Severe Weather Thread

Possibly significant tornado outbreak expected tomorrow in the extreme Deep South. South MS, South AL, and the Florida panhandle will be under the gun with possibly strong, long-tracked tornadoes.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Alert!

Those in Southern Alabama need to be on alert, as there's a chance that the moderate risk over your area will be upgraded to a High risk. This is not a system to take lightly if you live in the deep south. If a tornado warning is issued for your area, seek shelter immediately!

Apparently I got hit by a tornado last night? It hit the fan last night and I got caught out in it on my bike. Never experienced anything like that before. No real warning signs.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1475882995014.jpg
    FB_IMG_1475882995014.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 7
I decided to visit this thread again. I took this screen shot from my radar app. Its a Tornado Warned storm southwest of Atlanta. You cant see the hook echo on regular radar because its rain wrapped but using Super Res Velocity, you can see the variation in wind direction. The red blob is the tornado

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170405-114420.jpg
    Screenshot_20170405-114420.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: 1 person
Bump:

Potentially historical tornado outbreak expected today in North Texas and Oklahoma. High risk (30%) got upgraded to extreme risk (45%) for tornadoes in that region. Violent, wedge shaped tornadoes are highly possible.

Last time this high of risk was issued was in 2012, so it isn’t often.

If anyone lives in North Texas or Oklahoma, you need to take all watches and warnings very serious. There are Tornado Watches with PDS tags (Particularly Dangerous Situation) attached to them. As Gordon said, Violent long tracked tornadoes are very likely, along with destructive hail up to softball size and winds in excess of 80 mph.

The GFS is forecasting a storm never seen before. A historically - by a lot - intense storm hitting New England in a couple weeks. Can’t imagine it will actually happen but pretty crazy what the models say is possible
69296BF0-B1F7-41B9-AA53-EB7B95444125.png
EltD2GUX0AY9JXh

VN Store

Back