SEC Tournament

This ought to be rich, show me a clip, any clip of Cardoso ever shoving a player with their back turned. I'll hang up and listen...
Here is a shove in the back by Cordoso and then and elbow to the chin by Reese.

Another shove in the back while not even playing.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Thank you for clearing it up Angel! You woulda, but it's your STATUS that got in the way. Insufferable is not descriptive enough.

And that on and off convenient damn ankle gonna compete w Caitlin for the narrative I'm most tired of this post season

“As a person of my STATUS”…how hilarious AND sad is this. Ready for her to move on.

What a classless show on all sides and poor response on all sides.

LSU handled this poorly after the fact. No need to pour gas on the fire.

SC handled this poorly before the fact. This is a pattern of behavior for Cardoso at this point. Not a one off event. She’s done this 3 times. I thought she should have been suspended by Dawn after returning from international play and her antics there. I even posted that before we played them the first time. Really felt Dawn should have sent a message and suspended her for at least a game. Very unbecoming and not a good way to represent your school or country. Opportunities like that are a privilege and should be treated as such.

Instead Cardoso suited up and played against us but missed the next game for “rest.” Suspicious if you ask me. I half suspect Dawn DID suspended her but allowed her to play against UT knowing they needed her. If that’s the case it’s total BS and the reason we saw this behavior again from Cardoso. She thinks she can do it at this point and nobody is going to do anything about it.

If Dawn had a spine she would suspend her for more tournament games than the one she’ll already automatically miss, but she won’t.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
What a classless show on all sides and poor response on all sides.

LSU handled this poorly after the fact. No need to pour gas on the fire.

SC handled this poorly before the fact. This is a pattern of behavior for Cardoso at this point. Not a one off event. She’s done this 3 times. I thought she should have been suspended by Dawn after returning from international play and her antics there. I even posted that before we played them the first time. Really felt Dawn should have sent a message and suspended her for at least a game. Very unbecoming and not a good way to represent your school or country. Opportunities like that are a privilege and should be treated as such.

Instead Cardoso suited up and played against us but missed the next game for rest. Suspicious if you ask me. I half suspect Dawn DID suspended her but allowed her to play against UT knowing they needed her. If that’s the case it’s total BS and the reason we saw this behavior again from Cardoso. She thinks she can do it at this point and nobody is going to do anything about it.

If Dawn had a spine she would suspend her for more tournament games than the one she’ll already automatically miss, but she won’t.
Well the SEC is going to be a lot of fun going forward as long as Mulkey is in the league and if Reese comes back were sure to have some battles next year. SEC is getting lots of players that are edgy and sure to see some more Incidents sooner than later.

I really loved the Mulkey interview where she says we don't like this and it should never happen. Then in the next sentence condoned a fight saying I wish she had pushed Angel Reese.

Also in the game we had hair pulling, shoves in the back, elbows to the head, SEC is the most physcal conference in the country I have watched them all and Refs allow more physical play in the SEC than any other conference and it isn't even close.

Here is a shove in the back by Cordoso and then and elbow to the chin by Reese.

Another shove in the back while not even playing.

Wow that shove on Sabally looked completely unprovoked. Serial shover. Does Flae J's brother know about this history? Might have made a difference in his decision.

So ironic and funny the announcers are filling the time by saying how regretful KC was and how she'd take the lesson to never do this again. Right.

First, the officiating of this game and the results will impact the officiating for all the NCAA WBB game in the tournament. This was a black eye for WBB that didn't have to happen if the chirping and bumping had been reined in earlier.
Second Cardoso is being Cardoso, the LSU player should have known there would be repercussions for picking on her teammates..... but Dawn should have know that too and also addressed it with Kamilla before it got out of hand
Third, Dawn has put a chip on her players shoulders to keep them hungary, it'll be interesting if she keeps it there or pulls it off to keep things in check
Fourth, I beginning to believe that Mulkey coaches "dirty." The number of players she's had over the years that punch, pull hair, trip (not to the level of Duke ;) ) is beginning to look like more than a coincidence.

Thank you for clearing it up Angel! You woulda, but it's your STATUS that got in the way. Insufferable is not descriptive enough.

And that on and off convenient damn ankle gonna compete w Caitlin for the narrative I'm most tired of this post season

As insufferable and self-absorbed as always. "She's just growing her brand." Yes, sure, her insufferable, self-absorbed brand.

This was going on the whole game…….as if that wasn’t enough she went for her hair later. Cardoso was wrong to retaliate later of course and deserved the DQ, but during this game the refs let it build to that point.

Reactions: Lucy and Wireless1

This was going on the whole game…….as if that wasn’t enough she went for her hair later. Cardoso was wrong to retaliate later of course and deserved the DQ, but during this game the refs let it build to that point.

Cardoso pushed/punched/elbowed Reese in the back, before Reese did the elbow.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
glv98: I'm with you on this one and to me the refs should have went back and review the hair pulling. Also i think Dawn said she will hold her coaches accountable for not holding the players back, They go over things like that in case it happens .
Hair pulling is an automatic ejection. Happened to Striplyn against kentucky last year and I think it was Petty that was tossed.

Well the SEC is going to be a lot of fun going forward as long as Mulkey is in the league and if Reese comes back were sure to have some battles next year. SEC is getting lots of players that are edgy and sure to see some more Incidents sooner than later.

I really loved the Mulkey interview where she says we don't like this and it should never happen. Then in the next sentence condoned a fight saying I wish she had pushed Angel Reese.

Also in the game we had hair pulling, shoves in the back, elbows to the head, SEC is the most physcal conference in the country I have watched them all and Refs allow more physical play in the SEC than any other conference and it isn't even close.
Imagine the TV ratings if there is a final four of Iowa, LSU, SC and say USC with the JuJu factor or a program like ND, Uconn or Tenn, esp if LSU and SC or Iowa and SC face off again. Have to believe the ratings will top anything before hand. Might challenge or top the MBB ratings in some cases.

I suspect that much of this growing interest in the sport of WBB, as evidenced by the leap in TV ratings is being driven by the storylines of players like Clark and the overall increase in the quality of play by female hoopsters. There are so many more good players in WBB these days than in years before, and this has caused parity, always a good thing for any sport. But part and parcel with the growth of the sport are the story lines and yes the media reactions to this story lines.

Old schoolers hate the changes, but these changes are driving the growth and will soon result in a financial windfall for the game of WBB, so that this sport, rightfully so, can stand on its own two feet financially. It is no longer a non revenue sport like gymnastics or volleyball, its ratings say otherwise and we all know the difference.

Last edited:
Imagine the TV ratings if there is a final four of Iowa, LSU, SC and say USC with the JuJu factor or a program like ND, Uconn or Tenn, esp if LSU and SC or Iowa and LSU face off again. Have to believe the ratings will top anything before hand. Might challenge or top the MBB ratings in some cases.

I suspect that much of this growing interest in the sport of WBB, as evidenced by the leap in TV ratings is being driven by the storylines of players like Clark, the rivalries between competitive teams and the overall increase in the quality of play by female hoopsters. There are so many more good players in WBB these days than in years before, and this has caused parity, always a good thing for any sport. But part and parcel with the growth of the sport are the story lines and yes the media reactions to these story lines. Talent is increasing in WBB at a fast pace, and the audiences are tuning in because the sports outlets and social media venues are on fire for it even more so than the men’s game right now.

Old schoolers hate the changes, but these changes are driving the growth and will soon result in a financial windfall for the game of WBB, so that this sport, rightfully so, can stand on its own two feet financially. It is no longer a non revenue sport like gymnastics or volleyball, its ratings say otherwise and we all know the difference. The TV media sales for viewership and commercial ad times for this NCAA tourney will be huge, but right now the ones profiting will be the media outlets. That will change. It’s only going to get bigger friends.
Edited above to expound a bit…peace all.

Last edited:

Here it is she forearmed her fairly hard.

There are two angles to this. From the other direction it looks like Watkins actually shoulders her and FJ pushes her off.

The SC players look classless here. You don’t yell in an opponents face like that as they are walking to the bench anyway. You just don’t.

Dawn let’s them get away with way too much and then that’s the result.

Last edited:
There are two angles to this. From the other direction it looks like Watkins actually shoulders her and FJ pushes her off.

The SC players look classes here. You don’t yell in an opponents face like that as they are walking to the bench anyway. You just don’t.

Dawn let’s them get away with way too much and then that’s the result.
Seemed to be caused by what Watkins walked up to her and said. Certainly taunting, but that had been going on all game and we'll see more whenever they play again which could be this year and certainly next.

Reactions: VolBall09
Seemed to be caused by what Watkins walked up to her and said. Certainly taunting, but that had been going on all game and we'll see more whenever they play again which could be this year and certainly next.

If they play again I expect the officials to keep everyone on a very tight leash. I think that game is going to change how the SEC is officiated next season and should. I’m done with the classlessness, talk and extracurricular nonsense. Get out there and play hard, compete but play fair.

Officials have to re-take control of the game from an emotional standpoint.

Maybe then they won’t miss so many double dribble calls, because that’s also getting old.

VN Store

Back