Saquon Barkley is the best RB I've ever seen

To be fair he didn't say he would win the heisman he said he was the greatest running back he'd ever seen.. fwiw kiper has Barkley as the number one player on his board ...

Understand that. My point is that “the greatest running back” in the history of GOD didnt even get a Heisman invite because he couldn’t run for 100 yards in more than 4 of 12 games/only averaged more than 5 yards per carry in 5 of 12 games. The greatest running backs I’ve ever seen play in college simply couldn’t be stopped, they were dominant. Barkley has been very good, at times spectacular, multidimensional. But he hasn’t proven that he belongs anywhere near the discussion of “all time greatest”.

And I hate that Barkley is a pawn in this debate here, because I don’t really mean to disparage him, he’s obviously very talented and I’ve said before that he’s one of the best collegiate running backs in the country THIS YEAR, perhaps even the best. Just pointing out that all the evidence points out that D4H is once again horribly wrong with his player “evaluations”.....so arrogant, so smug, yet has no earthly idea what he’s seeing/watching.

D4H, you are quite simply too young to know any better. After watching college and pro football for a little over 50 years, Jim Brown remains the best running back I’ve ever seen. He possessed size, speed and power comparable to Herschel Walker and Bo Jackson, but he was a full 25 years ahead of them.

There is only one meaningful way to compare the accomplishments of players across time who played under widely disparate conditions, i.e. to what degree did that player surpass the achievements of his peers. To this day, Brown remains the only player in NFL history to average 100 yards rushing per game. He led the league in rushing eight of his nine seasons.

You're going to beat the Alvin Kamara thing to death.

Why shouldn't I?

I'm pretty sure I'm the only person on earth that correctly predicted his dominance in the NFL. I didn't just say he would be good, I said he would be a future Hall of Famer whose game would be compared to Marshall Faulk.

And just like that in year 1, Alvin is putting up numbers in the NFL only matched by Hall of Famers and his people comparing him to Marshall Faulk.

Kamara didn't get 199 carries and he didn't play for a great team.

Penn State is not a great team. It was all Saquon Barkley. Without him they don't make a bowl game.

And remember last year when I said Tennessee doesn't make a bowl game without Josh Dobbs. Look at us now?

I was right about Dobbs importance to our team last year just as I'm right about Saquon and Penn State.

Penn State is not a great team. It was all Saquon Barkley. Without him they don't make a bowl game.

You're insane. 20th ranked D + McSorley is good for 8 wins with a decent RB, at least. He's got 37 total TD's and 8 INT's.

Who were they going to lose to in order to be 5-7? tOSU, MSU, Michigan, Nebraska, Maryland, Northwestern, Pitt, Indiana, and Iowa? They lose 7 out of 9 of those? Hell, they might have beat MSU if they didn't keep trying to go to Barkley. He was useless besides one decent run.

You'll say anything to support your case, which is one of the many reasons you have no credibility.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
You're insane. 20th ranked D + McSorley is good for 8 wins with a decent RB, at least. He's got 37 total TD's and 8 INT's.

Who were they going to lose to in order to be 5-7? tOSU, MSU, Michigan, Nebraska, Maryland, Northwestern, Pitt, Indiana, and Iowa? They lose 7 out of 9 of those? Hell, they might have beat MSU if they didn't keep trying to go to Barkley. He was useless besides one decent run.

You'll say anything to support your case, which is one of the many reasons you have no credibility.

McSorely is a product of teams paying all their attention to Saquon Barkley. Without Saquon he's nobody.

Why shouldn't I?

I'm pretty sure I'm the only person on earth that correctly predicted his dominance in the NFL. I didn't just say he would be good, I said he would be a future Hall of Famer whose game would be compared to Marshall Faulk.

And just like that in year 1, Alvin is putting up numbers in the NFL only matched by Hall of Famers and his people comparing him to Marshall Faulk.

I mean when only 1 of your 300 guesses are right, I suppose you have to keep beating on the only one you got correct.

Reactions: 1 person
Why shouldn't I?

Be honest, you’re only harping on it so much because it’s the only thing you’ve been even semi-right on.

We all knew he’d be good, but your HOF claim still isn’t even close to coming to fruition.

Why? He's carried a pathetic team like Penn State to heights its not seen in a long time the last 2 years. His talent and skill is still out of this world. Teams have just keyed on him since he's their only playmaker. He also plays behind a weak o-line.

When Saquon gets to the NFL, you'll see his true greatness. Just like it took Alvin getting to the NFL to see what he was truly capable of.

As much as I love Alvin, Saquon is better. Look for Barkley to dominate the NFL more than Alvin is dominating it right now.

He is going to the Browns -- so NFL career will be short

Be honest, you’re only harping on it so much because it’s the only thing you’ve been even semi-right on.

We all knew he’d be good, but your HOF claim still isn’t even close to coming to fruition.

No. I'm harping on it because it was a big prediction that was met with a lot of resistence.

And Alvin is on his way to a hall of fame career. He's putting up numbers the NFL has never seen before right now. As long as he can stay healthy, he'll be a perennial all-pro that puts up Marshall Faulk type numbers.

No. I'm harping on it because it was a big prediction that was met with a lot of resistence.

And Alvin is on his way to a hall of fame career. He's putting up numbers the NFL has never seen before right now. As long as he can stay healthy, he'll be a perennial all-pro that puts up Marshall Faulk type numbers.

numbers they haven't seen from a rookie. as far as all time not so much. again, lots of football to be played after the rookie season.

if we apply the same timeline to your other predictions you look even worse. Dobbs, laughable NFL bust. Sutton, laughable NFL bust. Derek Barnett, well beyond a "decent" NFL player.

you are only pulling Kamara's current success and ignoring the rest because it fits your story. you are so inconsistent.

everyone else is saying "Wait and see" you are saying "look right now at this one guy, for the rest wait and see"

numbers they haven't seen from a rookie. as far as all time not so much. again, lots of football to be played after the rookie season.

if we apply the same timeline to your other predictions you look even worse. Dobbs, laughable NFL bust. Sutton, laughable NFL bust. Derek Barnett, well beyond a "decent" NFL player.

you are only pulling Kamara's current success and ignoring the rest because it fits your story. you are so inconsistent.

everyone else is saying "Wait and see" you are saying "look right now at this one guy, for the rest wait and see"

He's on pace to break the YPC record (7.0 ypc, record is 6.4 ypc)

Reactions: 1 person

Different players take different amount of time to make their prescene felt. Dobbs is being groomed like Aaron Rodgers right now. He'll be fine. Cam was dealing with a hamstring injury. Now that he's back he'll start playing at a high level.

Alvin is the only one of my 3 future Hall of Famers from Tennessee that has been given the chance to shine. The others will get their chance soon and shine just as bright.

Different players take different amount of time to make their prescene felt. Dobbs is being groomed like Aaron Rodgers right now. He'll be fine. Cam was dealing with a hamstring injury. Now that he's back he'll start playing at a high level.

Alvin is the only one of my 3 future Hall of Famers from Tennessee that has been given the chance to shine. The others will get their chance soon and shine just as bright.

so the first year isn't that much of an indicator?

so the first year isn't that much of an indicator?

For some it is, for others its not.

For example, it took Aaron Rodgers 3 years to become a starter and a few years after that to become ELITE. Compare that to someone like Adrian Peterson that was a stud from day 1.

Dobbs won't be ELITE until the 2019 season. Alvin is ELITE right now. But in the end, both will end up in Canton. Just as Aaron Rodgers and Adrian Peterson are both headed to Canton eventhough they had different starts to their careers.

For example, it took Aaron Rodgers 3 years to become a starter and a few years after that to become ELITE. Compare that to someone like Adrian Peterson that was a stud from day 1.

Dobbs won't be ELITE until the 2019 season. Alvin is ELITE right now. But in the end, both will end up in Canton. Just as Aaron Rodgers and Adrian Peterson are both headed to Canton eventhough they had different starts to their careers.

Steelers will draft a first round QB before we see Dobbs.

I'm confused as to why 1 good year for Kamara puts him in the hall of fame while 2 good years for Joey Bosa and he's still a bust.

I'm hoping you're right on both of them (Dobbs not playing year 1 as a QB should be expected he needed some coaching to be ready) but both have a LONG ways to go to live up to your hall of fame prediction.

McSorely is a product of teams paying all their attention to Saquon Barkley. Without Saquon he's nobody.

Lol you make it sound like a good running back means wide receivers running wide open

Mcsorely is a damn good college quarterback

Not to mention Barkley wasn’t even that good this year **** he was average to bad in at least 4 or 5 games

Dobbs is being groomed like Aaron Rodgers right now..
Lolz that would mean the Steelers are heavily invested in his development which they are not

He might not even be on the team anymore by the time Ben hangs it up. Or he could easily be drafted over right now he’s an afterthought and basically just a security blanket for this year

But you make it sound like he’s the garunteed heir apparent to Big Ben

The fact he was drafted in the 4th or 5th round makes him easily expendable

Comparing him to Rodgers when he was waiting behind Favre is one of the dumbest things I’ve seen you type

Last edited:

Couldn’t of been that much resistance unless you mean the hall of fame **** which is still laughable considering the shelf life of RBs in today’s nfl and the fact he’s in his rookie year

But still he was one of the best backs in the class and when he was drafted by the saints it didn’t take a genius to see it was a great fit with his pass catching ability he could be used similar to how sproles was when the saints had him

**** Dalvin Cook is about the only back I can think of that I thought would be better as a rookie

I'm confused as to why 1 good year for Kamara puts him in the hall of fame while 2 good years for Joey Bosa and he's still a bust.

I'm hoping you're right on both of them (Dobbs not playing year 1 as a QB should be expected he needed some coaching to be ready) but both have a LONG ways to go to live up to your hall of fame prediction.

Kamara is putting up stats as a rookie not seen since Gale Sayers in 1965. Bosa just had a couple of good years of production.

There's a difference between the HISTORIC numbers Kamara is putting up and just a couple of good years by Bosa.

Plus when I use the eye test, what I see from Kamara is sustainable. I don't feel the same about Bosa.

VN Store

Back