Severe Weather Thread

Been raining in West TN since early morning(2am) and still raining now at 1:00pm CT. They say we've gotten close to 2-3 inches of rain. Yesterday it was 81 degrees & was out mowing the yard & it's now 55 degrees w/rain heading East. The weekend will be a great weekend w/temperatures in the 70's.

Rain gauge has over 4 inches

Reactions: 1 person
I know I'm not in Tennessee but looks to get rough here tonight. Already a tornado down tonight outside of Oklahoma City. Headed east.

We are going from a high today in mid 80's to mid 50's by tomorrow. Lots of rain and tornadic activity.

Watching the coverage of Oklahoma got me wondering if any of this could be affecting us Tennesseans

Weather Channel map just showed possible severe weather in West TN tomorrow. It's from the same system but they didn't forecast how bad it could be. West TN all of AR, back into LA, TX,OK and north.

Nashvillewx dot com says slight chance from Nashville west but doesn't look to be anything like what is happening in OK.

Last edited:
I'm not seeing accurate information regarding the children in the school yet. I saw a link, but not seeing CNN report it.
I think some people put things out there to get attention to their name. Today, they will take negative attention over no attention.
I hope they jumped the gun and were wrong

I'm not seeing accurate information regarding the children in the school yet. I saw a link, but not seeing CNN report it.
I think some people put things out there to get attention to their name. Today, they will take negative attention over no attention.

CNN? Seriously?

Our local stations are reporting it. It's indeed true.

You posted at 8:22. I've been watching coverage on CNN and Fox News for at least half an hour. Maybe you were watching a commercial break.

You posted at 8:22. I've been watching coverage on CNN and Fox News for at least half an hour. Maybe you were watching a commercial break.

I still see it being reported that 7 of the 51 are children from the school. Not trying to do anything but keep up hope and look for accurate news.

I still see it being reported that 7 of the 51 are children from the school. Not trying to do anything but keep up hope and look for accurate news.

I just saw that the 24 reported dead are more likely 24 that are not expected to be found alive. That was according to Brian Williams on NBC.

yeah, I saw that now. Was just holding out hope. The search and rescue has turned to recovery. Just terrible.
Do they not see the fronts coming? I know here, they will let out 3 hours before it comes if its looking bad. I know they have a lot there, but its hard to believe this sprouted out of nowhere.

yeah, I saw that now. Was just holding out hope. The search and rescue has turned to recovery. Just terrible.
Do they not see the fronts coming? I know here, they will let out 3 hours before it comes if its looking bad. I know they have a lot there, but its hard to believe this sprouted out of nowhere.

They knew conditions were favorable for tornadoes but who could predict a 2 mile wide EF-5? It sounds as if they did everything right to protect the kids but the storm was just too strong.

They knew conditions were favorable for tornadoes but who could predict a 2 mile wide EF-5? It sounds as if they did everything right to protect the kids but the storm was just too strong.

I don't know. Seems like with technology today, we would see whats coming in the atmosphere.

Heard on the news they had a 16 minute warning. The tornado was just to big and strong. One of the strongest that they have ever seen.

I drove through some intense straight line winds on the way to the state high school softball tourney yesterday. Our girls won by the way. Go Big Blue! Supposed to be another round this afternoon.

Yep, when lived there I worked in Gordonsville for a while and drove through Alexandria every day. Also shot in an IDPA club out there. Beautiful area.

It's home. I love east TN too. I wouldn't give you fifty cents for the beach but love the mountains.

VN Store

Back