Severe Weather Thread

Could West TN be affected?

Overnight tonight, I wouldnt be surprised to see a Tornado Watch issued from around 10:00pm to Midnight to say 8:00am Monday morning

Atmosphere is primed for the area. Depends on how strong the low is and how much moisture it can pull into the area.

We wont see a widespread outbreak, but a Severe Thunderstorm and tornado could be possible.

Bump for the heat. It's ridiculous here in N. Alabama. Going to be over 100 for the next week or so, dry as a bone.

Middle TN is going to have about 7-8 days straight over 100, and Nashville might get up to 107 Friday.

Ridiculous.

Last edited:
Crazy wind up on my hill this evening. It blew two of my beloved orange Adirondack chairs over a hundred yards away, destroying both, and knocked my satellite dish out of line.

I saw on the news that a roof of a hardware store in Sevier county blew off. Part of it hit a juvenile detention center, the other part took out power lines.

Anyone here work for KUB? We lost our power to our house in south knox around 6. We have live powerlines on the ground to our house yet no one has called or come out to turn off power to the lines.

Anyone here work for KUB? We lost our power to our house in south knox around 6. We have live powerlines on the ground to our house yet no one has called or come out to turn off power to the lines.

Call and tell them. If they are hot, then that counts as an emergency.

There are still about 15,000 KUB customers without power this morning from down power lines, trees blocking roads to get to some areas.

My hometown (Roanoke, VA) has been getting slammed this past couple weeks. We have at least five or six trees down around my house.

Looks like a chance for bad weather tonight. Right now most of TN west of Cumberland is under a tornado watch.

VN Store

Back