SEC Tournament

And if you watch the replays, FJ started the whole Donnybrook yet walks away with no penalty. The moral of the story is an old one, never retaliate, that is the one that will pay the price every time.

wait for the replays that come, watch FJ, and also HVL late in the scuffle, she is the one that cut Cardoso’s lip

wait for the replays that come, watch FJ, and also HVL late in the scuffle, she is the one that cut Cardoso’s lip
HVL is a trouble maker. Cardoso didn’t budge when HVL laid hands on her, so I didn’t catch it at first. LSU should be thanking the refs for not punishing them like they deserved.

Glad CDS apologized immediately to all WBB fans. CKM went low in her presser.

No one should be surprised by anything that comes out of LSU's program. Mulkey doesn't instill or demand better behavior in her players. This is the same coach that talked her way around Brittany Griner sucker-punching another player in the face. And when the NCAA only placed a one game suspension on Griner for that punch, Mulkey's big follow up was ... one additional game. Along with a press conference where she spent the whole time asserting that Griner was a good kid and shouldn't be defined by that one punch.

Make no mistake. Mulkey has about as much integrity as a gas station garbage can when it comes to sportsmanship.

Here - wait - I went back and dug up her old Griner comments, because they were so pathetic.

"She snapped, she's not proud of it. She's a kid who is a gentle giant. She's well-spoken, she's soft," Mulkey said before the Lady Bears (No. 15 ESPN/USA Today, No. 14 AP) practiced on Friday. "One incident is not going to identify or define Brittney Griner."

"What she did prior to that incident [punching Barncastle] speaks volumes if you've seen her play," Mulkey said. "What she will do after the incident will help define Brittney Griner. ... I tend to think Brittney Griner has proven nothing to me but that she's going to learn life's lessons."

Not a damn word about the kid whose career was changed by that punch. Not a word. Just excuses, excuses, excuses.

Mulkey is as low as they come when it comes to this stuff.

Last edited:
For everyone hard on Kellie, at least Kellie’s team hasn’t diminished to bad behavior and gamesmanship on court unlike SC and LSU. Both teams presented unacceptable behavior that should be reviewed for punishment by the NCAA following this game.
You’re old school and out of touch. Bad behavior and chirping draws eyeballs and clicks these days. Those equal $s. Nobody is going to take a monetary haircut if they don’t have to, lip service will be made. More physicality between Barbie’s will be encouraged.

She is…when she’s on. When she’s not…and that has happened enough times this year…she’s out of control and makes bad decisions. Williams plays with way more composure. But I think both of them have super high upsides and will probably both end their careers as All Americans.

I agree with you 100% the upside for both is super high. It's game by game with Fulwiley , I think Tessa Johnson has the same super high upside like Williams and fulwiley. But the problem is Tessa has grown to 6-1 and Dawn has moved her to the wing behind 6-2 Bree Hall. Other then Hall SC don't have a wing. Dawn also said she is a very good defender a floor spacer.

I agree with you 100% the upside for both is super high. It's game by game with Fulwiley , I think Tessa Johnson has the same super high upside like Williams and fulwiley. But the problem is Tessa has grown to 6-1 and Dawn has moved her to the wing behind 6-2 Bree Hall. Other then Hall SC don't have a wing. Dawn also said she is a very good defender a floor spacer.
I've been impressed by Johnson. She's a really smart player, and not just content to hang outside the perimeter. The way she attacks the basket is fearless for a freshman. One of the SC fans was saying that she wouldn't play much this year because she wasn't playing against high level competiton in HS and was a defensive liability, but she's been very smart. Even when matched up vs. Jackson, she was at least making Rickea work for her shots.

I thought Williams was great from the get go. Her game is so smooth and efficient, and she will only get better. Her highs haven't been as high as Fulwiley's, but neither have her lows. Staley must get heartburn watching her star freshman play sometimes, but she certainly stepped it up during the SECT.

Kamila has an extra year, but I’m pretty certain she’s gone. If she elected to stay, I don’t think Dawn would kick her out. She has a short temper, but that’s like 1 fight in 3 years.

As far as the WNBA is concerned, they probably think she doesn’t fight enough. I mean, Courtney Williams is still making rosters.

Kamilla has had 2-3 other games where she pushed a player. And she pushed a player while playing for the national team. All this season. It's a pattern

I've been impressed by Johnson. She's a really smart player, and not just content to hang outside the perimeter. The way she attacks the basket is fearless for a freshman. One of the SC fans was saying that she wouldn't play much this year because she wasn't playing against high level competiton in HS and was a defensive liability, but she's been very smart. Even when matched up vs. Jackson, she was at least making Rickea work for her shots.

I thought Williams was great from the get go. Her game is so smooth and efficient, and she will only get better. Her highs haven't been as high as Fulwiley's, but neither have her lows. Staley must get heartburn watching her star freshman play sometimes, but she certainly stepped it up during the SECT.
Dawn was ask about Tessa and she put it out there after the A&M and yesterday she is the most balance player on the team and will defend. And need to find more time for her on the court.

First few seconds of this, poor Pow just chilling at the scorers bench waiting to go in when all hell breaks loose around her. Then appears to try to restrain Kamilla, which at her size and in that moment is kind of heroic. Then gets thrown out with the rest for 'leaving the bench'! Thankfully they reversed that.

Reminded me of last year when several KY players got tossed for leaving the bench in the scuffle with FLA. Problem was the fight was ON their bench and they were just getting the hell out of the way.

Kamilla has had 2-3 other games where she pushed a player. And she pushed a player while playing for the national team. All this season. It's a pattern
Was this one of them?

To my knowledge, she has never been ejected before the other day. And if shoving while not being ejected is the bar, then I'm quite certain 80% of the players on all teams have done the same.

First few seconds of this, poor Pow just chilling at the scorers bench waiting to go in when all hell breaks loose around her. Then appears to try to restrain Kamilla, which at her size and in that moment is kind of heroic. Then gets thrown out with the rest for 'leaving the bench'! Thankfully they reversed that.

Reminded me of last year when several KY players got tossed for leaving the bench in the scuffle with FLA. Problem was the fight was ON their bench and they were just getting the hell out of the way.

Poor Pao Pao looked horrified by the absolute scenes unfolding around her. Am very thankful the refs actually used their brains and didn’t penalize her.

glv98: I'm with you on this one and to me the refs should have went back and review the hair pulling. Also i think Dawn said she will hold her coaches accountable for not holding the players back, They go over things like that in case it happens .

Was this one of them?

To my knowledge, she has never been ejected before the other day. And if shoving while not being ejected is the bar, then I'm quite certain 80% of the players on all teams have done the same.

I don't think she's been ejected either. But she makes a habit of shoving players with their back turned. To me, it's still a pattern. That finally escalated yesterday. Don't get me wrong, I am in no way putting all blame on her. It started from tip off. The refs let it get out of hand and we got what we got.

I don't think she's been ejected either. But she makes a habit of shoving players with their back turned. To me, it's still a pattern. That finally escalated yesterday. Don't get me wrong, I am in no way putting all blame on her. It started from tip off. The refs let it get out of hand and we got what we got.
That's what I mean by everyone does it. Made a basket, turn to run back the other way and give the opposing player a little shove or bump along the way. That's a total nothingburger.

This ought to be rich, show me a clip, any clip of Cardoso ever shoving a player with their back turned. I'll hang up and listen...

VN Store

Back