Rumors rumors rumors!!!

Wait, are you seriously suggesting, with any kind of sincerity, that Tua's knee might have been scoped in the sideline tent?
Are you seriously refuting what he is cereally claiming? Besides the rumor is it was only a one hole procedure not two. Eazy peazy.

Lemon squeezey!

LMAO! He bought that hook, line, and sinker!

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
I think it is that we win because Bama is overlooking us?

Last week, we had one sliver of hope ... the noon start time. And we Won!

This week, we have one sliver of hope ... they are overlooking us. And ...

The speculation over Tua is irrelevant. Do y’all not remember what Hurtz did to us the previous 2 years?

Just what the Vols need ... yet another backup QB. Cue the new Heisman watch list. :-D

Just give us Tua. That kid is pretty special to watch. Even if lightening struck and we won, all we would hear from Toothless Nation is how it wouldn't have happened with Tua. It's gonna take something extraordinary to win anyway. Might as well do it against their best.

If I were building our "so we have a chance?" profile for this game, here's how I would build it.

1.) What was the last championship team that didn't either lose a game they had no business losing or have one game way closer than it should have been? Seems like practically every year there is one game that kind of gets overlooked and sneaks up on the best team. Alabama's smallest margin of victory in 7 games is 22 points over Texas A&M. Needless to say, they haven't had one yet. So what is the anatomy of the "slip-up" game? By no means universally speaking, but generally they have a distraction, a team they should easily beat, a "big" next game, and often times.... they are on the road. Alabama's not really talking this game up much. They have their star heisman hopeful QB with a knee injury, they are banged up elsewhere, they are coming in 29 point favorites over Tennessee... bigger stories are on their front pages. They are also heading into a bye week at the end of an 8 game stretch that leads to...a road game at #5 LSU- kind of a big deal. The current remaining schedule for Alabama has Tennessee, LSU, Mississippi State, Citadel, and Auburn. Citadel would never in a zillion years be a threat. LSU... they know LSU will be tough. They'll be ready. Auburn? They owe Auburn some hefty payback in Tuscaloosa...so that leaves Tennessee and Mississippi State. Tennessee is a road game with a big next game afterwards. Mississippi State preceeds...Citadel. Not to mention Alabama hosts Mississippi State.

2.) If Tua is indeed out, Jalen Hurts will be the starting quarterback for Alabama. If anyone not on Alabama's sideline knows about what Alabama's key offensive players have a hard time doing, is there any chance it might be the defensive coordinator who practiced against them daily? For that much, if anyone knows the weaknesses of each defensive player, it's gonna be Jeremy Pruitt. That knowledge and a week to gameplan is certainly useful.

3.) A well-timed confidence boost- The Auburn win has been rained upon in the state of Alabama as being "Tennessee isn't that good, Auburn is that bad." Not out to argue right or wrong there, but when the eyebrows in Alabama are furling, it's directed at Auburn's woes. However on the Tennessee side, they ran with Georgia in Athens well into that game before a badly timed fumble knocked the wheels off of it. A road win at a tough place to get a win can atleast help Tennessee bring the mentality that says "We can win, I know we can."

4.) Motivation- Alabama's primary motivation right now is more likely to be "get into the bye week, get healthy, and get ready for the last five game gauntlet. Citadel aside, they have a brutal end-of-season schedule. For Tennessee, think of it from a recruiting stand point. It's like a game of poker where one person has about 30 times as many poker chips as you, and you and that person are the last two hands in. You know that eventually the only way to flip the table is at some point you are going to have to take a well-calculated chance. Otherwise you'll just be ran into the ground slowly. For Tennessee, when a recruit says they are between Tennessee and Alabama, the given of late is "you'll win at Alabama." Pruitt has a team that's flying under the radar, a home game, a banged up Alabama team coming in... lets say it this way, big stack of chips be darned, this is going to be one of Alabama's weaker hands. It's not going to be easier next year by any stretch of imagination, they'll only be one year stronger.

Am I saying we are going to win? No, I wouldn't say that. If Alabama played us 10 times and the line was 29, 8 times out of 10 they would probably beat the spread in pounding us. And Tennessee this year has had a bad penchant for momentum killing mistakes. You don't "get by with one" against Alabama. They're about as good as any team at ensuring maximum punishment for your mistakes. We will need mistake free football from us, we'll need Alabama to have some bone-headed mistakes, and we'll need to be ready to pounce on any opportunity they stumble up and give us. I refuse to say that we can't win. We can. We will need our most complete game by far and a break or two along the way, and both of those are capable of happening.

If nothing else, bet the under on the spread, we only get our tails kicked by 26 points this year.

and here's mine! :)

Tua will only play if our Vols are up by a couple of scores. Rumor is that the knee has been scoped, just nobody knows if it happened Sunday, Sat in the tent or a week earlier. Not many down south believe he will play unless absolutely needed.

The Mike Tyson DL for the commies will most likely sit the start of the game. I'm guessing 1st half but with Saban you never know, he may sit him for 1 series or just the kickoff. Rumor down south is that he and the commissioner have already agreed to the punishment so we'll see come Sat. Their other injuries are not being reported as too bad other than the WR but they looked rough to me!

As for the game, nobody and I mean nobody is talking about the game. All you hear about is Tua's injury, how physical their game w Mizzou was, Mike Tyson, the bye week and at LSU as their only possible loss looming in a few weeks. Our Vols are the last thing that comes up!

As for the Vols, AD Fulmer let the players know, directly after the win and in the locker room, that it's Buck Fama, hate alabama week!!! We don't care about the whole state of....ma!!! The old general knows how to fire up the players and the fanbase come the 3rd Saturday in October!!! 11 and friggin 6!! All we are studying are the cheating ways of the commies! They are on our mind 24/7! They are beat up, their newest superhero has a chink in his armor thus they have a chink in their armor!! It's our biggest rival!! Historically the Vols have been the team to derail the mighty round the bowl down the hole tide!

I predicted in my ignore NegaVols stump speech post that our Vols would be AL state champs and I'm sticking to it!! Defense scores again, punt team scores off blocked punt, Chandler runs wild, turnover free the Vols end the dynasty 27-26 in a classic! Bama misses 3 FGs and has one blocked, Besides, I'm never, have never, will never pick those cheatin red commie rascals to best our Vols!!

On that note I've been wrong many more times than right in this series! They're good, big and strong. They will try to run it straight down our throats Sat, that's the gameplan. All passes will be outside the hashes and with Hurts we can expect all those Alabama rb screens and toss sweeps, they'll challenge our young secondaries mentality, manhood, strength and speed in every aspect but especially their downhill running game!

Don't come at me if they blow us out and make us look like a high school team. I'm well aware of them being a huge 28.5 point favorite and the long seemingly 20 year losing streak to those cheatin @×$^*=%5!! Beating them Saturday will be easily one of the top 5 all-time victories in our prestigious history!

For those going have fun, nothing better than seeing a victory over bummer in Neyland Stadium!!

P.S.
Do NOT FORGET YOUR CIGARS!!!!
TLDR , but it won't matter they have a roster full of studs and either qb will work out against us

I quit reading after he appeared to claim Tua could have been "scoped in the tent Sat night".

Tua will only play if our Vols are up by a couple of scores. Rumor is that the knee has been scoped, just nobody knows if it happened Sunday, Sat in the tent or a week earlier. Not many down south believe he will play unless absolutely needed.
You don’t know what a knee scope is, do you?

and here's mine! :)

The Mike Tyson DL for the commies will most likely sit the start of the game. I'm guessing 1st half but with Saban you never know, he may sit him for 1 series or just the kickoff. Rumor down south is that he and the commissioner have already agreed to the punishment so we'll see come Sat. Their other injuries are not being reported as too bad other than the WR but they looked rough to me!

As for the game, nobody and I mean nobody is talking about the game. All you hear about is Tua's injury, how physical their game w Mizzou was, Mike Tyson, the bye week and at LSU as their only possible loss looming in a few weeks. Our Vols are the last thing that comes up!

As for the Vols, AD Fulmer let the players know, directly after the win and in the locker room, that it's Buck Fama, hate alabama week!!! We don't care about the whole state of....ma!!! The old general knows how to fire up the players and the fanbase come the 3rd Saturday in October!!! 11 and friggin 6!! All we are studying are the cheating ways of the commies! They are on our mind 24/7! They are beat up, their newest superhero has a chink in his armor thus they have a chink in their armor!! It's our biggest rival!! Historically the Vols have been the team to derail the mighty round the bowl down the hole tide!

I predicted in my ignore NegaVols stump speech post that our Vols would be AL state champs and I'm sticking to it!! Defense scores again, punt team scores off blocked punt, Chandler runs wild, turnover free the Vols end the dynasty 27-26 in a classic! Bama misses 3 FGs and has one blocked, Besides, I'm never, have never, will never pick those cheatin red commie rascals to best our Vols!!

On that note I've been wrong many more times than right in this series! They're good, big and strong. They will try to run it straight down our throats Sat, that's the gameplan. All passes will be outside the hashes and with Hurts we can expect all those Alabama rb screens and toss sweeps, they'll challenge our young secondaries mentality, manhood, strength and speed in every aspect but especially their downhill running game!

Don't come at me if they blow us out and make us look like a high school team. I'm well aware of them being a huge 28.5 point favorite and the long seemingly 20 year losing streak to those cheatin @×$^*=%5!! Beating them Saturday will be easily one of the top 5 all-time victories in our prestigious history!

For those going have fun, nothing better than seeing a victory over bummer in Neyland Stadium!!

P.S.
Do NOT FORGET YOUR CIGARS!!!!
I can absolutely promise you his knee wasn't scoped in the injury tent at the game. Lol

VN Store

Back