Sapp issues statement

Hate to break it to you but its our generations responsiblity to raise the children....So, what does that say about us?
Ever notice how literally everyone posts about/talks about how bad the next generation is and "back in my day". Its almost like there is this invisible generation of parents that raised all of these kids talked about, while the real parents have all of these invisible angel children.

For 2000+ years that line gets repeated and apparently still makes the old folks feel good today.

Believe what you will but if your kids are soft, brother that's on you. They will be what we teach them to be.

Also I would argue the teachers of today ain't what they used to be.

Since this thread is waiting on more information.

What is your argument about "teachers of today ain't what they used to be."
I am curious to hear your comparison of older teachers vs. new teachers.

For the most part I am sticking with my stance that it is the previous generations responsiblity to teach the children which starts at home, then school and then the community.

Wonder who wrote this "legal sounding" I am not to blame statement?
I have not seen or heard anything about this conflict. But where there is smoke there is usually a fire.
I will say this... if a child doesn't mind, it should pay the consequences. Now, whether Sapp was in the right or in the wrong, this team better wake up to who the boss is. I think this coach and this staff are going to get a whole lot tougher. It is going to be sh-- or get off the pot. We may see may much "butchpuss" (loved that, used a day or two ago by someone) watching from the sideline from now on.

These aren’t children. These are grownup that are part of a team, they can join the military and vote, quit calling them kids! Be a man and play football.

Well I do not have any idea what happened but I like Sapp's respectful response compared to the worthless Jauan Jennings racist rant last year. Never been so embarrassed as a fan than when they allowed that idiot back on the team.

If Sapp really wrote that statement himself, he should pursue a job in the PR department. Sounded real pretty. I don't remember JJ being racist but he was def upset about something

There was always a chance that Pruitt’s style would not be well recieved by this generation of kids. We are seeing some of that right now imo.

The AL, GA, and FSU players didn't seem to have an issue with his style (not counting the talking heads who never played for Pruitt at UGA).

Pruitt is not use to losing and especially like this. Tennessee football program is a mess. He has a hell of a job trying to get this turned around. I had read that this rebuild will be worse than when majors came home back in 1977. I am afraid what I read is now correct. I went to Vandy game last season- bought a ticket for $5.00 to get in(that is lower than a high school football game), a stadium half full (pretty depressing), and the vols got blown out by Vandy. I said in the third quarter at the game when I left that the next coach has a heck of a job rebuilding this program. True
FAKE NEWS. That is funny, I went to the game LAST YEAR paid $5.00 and sat in a half empty Neyland, especially around the third quarter. Saw a lot of depressed people and watched the Vols get drilled. This is the year you will be able to go to Dudley Field and be depressed again.

Not to say Quarte is lying without all the facts, but how was that not caught by the cameras and how did no one in the crowd see anything? If he got into a confrontation with a coach or another player then i would think someone would have seen it. Im thinking that it is probably a combination of the two stories and that Quarte might have gotten into an altercation and was asked to go in just to separate the two, and he decided not to. Either by Pruitts or his own choice he went to the locker room. I would think if Pruitt had to be restrained the cameras would have caught it.

Maybe it happened in the locker room at halftime and he was sent to the locker room shortly into the 3rd after he said something else.

Reactions: VolEngineer
Well I do not have any idea what happened but I like Sapp's respectful response compared to the worthless Jauan Jennings racist rant last year. Never been so embarrassed as a fan than when they allowed that idiot back on the team.

There was no racist statements made in JJs tirade. The only thing racist was the response to it.

I'll ask again; Why is some of you love a coach ranting and cursing yet get pissed when a player does it?

JJ called a a clueless Brady Hoke and that embarrasses you?

Seems to work fine for Saban and Smart.
Yes it does. I may not have been a fan of the JP hire, but I have no problem with him getting in a players face. As long as you don't lay hands on or openly embarrass a kid they should be fair game.

I've been grabbed by the facemask before (not wrenched my neck or anything) and it's an attention getter. It's a wake up call, gets your head right.

My buddy coaches football (11-12 year olds). He had some kids going through hitting drills, they were yelling at the kids (not cursing) etc. A concerned mother came over to the fence and said "my son isn't doing this. He is NOT going through that hitting drill."

My buddy said " no problem Ma'am, he doesn't have to. If you'll take him to the field across the street, they're having cheerleader tryouts. I think he's got a good shot to make the team."

There was always a chance that Pruitt’s style would not be well recieved by this generation of kids. We are seeing some of that right now imo.

this generation of kids, What are you saying...We have a different Generation of Kids, then say Kentucky, Florida, Missouri, Georgia, ETC. You get the point. No, don't go there.

Wonder who wrote this "legal sounding" I am not to blame statement?
I have not seen or heard anything about this conflict. But where there is smoke there is usually a fire.
I will say this... if a child doesn't mind, it should pay the consequences. Now, whether Sapp was in the right or in the wrong, this team better wake up to who the boss is. I think this coach and this staff are going to get a whole lot tougher. It is going to be sh-- or get off the pot. We may see may much "butchpuss" (loved that, used a day or two ago by someone) watching from the sideline from now on.
Agree with your first statement: Sapp didn't compose this "statement".

Reactions: Type Orange+
FAKE NEWS. That is funny, I went to the game LAST YEAR paid $5.00 and sat in a half empty Neyland, especially around the third quarter. Saw a lot of depressed people and watched the Vols get drilled. This is the year you will be able to go to Dudley Field and be depressed again.
No Trump not fake news. Will not waste my money nor time on this cluster. I invite you to go pal. I will call your buddy Coach Mason and maybe he can get you a black vest too so you can look like a turtle like d mason.

Reactions: feathersax

VN Store

Back