Russia brings the fight to ISIS in Syria!!!

That's because he is already in bed with Russia. Only room for one at the inn.

also he has done plenty of "woe is me, I need help. No America that doesn't mean you. Someone needs to come in and help. Why are you offering to help America? Please we really need help to stop ISIS. No America I don't want you to bomb ISIS for us."

Assad has never been concerned with stopping ISIS. He just wants to stay in power.

His power was and always will be at risk because he allies himself with Russia....nothing more.

Like I said in my previous post...anyone not aligning themselves with the west is under constant attack, either militarily, financially or by media misinformation.

It's that simple..

His power was and always will be at risk because he allies himself with Russia....nothing more.

Like I said in my previous post...anyone not aligning themselves with the west is under constant attack, either militarily, financially or by media misinformation.

It's that simple..

as is anyone aligned with the west. Its not like we are receiving a pass on things. it just turns out that working together makes for a better situation than standing alone. funny concept I know.

Reactions: 2 people
"The Pentagon says it has spent nearly $42 million -- out of $500 million allocated by Congress -- to train a total of 54 fighters so far. "

$42 million to train 54 people? Another shining gov't success story!

Russian troops reportedly join Syria fight,

State Department spokesman John Kirby told reporters Wednesday that Kerry is warning his Russian counterpart, Lavrov, that Russia is fueling instability in the country where a four-year civil war has claimed 250,000 lives.

"[Kerry] reiterated our concern about these reports of Russian military activities -- or buildup, if you will -- in Syria and made very clear our view that [it] ... could lead to greater violence and more -- even more instability in Syria," Kirby said.

Lol. Those Russian aggressors again..

Lol. Those Russian aggressors again..

I love how you conveniently ignored the articles both Velo and I linked concerning Russian SVR funneling of North Caucasus Islamists into Syria over the last couple of years, at least.

But that "out of sight; out of mind" was to be expected. And even if you did address it, I'm sure it is just an American conspiracy.

I get Russia's shtick in Ukraine, but its treatment of Syria has been all over the place. Channeling Islamists to the country to destabilize the region for the US and to "free up" the Russian South of Islamists while still allied with and aiding Assad.

Just weird. Everything about it is just plain ole' weird.

I have a feeling that Russia's handling of Syria may ultimately prove to be its Dick Cheney.

Which is to say, very bad. Very, very bad.

Very unusual for a country that is typically so pragmatic (and not idealist) in its foreign relations. But, then again, maybe its that very pragmatism that has led to such a conflict of Russian interests in Syria.

We'll see.

What is with all of this angst and belly aching about Russia coming into Syria to help fight this evil, beheading terror group ISIS?

I simply don't understand why the US wouldn't welcome this help.

Reactions: 2 people
What is with all of this angst and belly aching about Russia coming into Syria to help fight this evil, beheading terror group ISIS?

Since you started this thread, have the Russians sent out a single patrol? Killed or captured a member of ISIS? Disrupted its logistics train?

By the way, your favorite news outlet, RT, posted the following article:

'No Russian jets sent to Syria' - military source on 'expeditionary force' report

Moscow has denied plans to station troops in Syria. On August 4, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said that the involvement of Russian military in the Syrian conflict “is not on the agenda.”

apparently, the Ynet article referenced in your OP is a load of horse poo

Last edited:

Because they are supporting and equally evil regime?

Since you started this thread, have the Russians sent out a single patrol? Killed or captured a member of ISIS? Disrupted its logistics train?

By the way, your favorite news outlet, RT, posted the following article:

'No Russian jets sent to Syria' - military source on 'expeditionary force' report

apparently, the Ynet article referenced in your OP is a load of horse poo

No, the original claim is probably correct.

It appears to me that the Russians are pulling another eastern Ukraine, just on a lesser scale. "We're not really there, but we are. Except we aren't."

Why exactly the need for secrecy with this one, I'm not quite sure though. That's what baffles me. I speculate it is due to either (or both) the Kremlin's fear of upsetting its popularity domestically or the Kremlin's fear of further potential sanctions.

If I know Russians, which I don't really because know one does (hell they don't even understand themselves either), my gut tells me the secrecy is more about not upsetting the domestic situation. A happy, complacent Russian who isn't out protesting in the streets is the kind of Russian the Kremlin likes.

Putin Says Fighting Islamic State in Syria Is Top Priority - Bloomberg Business

What is Putin suggesting here?

Countries need to “put aside geopolitical ambitions” as well as “direct or indirect use of terrorist groups to achieve” goals that include regime change, in order to counter the threat of Islamic State, Putin said. “Elementary common sense responsibility for global and regional security demands the collective effort of the international community.”

LOL... so now we know exact numbers of troops and hardware based on sateliite images in Syria. Yet, when we asked for evidence of Russian hardware in Ukraine last year, we got Instagram pics and quotes from social media.

Russia has stationed about half a dozen T-90 tanks, 15 howitzers, 35 armored personnel carriers and 200 marines at the base, and has built temporary housing for as many as 1,500 servicemen, according to satellite images and other information cited by unidentified U.S. officials, the New York Times reported on Monday.

I take it worth a grain of salt when he is doing the exact same thing with the DNR/LNR in eastern Ukraine and Crimea.

Putin didn't overthrow an elected head of state.

And Crimea is as Russian as Boston Harbor is American.

So when are Putin's boys going to start taking the fight to IS? I realize that it takes time to get your assets positioned, but we're not talking about a buildup similar to Normandy or Desert Storm.

VN Store

Back