Rucker .... 2nd toughest schedule in college football

And arm chair athletic directors.

The "arm chair" Ad's want Gruden, Strong, Peterson..
The University of Tennessee Ad appearantley wants Dooley..

I'm pretty sure you can label a big money booster as an "Arm chair" Ad?!?!?

I'll take the latter

Alabama is a big difference, but no doubt that Florida's SOS is stout and is one of if not THE toughest when you factor in FSU.

i think alabama is on a different level as well, but lsu is in the top 5 or 10.

my point is that it's not that dramatically different for all of the teams in the sec east.

what makes the difference is that florida, georgia, and carolina are ranked and tennessee isn't.

so, when georgia plays tennessee, it makes tennessee's schedule look more difficult and does nothing for georgia's schedule

His show today was definitely a dog chasing his tail....stupid arguments.

The one valid point he did make: you can't fire Dooley if a home run isn't in place. Agreed.

Last edited:
The schedule only gets tougher next year. Rucker needs to quit giving out blow jobs to Dooley and stop making excuses!!

The schedule only gets tougher next year. Rucker needs to quit giving out blow jobs to Dooley and stop making excuses!!

That's the truth ... Bama, Florida, and Oregon, all away

But I don't think he was necessarily saying it as an excuse, just more of a statement, like:

Tennessee has the 2nd toughest schedule in the country according to Sagarin.

It was only perceived as an excuse

florida has played lsu, texas a&m, georgia, and south carolina.

the only big difference is florida played tennessee while tennessee had to play florida

That is such a biatch slap...did you really have to say that?

According to Rucker, one of the reasons for Dooley's rough season is that Tennessee has played the 2nd toughest schedule in college football.

Strength of Schedule: 2012 Mid-Season Review

According to fbschedules.com Tennessee was not in the top 10 of any of their rankings. Kentucky has by mid-season the toughest schedule this year. Along with them Florida, Arkansas, Auburn, Vanderbilt, and Missouri.

Your link is 2 weeks old.

the only big difference is florida played tennessee while tennessee had to play florida

Two common opponents. No Alabama. The Georgia game is what your offense really looks like.

And we should have let you keep Teague committed. He was responsible for 3 Gator touchdowns by himself. His heart is still in Florida. We should send the body on down to be re-united with it's soul.

Not buying it from the CFB site.

Let's compare....

Kentucky’s past opponent’s (Louisville, Kent State, WKU, Florida, South Carolina, and Mississippi State)

UT's past opponents (Alabama, NC State, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, and Mississippi State)

Is Alabama > Louisville? Is Georgia > WKU? Is NC state > Kent State?

I kind of side with Rucker on this....I can do this all day with the others.

Two common opponents. No Alabama. The Georgia game is what your offense really looks like.

offense has looked like that all year, just without the turnovers.

they find ways to win.

i have literally no complaints about the gators' season and at worst they are staring at 10-2. 11-1 is not out of the question. worst case scenario is they head to the capital one bowl.

i'm extremely happy

Last edited:
offense has looked like that all year, just without the turnovers.

they find ways to win.

i have literally no complaints about the gators' season and at worst they are staring at 10-2. 11-1 is not out of the question. worst case scenario is they head to the capital one bowl.

i'm extremely happy

I'd be happy, too. I thought Florida would struggle for 9 wins. As you said, they have found a way to win. That says a lot about the team and its leadership.

Rucker thinks Dooley needs more time to build a "contender." Well, here are former and current SEC coaches who all "contended" by playing in the SEC championship game within their first 3 years at their respective schools.

Spurrier - Year 3 Florida
Stallings - Year 3 Alabama
Dubose - Year 3 Alabama
Tuberville - Year 2 Auburn
Saban - Year 2 LSU
Richt - Year 2 Georgia
Miles - Year 1 LSU
Meyer - Year 2 Florida
Saban - Year 2 Alabama
Chizik - Year 2 Auburn

Reactions: 2 people

This is why SOS is a bit of a silly stat. Everytime you lose your SOS increases and when you win the SOS decreases.

So our 5 losses have come from teams currently in the top 15 in the BCS (4 of which are in the top 10) and you don't think we have one of the toughest schedules?

You guys will literally say anything to slam this team and staff.

Unfortunately, this is what it's come down to. 95% of the teams in the country would have the same record we do if they were given our schedule. Don't get me wrong, that's still disappointing given that we expected going in to compete for the east, but some of these guys are getting drilled by nobodies week after week. That said, I won't be a bit surprised if we lose on of the last four.

VN Store

Back