Severe Weather Thread

Hmmm must be a fast mover then. They are calling for it here early Wednesday morning with moderate risk of tornadoes. I'm in west central arkansas on Oklahoma border

The models I have seen have it being Wednesday Night into Early Thursday here in West Tn.

Tuesday Night, the Low should be to the northwest of you in Central Kansas. There will be another low to the west of you in west Oklahoma. The cold front is going to run from New Hamphire down into extreme West Texas. The front should move east/southeast during that time. The winds in the jet stream are going to pick up in speed and start moving the system faster to the east.

Count,

I'll be traveling for work from Greenwood, MS to Memphis Wednesday afternoon. Should I cancel this trip due to weather?

I wouldn't cancel just yet. This is all speculation right now and will be more defined as the days progress.

All of its going to depend on the amount of moisture in the atmosphere and the instability, as well as the speed of the winds in the jet streams

The models I have seen have it being Wednesday Night into Early Thursday here in West Tn.

Tuesday Night, the Low should be to the northwest of you in Central Kansas. There will be another low to the west of you in west Oklahoma. The cold front is going to run from New Hamphire down into extreme West Texas. The front should move east/southeast during that time. The winds in the jet stream are going to pick up in speed and start moving the system faster to the east.

This makes more sense. Our weather men are pitifull. Our highs tomorrow are expected to be in the mid 80's. this alone with some sunshine should really have us rocking.

Thanks count!

I wouldn't cancel just yet. This is all speculation right now and will be more defined as the days progress.

All of its going to depend on the amount of moisture in the atmosphere and the instability, as well as the speed of the winds in the jet streams

Thanks man! Where are you in West, TN?

This thing came in here. Thunder. Lightning heavy rain. That was it.

You guys hold on tight and stay safe

30% risk tomorrow in East/Middle Tennessee, with a 45% risk of severe weather in Georgia and Alabama. Storm Prediction Center seems to think that there's going to be a lot of windshear and instability in the Georgia/Alabama area, and that supercells will form in that corridor.

Here, they're just predicting a line of storms with damaging winds, large hail, and isolated tornadoes.

Storms are weakening as they move east. Less instability due to it being cloudy for a good portion of today

Heavy Rain, some gusty winds and small hail

I don't expect any tornadoes

Putting my insurance agent on speed dial. I want to be first in line to get my stuff fixed when elephant sized hail destroys Knoxville.

Been raining in West TN since early morning(2am) and still raining now at 1:00pm CT. They say we've gotten close to 2-3 inches of rain. Yesterday it was 81 degrees & was out mowing the yard & it's now 55 degrees w/rain heading East. The weekend will be a great weekend w/temperatures in the 70's.

Been raining in West TN since early morning(2am) and still raining now at 1:00pm CT. They say we've gotten close to 2-3 inches of rain. Yesterday it was 81 degrees & was out mowing the yard & it's now 55 degrees w/rain heading East. The weekend will be a great weekend w/temperatures in the 70's.

Yep, it was pouring down rain in sheets last night and was still raining when I woke up this morning. I can easily believe 3 inches out of the torrential downpour Memphis got.

VN Store

Back