Saquon Barkley is the best RB I've ever seen

I don't think you want to give a RB 20 carries per game. Zeke is the only guy to do it for a season in the last 3 years and he has a great line. I think 15+ carries is asking for a short season and a short career. The game has become softer in certain ways, but the rule changes have meant nothing to RB's. They take more punishment per carry than ever before.

I agree with this. Sloppy technique and rule changes have caused a lot of the injuries.

Remember D4H you can't use this game and stats as justification, they're college stats.

Never do.

My love for Saquon Barkley comes from how he plays. The skill and elegance he plays with. Has nothing to do with his rushing yards totals.

I enjoy his film. Not his box scores.

Never do.

My love for Saquon Barkley comes from how he plays. The skill and elegance he plays with. Has nothing to do with his rushing yards totals.

I enjoy his film. Not his box scores.

From a different thread straight from one of the sides of your mouth:

"Official starts don't matter. This is largely a statistical award with extra credit given to team success. If Alvin has 1,500 yards and 10+ TDs at the end of the year he'll be right there. And if New Orleans ends being having the best record in the NFC, that'll help his case even more. Especially if he has highlight plays like he did 2 weeks ago against the Bucs.

Great Stats + Highlight Plays + Team Success = Rookie of the Year"

I realize the discussion was on Kamara, but you are all over the road on what and what can't be used to determine what the success or non success of a player will be. Either it's film or stats or both. Hell, Billy Sims ran the same way and only spent 3 years or so in the league.

Reactions: 1 person
He's a bust given the standard Heisman trophy winners are held to.

But he's been good this year. He should make his second career pro bowl.

How is there a high "standard" for Heisman trophy winners when, by your own words, a Heisman trophy winner has no chance to be good in the NFL based on the last 25 years of history?

That's you argument for being happy these recent generational players of yours are, or were not in the running.

Reactions: 1 person
From a different thread straight from one of the sides of your mouth:

"Official starts don't matter. This is largely a statistical award with extra credit given to team success. If Alvin has 1,500 yards and 10+ TDs at the end of the year he'll be right there. And if New Orleans ends being having the best record in the NFC, that'll help his case even more. Especially if he has highlight plays like he did 2 weeks ago against the Bucs.

Great Stats + Highlight Plays + Team Success = Rookie of the Year"

I realize the discussion was on Kamara, but you are all over the road on what and what can't be used to determine what the success or non success of a player will be. Either it's film or stats or both. Hell, Billy Sims ran the same way and only spent 3 years or so in the league.

That post was with regard to what it will take for Alvin to win Rookie of the Year.

Had nothing to do with how I judge or evaluate a player.

How is there a high "standard" for Heisman trophy winners when, by your own words, a Heisman trophy winner has no chance to be good in the NFL based on the last 25 years of history?

That's you argument for being happy these recent generational players of yours are, or were not in the running.

You guys are trying too hard to try and find contradictions in what I say.

Let me help you here.

The Heisman Trophy is supposed to go to the best college football player in the country. Going by that logic, if a Heisman Trophy winner goes to the NFL and becomes just an average player in the pros, that will not support the notion that the player who won the Heisman Trophy was really the best college football player in the country.

When I say Heisman trophy winners are typically busts, I'm simply looking at the results of the last 15-20 years. In general the guy who is supposed to be the best player in college should theoretically be better than just average in the NFL.

Let me help you here.

The Heisman Trophy is supposed to go to the best college football player in the country. Going by that logic, if a Heisman Trophy winner goes to the NFL and becomes just an average player in the pros, that will not support the notion that the player who won the Heisman Trophy was really the best college football player in the country.

When I say Heisman trophy winners are typically busts, I'm simply looking at the results of the last 15-20 years. In general the guy who is supposed to be the best player in college should theoretically be better than just average in the NFL.[/QUOTE]

True, except once they get to the NFL, they are playing against a collection of those that were considered the best in college, hence being drafted. If Joe Snuffy plays against college teams with maybe 2-3 guys good enough to make it to the league, what were the other 8-9 guys around them? Average?

Let me help you here.

When I say Heisman trophy winners are typically busts, I'm simply looking at the results of the last 15-20 years. In general the guy who is supposed to be the best player in college should theoretically be better than just average in the NFL.

Let me help you some.

You are wrong.

1. The college game and the pro game, in the last 20 years, have diverged to the point only you seem to think it is the same game.

3. That said, if after 20 years of college Heisman winners NOT becoming better than average pro players, I would think a reasonably intelligent person would stop expecting it.

3. You called Ingram a bust yet say he will make his second pro bowl. Hardly a bust, not even just average.

The greatest running back of all time racked up 77 rushing yards vs Maryland yesterday who boasts the 93rd ranked rushing defense in the country.

Seems like he’s been stinking it up for weeks now

Come on d4h surprise us all and actually say something critical of Barkley

Seems like he’s been stinking it up for weeks now

Come on d4h surprise us all and actually say something critical of Barkley

Why? He's carried a pathetic team like Penn State to heights its not seen in a long time the last 2 years. His talent and skill is still out of this world. Teams have just keyed on him since he's their only playmaker. He also plays behind a weak o-line.

When Saquon gets to the NFL, you'll see his true greatness. Just like it took Alvin getting to the NFL to see what he was truly capable of.

As much as I love Alvin, Saquon is better. Look for Barkley to dominate the NFL more than Alvin is dominating it right now.

How has he carried them this year? They got 3 other guys with 500 yards from scrimmage. The QB has rushed for 400 yards and thrown for 3200. McSorley has carried them when Barkley gets shut down. He had big games against:

Michigan
Akron
Iowa
Nebraska
Georgia St

Not exactly murderer's row, but good thing his big games rescued them against certain defeat. In the other games, he averaged 89 yards from scrimmage.

So Barkley, the “greatest running back to ever walk God’s green earth”, didn’t even receive enough votes to be a finalist and get invited to the Heisman Trophy ceremony.

And the D4H trend of not knowing what in God’s name he’s talking about when it comes to anything football rolls on.

So Barkley, the “greatest running back to ever walk God’s green earth”, didn’t even receive enough votes to be a finalist and get invited to the Heisman Trophy ceremony.

And the D4H trend of not knowing what in God’s name he’s talking about when it comes to anything football rolls on.

To be fair he didn't say he would win the heisman he said he was the greatest running back he'd ever seen.. fwiw kiper has Barkley as the number one player on his board ...

Barkley still might turn out to be a very good NFL back but that's one of D4H's biggest issues. (among many I know) The dude has a seemingly clinical mental condition regarding the separation of college and NFL players. A person absolutely, positively is not a great college player if they don't play great in college. If you are a fan of a college football team what someone does while playing at your school is 100x more important than their pro career. In the same vein regardless of anything Barkley does in the pros he was not remotely an all time collegiate player.

All I'm saying is how on earth does the best RB of all time end up with just 1,134 yards at 5.7 YPC* playing for a really good team? Stats aren't everything, but those are pretty mundane numbers for somebody being put in the GOAT conversation.

*7 power 5 RB's did better than 1,134 and 5.7 just this year.

All I'm saying is how on earth does the best RB of all time end up with just 1,134 yards at 5.7 YPC* playing for a really good team? Stats aren't everything, but those are pretty mundane numbers for somebody being put in the GOAT conversation.

Correct. There is no argument available that puts Barkley within the same zip code as GOAT as a collegiate player. Hell, there's not even a compelling argument he's the GOAT at just Penn State.

It's good that he wasnt invited to the Heisman Trophy ceremony.

That's not a place where NFL legends typically go. See Alvin Kamara.

Go and look up Alvin's stats last year in college. Now look up his stats in the NFL.

I told y'all last year Alvin was the next Marshall Faulk in the NFL. And just as I predicted Alvin is looking like the next Marshall Faulk this year.

I don't care about college stats when projecting players to the NFL. I watch tape. I saw Alvin Kamara look like the best RB in college football last year despite the underwhelming stats. And I feel the same about Saquon this year.

Saquon Barkley is the best RB of all time. Just prepare yourself.

Go and look up Alvin's stats last year in college. Now look up his stats in the NFL.

I told y'all last year Alvin was the next Marshall Faulk in the NFL. And just as I predicted Alvin is looking like the next Marshall Faulk this year.

I don't care about college stats when projecting players to the NFL. I watch tape. I saw Alvin Kamara look like the best RB in college football last year despite the underwhelming stats. And I feel the same about Saquon this year.

You're going to beat the Alvin Kamara thing to death.

Kamara didn't get 199 carries and he didn't play for a great team.

VN Store

Back