SECT seeding scenarios listed

Hard to believe the fall from the number 2 team in the country to pulling for a Missouri loss so we can hang on to a 4 seed in the SEC tournament, yes Tennessee was overrated all season given their inconsistency fully occasioned by offensive breakdowns and collapses, but the 4-6 run to wind up the regular season was triggered by failures on the defensive side as well.

We need talent upgrades on the floor and in the assistant coaches seats to stay competitive with the top teams in the conference night in and night out, home and on the road and at neutral sites. Talent and game plans win the cluch games.

It was a mighty hard fall to 12th, including three wins over the top 10 teams (2 top 5). Definitely overrated, imo. Tennessee also has 7 quad 1 wins this season. That's 11th best in the nation.

Hard to believe the fall from the number 2 team in the country to pulling for a Missouri loss so we can hang on to a 4 seed in the SEC tournament, yes Tennessee was overrated all season given their inconsistency fully occasioned by offensive breakdowns and collapses, but the 4-6 run to wind up the regular season was triggered by failures on the defensive side as well.

We need talent upgrades on the floor and in the assistant coaches seats to stay competitive with the top teams in the conference night in and night out, home and on the road and at neutral sites. Talent and game plans win the cluch games.
Just very appreciative Coach Barnes has our program to the level we are disappointed with a 22-9 record. Frustration can make us lose our perspective sometimes. All the injuries we’ve had and a fairly difficult schedule have been a challenge all year. Let’s gear up for tournament time…

To add to that from #2 in the country to people coming up with excuses why starting with Florida it was a good loss, and finishing with the same number of SEC losses Vandy has right now. Kentucky fans were ready to hang Calipari at the start of SEC play but they will easily finish higher than us because of the sweep.

Just very appreciative Coach Barnes has our program to the level we are disappointed with a 22-9 record. Frustration can make us lose our perspective sometimes. All the injuries we’ve had and a fairly difficult schedule have been a challenge all year. Let’s gear up for tournament time…

Well said, Tennrich. It wasn't that long ago we were all here discussing if TN was going to make the big dance, comparing bracket matrixes and hoping we would sneak in.

To add to that from #2 in the country to people coming up with excuses why starting with Florida it was a good loss, and finishing with the same number of SEC losses Vandy has right now. Kentucky fans were ready to hang Calipari at the start of SEC play but they will easily finish higher than us because of the sweep.

To add to that Tennessee has more top 10 rankings under Rick Barnes than in the previous 40 years combined. I bet KY fans are glad they didn't can Calipari mid season!

If UT had lost to South Carolina with 5 stars and the reigning SEC player of the year and of Barnes had Cal’s recent record against ranked teams, this board…

Hard to believe that we could be a 3 seed in the NCAAT but can’t get a Top 4 seed in the SEC tournament.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
I agree. Barnes has and will continue to be there lurking for a title. I think his biggest problem at times is making adjustments. Santi's lazy pass to JJJ was the killer for me. The fouls as well.

He needs an offense that can do it all and an assistant that can make it work. Another Lanier. I am still not fond of the weave, but it is who we are unless we have a big like Grant. Awaka will be a gem in the future.

You would think that holding opponents to less than 60 points we would not lose very many games.

Reactions: tennrich1
If UT had lost to South Carolina with 5 stars and the reigning SEC player of the year and of Barnes had Cal’s recent record against ranked teams, this board…

That's what make Kentucky's turnaround more surprising.

What so crazy Missouri will have a better record but a horrible non conference schedule to pad their record ironic. Maybe Barnes should schedule cupcakes tough schedule didn't help us during conference season so pad the books

What so crazy Missouri will have a better record but a horrible non conference schedule to pad their record ironic. Maybe Barnes should schedule cupcakes tough schedule didn't help us during conference season so pad the books
Alternatively, you could say without our tough non conference, our resume is absolutely pitiful, and we’re a bubble team or at least a much lower seed

Hard to believe that we could be a 3 seed in the NCAAT but can’t get a Top 4 seed in the SEC tournament.

It's an odd year, for sure. Michigan entered today #2 in the Big10 but is projected to be first 4 out of the NCAAT. Our out-of-conference was not only strong, but we won those games. It's what's propelling our metrics. We have neutral floor wins over the Big12 champion, 2nd place team in the BIG10, Home wins over the SEC champion, and 2nd place team in the BIG12.

It's the OOC wins that are propelling our seed line. I haven't seen MO projected any higher than an 8/9 and that puts you right into a matchup with a 1 seed in game 2.

To add to that Tennessee has more top 10 rankings under Rick Barnes than in the previous 40 years combined. I bet KY fans are glad they didn't can Calipari mid season!

Sometimes - sometimes - I wonder if some of that is due to having a big name coach at the helm. It feels a little familiar at this point to see Tennessee get blown up by the talking heads during the course of a season, only to see the air leak out toward the end of the season. If we didn’t have Barnes, would they be loving on Tennessee quite as much? I wonder sometimes.

Sometimes - sometimes - I wonder if some of that is due to having a big name coach at the helm. It feels a little familiar at this point to see Tennessee get blown up by the talking heads during the course of a season, only to see the air leak out toward the end of the season. If we didn’t have Barnes, would they be loving on Tennessee quite as much? I wonder sometimes.

Uhhh, you have to win games to even be in the position to be ranked

Uhhh, you have to win games to even be in the position to be ranked

I’m not saying they wouldn’t be ranked. I never said that. I said that I suspect having a famous name brand coach helps (to some unspecified degree) with how high those rankings are, at times.

I agree. Barnes has and will continue to be there lurking for a title. I think his biggest problem at times is making adjustments. Santi's lazy pass to JJJ was the killer for me. The fouls as well.

He needs an offense that can do it all and an assistant that can make it work. Another Lanier. I am still not fond of the weave, but it is who we are unless we have a big like Grant. Awaka will be a gem in the future.

You would think that holding opponents to less than 60 points we would not lose very many games.
Awaka just has that sixth sense for being a relentless rebounder. I agree. His future looks extremely bright

Here’s what you got…
Missouri win & Vanderbilt loss 5 seed/Missouri 4
Missouri win & Vanderbilt win 5 seed/Missouri 4
Missouri & Vandebrilt lose 4 seed/Missouri 5
Missouri loss & Vanderbilt win 4 seed/Vandy 5

I actually wish we could just forfeit the SEC tournament and get ready for the dance. With ZZ gone our game plan has been flipped on its head. We could use the extra work IMO.

Reactions: Sudden Impact

VN Store

Back