[Rumor] NCAA Considering Transfer Rule Change

A contract that is only good for one year. As I've already said if the coach has the option to not renew a scholarship the student should have the same option.

No, but the athlete should have the option to go anywhere and be eligible immediately should their scholarship not be renewed.

Sure it does. Ever heard of a non-compete?

Non-compete agreements are not forced on an entire industry by a governing body. It's each organization that chooses to have them. If the universities themselves were choosing whether or not to issue these and players were agreeing, I'd be fine with that.

Also, non-competes often do not hold up in court.

Non-compete agreements are not forced on an entire industry by a governing body. It's each organization that chooses to have them. If the universities themselves were choosing whether or not to issue these and players were agreeing, I'd be fine with that.

Also, non-competes often do not hold up in court.

Then an athlete should take the NCAA to court over the transfer rules. Nobody is forcing these people to accept scholarships, they enter these agreements upon their own free will.

Then an athlete should take the NCAA to court over the transfer rules. Nobody is forcing these people to accept scholarships, they enter these agreements upon their own free will.

Or the NCAA could just reverse the rule, which is what they're considering. Why do we need a lawsuit to make it happen when the NCAA might just decide it's a good idea on their own?

Or the NCAA could just reverse the rule, which is what they're considering. Why do we need a lawsuit to make it happen when the NCAA might just decide it's a good idea on their own?

I will disagree with the NCAA, I'm 100% against college free agency. It's screwed up the professional leagues, it will do the same to college.

So you think professional athletes should be bound to one organization even after their contract runs out?

No, they should be shunned and kicked out of the league.

Really don’t care, IMO free agency didn’t help any of the pro sports but I’ve not been a fan of any pro team since the 90s.

VN Store

Back