Severe Weather Thread

I haven't got the time to read all 173 pages of this thread, but I really hope everyone is ok and that you all get through it. I am not in any way religious, so I won't pray, but my thoughts are with you all and my fingers are firmly crossed in the hope that none of you have any issues...

I am around

Real weather is going to kick up when the strong cold fronts start coming out of the midwest. When they start to collide with the warm, unstable air is when the fireworks begin

Do you think that's going to happen soon, or is that a blanket statement?

Do you think that's going to happen soon, or is that a blanket statement?

Last night was the first

Once the northern jet starts to dive south and allows that colder are to move south, it will begin to collide with all this warm, humid air.

That's a recipe for severe weather

Its just spring in reverse. Instead of warm, humid air overtaking the cold air, its cold air overtaking the warm.

October should see the worst.

Very correct. Can't believe I've been sleeping on the coolest thread on the whole forum! I LOVE weather! Just wondering Count...where did you live during the tornadoes, especially 1999?

You guys and gals in East Arky, West Tn, and Northern Mississippi should be on alert for severe weather late tonight into tomorrow

May be the real deal this afternoon and tonight

West Tenn, Arkansas, Missouri Bootheel

Supercells will begin to build ahead of the cold front this evening. They will be capable of dropping short lived tornadoes

Before the front reaches the Mississippi, the supercells will form into a very strong squall line that will push through the area. High winds in excess of 70 mph should be expected, with large hail and an isolated tornado

VN Store

Back