Thread

Looks like its gonna be bad Monday

SPC already has Day 4 and Day 5 as being outlined for severe weather, which doesn't happen but a couple of times a year.

There's going to be a line of thunderstorms on Monday night here, but the real concern will be any storms that could develop ahead of the line, as they most likely will begin to rotate and spawn tornadoes.

SPC already has Day 4 and Day 5 as being outlined for severe weather, which doesn't happen but a couple of times a year.

There's going to be a line of thunderstorms on Monday night here, but the real concern will be any storms that could develop ahead of the line, as they most likely will begin to rotate and spawn tornadoes.

Fronts with rotating winds, awesome
Posted via VolNation Mobile

No tornadoes or storms but this is just another thing you have to put up with here in west Texas. 18 wheelers get blown over here like hotwheels.

...WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM NOON TODAY TO 10 PM CDT THIS EVENING... * THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN LUBBOCK HAS ISSUED A WIND ADVISORY...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM NOON TODAY TO 10 PM CDT THIS EVENING FOR THE SOUTHWESTERN TEXAS PANHANDLE...WESTERN...CENTRAL AND NORTHERN SOUTH PLAINS. * * TIMING: WEST TO SOUTHWEST WINDS WILL INCREASE LATE THIS MORNING OR EARLY THIS AFTERNOON...PEAK DURING LATE AFTERNOON...AND SLOWLY SUBSIDE AFTER SUNSET. * * WINDS: WEST TO SOUTHWEST WINDS 30 TO 35 MPH WITH GUSTS BETWEEN 45 AND 55 MPH. * * IMPACTS: WINDS AND REDUCED VISIBILITY IN BLOWING DUST WILL CREATE HAZARDOUS TRAVEL CONDITIONS. * PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... * A WIND ADVISORY MEANS THAT WINDS OF 35 MPH ARE EXPECTED. WINDS THIS STRONG CAN MAKE DRIVING DIFFICULT...ESPECIALLY FOR HIGH PROFILE VEHICLES. USE EXTRA CAUTION. * &&

Can you explain that first sentence? I don't know what SPC is. Thetefore, that whole sentence makes no sense.

Storm Prediction Center. They issue all the severe weather forecasts nationally. Includes issuing storm outlooks up to 8 days in advance, and issuance of tornado/severe thunderstorm watches.

Storm Prediction Center. They issue all the severe weather forecasts nationally. Includes issuing storm outlooks up to 8 days in advance, and issuance of tornado/severe thunderstorm watches.

Is that a division of the NOAA? I thought that was the organization that issued those.

Gotcha. What's tomorrow looking like now? Some nights storms would be awesome.

The Morristown NWS station has this special weather statement out.

...AN OUTBREAK OF SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS POSSIBLE LATE MONDAY INTO
MONDAY NIGHT...

A STRONG STORM SYSTEM WILL MOVE INTO THE OHIO AND TENNESSEE VALLEYS
MONDAY WITH THE POTENTIAL OF A LARGE OUTBREAK OF SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS
OVER TENNESSEE...KENTUCKY AND THE NORTHERN GULF COAST STATES MONDAY
AFTERNOON. THESE STORMS WILL MOVE QUICKLY NORTHEAST INTO PLATEAU
COUNTIES BY LATE MONDAY AFTERNOON AND THE REST OF EAST TENNESSEE...
SOUTHWESTERN VIRGINIA...AND SOUTHWESTERN PARTS OF NORTH CAROLINA
MONDAY NIGHT.

DUE TO THE VERY STRONG WINDS AND COLD AIR ALOFT...DAMAGING STRAIGHT
LINE WINDS AND LARGE HAIL ARE THE MAIN THREATS WITH THESE STORMS.
ISOLATED TORNADOES WILL ALSO BE A CONCERN...MAINLY ACROSS THE
PLATEAU AND SOUTHERN HALF OF THE TENNESSEE VALLEY. SOME OF THE
THUNDERSTORMS COULD PRODUCE HEAVY RAINFALL IN EXCESS OF TWO
INCHES...WHICH MAY PRODUCE LOCALIZED FLASH FLOODING.

So, yeah, the opportunities for severe weather will be pretty ample Monday, although it might not be as bad as the storms that struck us last Wednesday.

Spring in East Tennessee is the best. From freezing my ass off on a 45 degree Friday afternoon to a perfect 75 and sunny to this tomorrow. Gotta love it.

Looking like, here in W. Tenn, the majority will be during the daytime Monday, which may be good for us, especially if its early. The atmosphere wont have as much time to heat up and become real unstable. Regardless, we will still probably see high winds and heavy rains, with a few isolated tornadoes.

I really feel for Middle and East Tennessee. Those storms will become powerful as they move east into the more moist and unstable air mass that will be growing tomorrow as the sun heats up the atmosphere.

believe the worst will come thru the huntsville area round 5 or 6. that basically means that we will have some tornadoes

believe the worst will come thru the huntsville area round 5 or 6. that basically means that we will have some tornadoes

Southwest Tennessee, North Miss and Northern Alabama will be in the main line of fire.

People need to pay close attention tomorrow

Southwest Tennessee, North Miss and Northern Alabama will be in the main line of fire.

People need to pay close attention tomorrow

If you know someone who doesn't live near a siren keep them up to date. Nothing is scares you more than the power going out and having no clue what the hell is happening

Spring in East Tennessee is the best. From freezing my ass off on a 45 degree Friday afternoon to a perfect 75 and sunny to this tomorrow. Gotta love it.

Going to be 85-37 tomorrow.

Broke the record high by 9 degrees yesterday at 85, was dumping snow and freezing rain today. Eat your heart out.

That reminds me-I read an article about how tornado sirens wouldn't work well in Knoxville/East Tennessee just because of the sheer amount of hills, valleys, and ridges. Thought that was interesting.

That reminds me-I read an article about how tornado sirens wouldn't work well in Knoxville/East Tennessee just because of the sheer amount of hills, valleys, and ridges. Thought that was interesting.

So that's why they don't have them? I'm here from Memphis, so I'm used to hearing them every week haha.

VN Store

Back