'18 SC WR Bryce Thompson (UT commit 5/30/18)

Or maybe Micah is changing his number?

landscape-1473868623-sherlock.gif

Summer workout standouts article on 247...

While none of Tennessee’s cornerbacks seems to be on the verge of solidifying a starting job going into preseason camp, it’s worth noting that at least a few of the Vols’ newcomers in the secondary have generated some positive buzz. Freshman Alontae Taylor has continued to show plenty of potential at cornerback since moving from wide receiver to the secondary during spring practice, while another former four-star, Bryce Thompson — a former South Carolina commitment who was a late addition to Tennessee’s class — has continued to show plenty of athleticism and made some plays on defense.

Taylor, Thompson and fellow freshman cornerback Brandon Davis all have gotten their hands on some passes this summer during 7-on-7 work, according to sources, while freshman Trevon Flowers has done the same at safety. The freshman defensive backs still have plenty to learn, and Davis still might need to add some weight. But all of them have shown enough to suggest they have at least a realistic chance of helping the Vols this season in some capacity.

that graphic, the "T" looks like an "R". so it says rhompson

UT's graphic design team needs to step it up. Not sure if that's part of their branding guide, or copy that wasn't ready to print, but that's confusing and it doesn't look good when you have part of his name obscured by the background.

Deon Grant is 6'2, 215; Thompson is 5'10, 185. I love Thompson!!, but idk if he makes that int against UF. And Grant made it look so easy.
Dammit, Dog. Don’t make me put you in the corner again...
Yeah, 85 has owned me today, but I still like Bryce's ball skills. No, he doesn't have Deon's size, but he still looks like a potential great free safety, imo. I still want him at WR, but no doubt, Pruitt knows more than me and at the rate I'm going tonight, so does everybody else

Reactions: bpalmer28
Talking about drumming up old memories. I can proudly say I was at that game.
One of the great picks in Vols history. One handed, too. Deon had another huge pick the next year at Florida that gave UT a chance to come back and steal that game. Then, the 4th down toss to Jamal that Florida read like a book. Always wondered what would have happened if UT ran a fake with a Tee Martin bootleg or a similar play to the 4th down pass to Bryson in the NCAA championship game, but of course, hindsight is 20/20

Guys this is a massive pick up. Thompson is a stud. His high school head coach said hes the best player hes ever had. Muschamp thought this guy could be an elite CB. He and AT might be our starters by the end of the year

Bump. Looks like this was a really good call by SC7 back on May 30. It feels even sweeter that we stole him from Muschamp!

VN Store

Back