Day Three

South Carolina vs Miss St Texas A&M winner
LSU vs Auburn Arkansas winner
Ole MIss vs Vanderbilt Missouri Florida winner
Alabama vs Tennessee Kentucky Georgia winner

We should be the second game Thursday.

Last edited:
We are second game Thursday and Friday, starting around 2:30 after the noon game. Possible rematch w Bama on Friday will be big for us, looking forward to that game.

Playing early is a good thing that can maybe offset some of the physical stress of the extra game. More rest and prep time vs evening games.

I believe the semis on Saturday, where we'd probably play SC once again start like 4:30 in the afternoon.

We are second game Thursday and Friday, starting around 2:30 after the noon game. Possible rematch w Bama on Friday will be big for us, looking forward to that game.

This is a good thing that can possibly offset some of the physical stress of the extra game. More rest and prep time vs evening games.

I believe the semis on Saturday, where we'd probably play SC once again start like 4:30 in the afternoon.
If we lose the first game we are a nine seed. If we win it were an 8 seed. If we beat Bama a 7 seed. Beat SC a five probably.

If we lose the first game we are a nine seed. If we it were an 8 seed. If we beat Bama a 7 seed. Beat SC a five probably.
Am I right that an 8 or 9 seed gets you a 1 seed in the second round?

Regardless the seed, that is a big game for us. Another chance to accomplish something by getting back to the semis.

Am I right that an 8 or 9 seed gets you a 1 seed in the second round?

Regardless the seed, that is a big game for us. Another chance to accomplish something by getting back to the semis.
I got the feeling we could come close to beating a number one. Came close today. If some of the other players just made a few more shots it could happen. Some two seeds will be just as tough so not a big deal with me unless it is SC for the third or fourth time.

Playing early is a good thing that can maybe offset some of the physical stress of the extra game. More rest and prep time vs evening games.

We could definitely get there.

I got the feeling we could come close to beating a number one. Came close today. If some of the other players just made a few more shots it could happen. Some two seeds will be just as tough so not a big deal with me unless it is SC for the third or fourth time.
Look for something out of the blue if the 8th seed is best Tennessee gets.
Kinda like shipped out west to UCLA...

Dawn would sh*t a golden brick if she had to play us a 4th time in the second round. I think we can safely say that won't happen.
Getting to at least a 7 is about all we could ask for with the season we’ve had.
Agree with that. It will be good to just get out of the dang SEC and play someone we haven't played before. We'll be someone teams complain about having in their bracket. Imagine being a 1 or 2 seed and getting RIckea in the early rounds.

From pre-season #5 to #5 in the SEC. That, my friends, is the Kelli Harper way!
Shows you not to listen to the early season hype as they were saying that about a team with no post presence and an average point guard at best. The two main positions you need to win big. Same thing happened with the softball team preseason number two without much pitching depth and the hitting has been suspect.
You add no Tamari of what was hoped and Rickea out for 8 games which we didn't win many. I couldn't believe we were ranked that high no way it was possible with the roster we had. I could believe more like lower part of top 25 if everything went perfectly.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Dawn would sh*t a golden brick if she had to play us a 4th time in the second round. I think we can safely say that won't happen.

Agree with that. It will be good to just get out of the dang SEC and play someone we haven't played before. We'll be someone teams complain about having in their bracket. Imagine being a 1 or 2 seed and getting RIckea in the early rounds.

There aren't many teams that will be scared to play us. We are what our record says we are - a soon to be 12-loss team. Out of the 15 Quad one games we played, we only won four. We lost every single game we played against a team that was ranked at the time of the game, and ended the regular season with a single win over a team currently ranked (#20 Oklahoma).

There aren't many teams that will be scared to play us. We are what our record says we are - a soon to be 12-loss team. Out of the 15 Quad one games we played, we only won four. We lost every single game we played against a team that was ranked at the time of the game, and ended the regular season with a single win over a team currently ranked (#20 Oklahoma).
I take your point, but Oklahoma was ranked (#22/20) when we played them.

Opening Day

Florida vs Missouri
Georiga vs Kentucky

Day Two

Tennessee vs Kentucky Ga winner
Vanderbilt vs Florida Missouri winner
Miss St vs Texas A&M
Auburn vs Arkansas

Day Three

South Carolina vs Miss St Texas A&M winner
LSU vs Auburn Arkansas winner
Ole MIss vs Vanderbilt Missouri Florida winner
Alabama vs Tennessee Kentucky Georgia winner

I look for Kentucky and Florida winning their first games, which would mean, we get the cat's again for the third time this season. Hope we are going for the sweep if that's the case. Would have to get the sweep against Bama as well, to win the tournament. That's a tall order.

We only played KY once this year, it was at home. Beat them by double digits and didn't play particularly well, esp in the first half. They don't have anyone that can guard Rickea, she had 27 against them. I think we'll be ok in this one, just hope starters don't have to play 35 mins.

Bama on Friday should be a great game, they're playing very well right now. Anything beyond that game is house money.

VN Store

Back