Saquon Barkley is the best RB I've ever seen

No way. He has a terrible football IQ to start with, he doesn't possess elite size, and he has never statistically dominated for any period of time. Worse yet, his team is winning without him. Guys is going to get drafted, but no one is gonna risk it in the 1st rd IMO. His talent, albeit good, doesn't warrant the risk.

I don't know and I don't care where Antonio Callaway gets drafted. Antonio Brown went in the 6th round. And yet he's arguably the best WR in the NFL right now. When I rank Antonio Callaway third overall in the 2018 class, I'm not saying he will go third overall. I'm saying he'll ultimately be the third best player from this draft class and that I would draft him third.

And for the record, Odell Beckham didn't do much statistically his first two years in college either. Like Callaway he played with abysmal QBs. His only decent year in college statitically was as a junior with Zach Mettenberger. And even then, his NFL production has exceeded his college production because in the NFL he actually played with a good QB and a head coach who knowns offense. Expect Antonio Callaway to have the same big leap in production when he gets to the NFL.

Putting Barkley in the same paragraph as Adrian Peterson shows stupidity on a universal level. Good God D4H. This just shows you never watched AP in college. Or Derrick Henry, Melvin Gordon, Darren McFadden or Reggie Bush.

Putting Barkley in the same paragraph as Adrian Peterson shows stupidity on a universal level. Good God D4H. This just shows you never watched AP in college. Or Derrick Henry, Melvin Gordon, Darren McFadden or Reggie Bush.

Nope. I saw all those guys. Remember Adrian Peterson as a true freshmen. Greatest true freshmen I've ever seen. I'll admit I thought Darren McFadden could be another Adrian Peterson in the NFL. His lack of NFL success surprised me. I also liked Reggie Bush. And FTR Derrick Henry and Melvin Gordon don't belong in this convo. They're scrubs.

With that said, I'll take Saquon Barkley over all of them. Even freshmen year Adrian Peterson. Though that would be very close.

Bryce Love is balling out for Stanford. 787 yards in 4 games, averaging 10.8ypc. Not saying he's better than Barkley those are just crazy numbers.

Nope. I saw all those guys. Remember Adrian Peterson as a true freshmen. Greatest true freshmen I've ever seen. I'll admit I thought Darren McFadden could be another Adrian Peterson in the NFL. His lack of NFL success surprised me. I also liked Reggie Bush. And FTR Derrick Henry and Melvin Gordon don't belong in this convo. They're scrubs.

With that said, I'll take Saquon Barkley over all of them. Even freshmen year Adrian Peterson. Though that would be very close.

You do realize ya idgit that the man is talking about college players playing college ball. In that context all those players listed balled out all to hell. Literally nothing about about the NFL, projected or eventual performance, changes any of that in any way.

You do realize ya idgit that the man is talking about college players playing college ball. In that context all those players listed balled out all to hell. Literally nothing about about the NFL, projected or eventual performance, changes any of that in any way.

I don't care about college production. I care about how the guy plays. The skills Saquon Barkley put on display this past Saturday simply have no comparison. I watched both Derrick Henry and Melvin Gordon extensively. They put up impressive numbers but they never impressed me on tape. They were products of the systems they played in and the talent around them.

Saquon Barkley on the other hand makes Penn State what they are. Without him, they would struggle to make a bowl. His greatness is that profound.

I don't care about college production. I care about how the guy plays. The skills Saquon Barkley put on display this past Saturday simply have no comparison. I watched both Derrick Henry and Melvin Gordon extensively. They put up impressive numbers but they never impressed me on tape. They were products of the systems they played in and the talent around them.

Saquon Barkley on the other hand makes Penn State what they are. Without him, they would struggle to make a bowl. His greatness is that profound.

Let's start with the obvious.

I don't care about college production.
This is the babbling of an idiot. Production on a college football field is EVERYTHING to a college team and it's fans. Yards/tackles/TD's/sacks/receptions/etc are precisely what counts when evaluating how successful a college player is at playing college football. You (and to be fair anyone) DO NOT get to take hugely successful college careers and dismiss them like they didn't happen unless you are genuinely and truly a moron. I'm generally more nuanced about such things but in this case you're arguing 2+2 doesn't equal 4 but in fact equals, IDK, grape soda. Aspire to be a better troll. It's a very low ceiling by definition but when you can't do the 2+2=4 observations it just gets kinda sad.

Now with that out of the way I actually got to watch Barkley play Saturday and make no mistake I think he's really, REALLY good. I actually look forward to seeing him play more.

And seeing it's you some entertaining news updates:

Kareem Hunt and Dalvin Cook are currently sitting atop the NFL's rushing leader board and while Henry is still an impressive 12th considering he's splitting so many carries with Murray he's managing 5.18ypc. Meanwhile Goff is at #6 in yards, #3 in rating. And guess which DE is leading the league in total tackles so far this year?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Why did the elite defense decide not to show up for the first 3rd of the year?

They played elite against Florida outside of 2 plays. Georgia Tech was a weird offense. I don't care about the other 2 games.

Just wait. Your Bama boys will see our elite defense soon enough. Expect to see a game that looks a lot like the 2015 game. We'll beat y'all 17-14 or something very similar.

Let's start with the obvious.

This is the babbling of an idiot. Production on a college football field is EVERYTHING to a college team and it's fans. Yards/tackles/TD's/sacks/receptions/etc are precisely what counts when evaluating how successful a college player is at playing college football. You (and to be fair anyone) DO NOT get to take hugely successful college careers and dismiss them like they didn't happen unless you are genuinely and truly a moron. I'm generally more nuanced about such things but in this case you're arguing 2+2 doesn't equal 4 but in fact equals, IDK, grape soda. Aspire to be a better troll. It's a very low ceiling by definition but when you can't do the 2+2=4 observations it just gets kinda sad.

Now with that out of the way I actually got to watch Barkley play Saturday and make no mistake I think he's really, REALLY good. I actually look forward to seeing him play more.

And seeing it's you some entertaining news updates:

Kareem Hunt and Dalvin Cook are currently sitting atop the NFL's rushing leader board and while Henry is still an impressive 12th considering he's splitting so many carries with Murray he's managing 5.18ypc. Meanwhile Goff is at #6 in yards, #3 in rating. And guess which DE is leading the league in total tackles so far this year?

LOL @ citing stats from 3 weeks into a season.

Right now we are still in the fool's gold portion of the season. Reality will set itself straight in a few weeks.

LOL @ citing stats from 3 weeks into a season.

Right now we are still in the fool's gold portion of the season. Reality will set itself straight in a few weeks.

LOL at watching you squirm. Note all I did was 100% correctly report current league statistics, not one jot more. Your reaction is one predictable for someone trying to defend an ever shrinking (actually already gossamer thin) assertion of credibility.

How convenient it must be to not care about two poor showings against terrible teams.

Eh, we weren't terrible against Indiana State. I definitely wouldn't call our showing elite, maybe not even good. but it wasn't terrible.

Eh, we weren't terrible against Indiana State. I definitely wouldn't call our showing elite, maybe not even good. but it wasn't terrible.

In fairness, I used "terrible" in reference to UT's opponents. I called UT's performances "poor."

VN Store

Back