SECT seeding scenarios listed

I don't mind the draw at all, first game should be an easy W.

This team should have revenge on the mind against Mizzou.

Once you get to the Semis, any of the top 3 teams are daunting, but all those will reasonably be 50/50 matches
The other thing is that losing in the semis wouldn’t even necessarily be a bad thing with the extra rest you’d get.

Candy wins tonight and we're the 5 seed, if they lose were the 5

Last edited:
Candy wins tonight and we're the 6 seed, if they lose were the 5.

I think we are locked into the 5 now. Vandy wins, we finish in a 3-way tie with Muzzou and Vandy. Mizzou has the best record against the other two teams gi ING then the 4 seed. Tennessee and Vandy split, so the next tiebreaker is H2H vs 1-seed Alabama. Tennessee won, Vandy lost, which gives Tennessee the 5 seed.

Reactions: AirForceVol74
I think we are locked into the 5 now. Vandy wins, we finish in a 3-way tie with Muzzou and Vandy. Mizzou has the best record against the other two teams gi ING then the 4 seed. Tennessee and Vandy split, so the next tiebreaker is H2H vs 1-seed Alabama. Tennessee won, Vandy lost, which gives Tennessee the 5 seed.
Three team tiebreaker is win pct amongst the 3 teams. Tennessee is 1-2 against the 2 teams and we finish sixth

We’re gonna lose game one in both tournaments. Can’t play offense away from TBA.
Put your money where your mouth is. I gave you 2 to one odds for the first SEC game and crickets, man. Hell, I'll give you 3 to one odds in the first game in the NCAA Tournament and I don't even know the matchup and/or seed. You are talking out your ass, trolling or intellectually lacking in basketball knowledge

Three team tiebreaker is win pct amongst the 3 teams. Tennessee is 1-2 against the 2 teams and we finish sixth
So is Vandy.

Mizzou is 2-1 vs TN and VU
TN is 1-2 vs Mizzou and VU
VU is 1-2 vs TN and Mizzou

Three-Team Tie (or more)

When three or more teams are tied, the following procedure will be used in the following order until the tie is broken. If two teams re- main tied after a tiebreaker provision, the two-team tiebreaker formula will be used.

1) Best winning percentage of games played among the tied teams (Example: Team A is 3-1, Team B is 2-2 and Team C is 1-3 - Team A would be seeded highest, Team B second-highest and Team C lowest of the three).

2) Best winning percentage of the tied teams versus the No. 1 seed (and proceed- ing through the No. 14 seed, if necessary).

3) If two teams remain, coin flip by the Commissioner.

Reactions: AirForceVol74
Put your money where your mouth is. I gave you 2 to one odds for the first SEC game and crickets, man. Hell, I'll give you 3 to one odds in the first game in the NCAA Tournament and I don't even know the matchup and/or seed. You are talking out your ass, trolling or intellectually lacking in basketball knowledge
You have no right to any money I’ve earned. I may very well be wrong and I hope so. I just think we are a dead team walking. Why does everything you don’t agree with have to be trolling. I’m not afraid to be wrong and called out for it after the fact. It’s called an opinion, they are quite common on a fan forum.

Reactions: OrangeBoro
You have no right to any money I’ve earned. I may very well be wrong and I hope so. I just think we are a dead team walking. Why does everything you don’t agree with have to be trolling. I’m not afraid to be wrong and called out for it after the fact. It’s called an opinion, they are quite common on a fan forum.
I'm cool with that, but the Vols are beating Ole Miss or USC and I guarantee it. Winning that first NCAA Tournament game, also. In my opinion, just like you have one. I just thought you were so sure of your opinion that you might bet on it, but you were talking out your ass, just trying to get a reaction. Once again, imo

Reactions: cncchris33

TAKE THE MANS BET OR SHUT UP!!!!

Reactions: The Dog
I'm cool with that, but the Vols are beating Ole Miss or USC and I guarantee it. Winning that first NCAA Tournament game, also. In my opinion, just like you have one. I just thought you were so sure of your opinion that you might bet on it, but you were talking out your ass, just trying to get a reaction. Once again, imo
All good here. I make no guarantees. I’m wrong often. We SHOULD handle either of those two teams in game 1. I just don’t like our chances for a long March.

Why we stressing about SEC seeding

I don’t see anybody stressing. It’s a discussion about where we’ll land. It actually seems quite stress free this go around. We’re already a lock for the NCAAT. Nearly a lock for no worse than a 4 NCAAT seed. Exit early and rest up. Get a deep run in the SECT and do more that’s never happened before. TN has been in 3 ot the last 4 finals. TN has NEVER won back-to-back SECT championships.

Reactions: cardvolfan
So is Vandy.

Mizzou is 2-1 vs TN and VU
TN is 1-2 vs Mizzou and VU
VU is 1-2 vs TN and Mizzou

Three-Team Tie (or more)

When three or more teams are tied, the following procedure will be used in the following order until the tie is broken. If two teams re- main tied after a tiebreaker provision, the two-team tiebreaker formula will be used.

1) Best winning percentage of games played among the tied teams (Example: Team A is 3-1, Team B is 2-2 and Team C is 1-3 - Team A would be seeded highest, Team B second-highest and Team C lowest of the three).

2) Best winning percentage of the tied teams versus the No. 1 seed (and proceed- ing through the No. 14 seed, if necessary).

3) If two teams remain, coin flip by the Commissioner.
Even though Missouri lost to almost every ranked team the Vols beat and it took a lucky last second shot for them to beat the Vols

VN Store

Back