SECT seeding scenarios listed

I’m not saying they wouldn’t be ranked. I never said that. I said that I suspect having a famous name brand coach helps (to some unspecified degree) with how high those rankings are, at times.

So media members and those outside have a greater sense of worth for Barnes than our fans do?

I didn't know until this morning that we could lose a four seed to Mizzou and a first year coach. I just hadn't looked at it.

I think the SEC has a bunch of the middle of the pack teams that built their resume in the SEC. Kentucky, Texas A&M, and Vanderbilt to name a few. That's why we see a bunch of projected 7 - 9 seeds. Most will have early tournament exits.

Reactions: Pennheel
The missing the double bye is bigger IMO if you win you play extra game if you make finals could wear on team for NCAAs.
IMO with all of the parity a 3 or 4 seed (NCAA)this year may or may not be any different it’s according to whether you matchup well in your bracket and location to a point. Never know until you see possible matchups.

Welcome to Thursday afternoon SEC tourney time, probably against Ole Miss and South Carolina winner, 3:30 start with a potential rematch against that Missouri team, would like to see Barnes get this team motivated and prepared to play at a high level in front of what should be a nice local crowd like what they had when they collapsed against Vanderbilt and Colorado.

I don’t know why, I have no evidence, but I have a hard time believing they will give the 5th best team in the SEC a 3-seed. Feels like a 4 is where we’ll end up. Just a gut feeling.

I’m not too bothered by the #5. It won’t hurt to get some extra work in without ZZ on the court.

Realistically, this team should be able to beat South Carolina/Ole Miss and Mizzou on a neutral court. We are better than those teams. Doesn’t mean we’ll actually do it because this team is baffling and one of the most inconsistent in Barnes coaching career at Tennessee, but the expectation should be a semi-final appearance at a bare minimum.

Reactions: feathersax
I don’t know why, I have no evidence, but I have a hard time believing they will give the 5th best team in the SEC a 3-seed. Feels like a 4 is where we’ll end up. Just a gut feeling.

Teams aren’t evaluated by conference. On their own. Every conference has an unbalanced schedule.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
I don't mind the draw at all, first game should be an easy W.

This team should have revenge on the mind against Mizzou.

Once you get to the Semis, any of the top 3 teams are daunting, but all those will reasonably be 50/50 matches

Reactions: The Dog

VN Store

Back