Rocky Top Summer League Question....

Lester Wilson.

Hell, Brandon Lopez and Gallen Campbell both played before in the RTL before they graduated IIRC.

Wish I could remember the Webb kid's name. He was a 6'4ish wide body with a Jew fro (white kid).

Anyone who would start crying "misinformation" and claim that someone is "dissing" the RTL league for saying high schoolers play in it has some serious screws loose. How could it possibly matter so much that it's worth calling somebody out over? They're a series of glorified pickup games.

This is disinformation, period!
Originally Posted by Fred3 View Post
Was curious as to the rules of Rocky Top league. If Coach Tyndall okayed his players to participate in the league, would they be able to all be on same team, or must they be broken up...say 2 or 3 at most on same team.? My thought is that if they were able to play together as one team it would greatly improve the team chemistry...which may be as important as all the x's & o's coach DT and staff can draw up!

Ikrager's response that I commented on:
They're usually broken up and placed with High schoolers around East Tennessee. You won't see DT or any assistant drawing up plays though

1. High schoolers do play.

2. You won't see Tyndall or his assistants drawing up plays.

Don't see the disinformation, then again I can make it through the day without depends.

Time for the BTO expose! I’m sure all of you have heard, “When you don’t like the message, attack the messenger!” So watch carefully. This is the tactic used when I prove that statements made are false. Instead of owing up to the disinformation, it is distraction time. So you have seen direct quotes like senile old geezer, let Betty White take her turn, in your old age, don’t think anyone can be this stupid, you belong in a nuthouse, you’re off your meds and your brain isn’t functioning properly, Colonel Sanders, senile old fart, etc. It certainly gives you a good indication of the magnitude of the lies. The most recent is this joke of an attempt to say the RTL is composed of high schoolers and UT players made by someone else. When I pointed out that the rosters of the entire Rocky Top League last year were composed entirely of UT players, former UT players, former VFL’s, and players from other colleges and universities throughout the south. He goes on and says he has been going to the RTL since he was in high school which was the last time he saw a high schooler playing. LOL. Well, all I can say is this so-called retirement home great grandpa, former drill sergeant who instructed hand-to-hand combat for two decades, weighs 200, still runs 5 miles a day, and still bench presses 190. You really don’t want to mess with that, youngster. Not to mention, the mind is still sharper than yours will ever be.

weighs 200, still runs 5 miles a day, and still bench presses 190. You really don’t want to mess with that, youngster.

Wait, you can't even bench your own wait, that's kind of pathetic Betty. I need to get you in touch with the guy from GP that used to post on here and could lift a car and run a 4.3 forty.

The way ikragers post reads, it could be mistaken as him saying "UT guys are broken up and play with high school kids". While there are high school guys, it is not all high school kids. Way too much measuring going on up in here.

Lol. This is too good. High school kids do play they just aren't listed on the roster.

Wait, you can't even bench your own wait, that's kind of pathetic Betty. I need to get you in touch with the guy from GP that used to post on here and could lift a car and run a 4.3 forty.

While carrying the car? That's pretty impressive. :popcorn:

Keep it up boys! Why ya'll are in here bickering, I'm practicing my 20 foot fall away jumper at the local YMCA! See you losers at the RTL!

You often can't pick a roster and assume that's the only guys playing in the RTL. Lots of times the guys on the roster don't make it to the game at all and there are fill in players. The players come from local high schools, local small colleges, larger colleges, and of course former Vols and some other former college players who are usually playing in Europe or something like that part time.

NCAA rules prevent more than 3 players from any one team playing together. They also prevent NCAA coaches from coaching their players in the leagues.

You often can't pick a roster and assume that's the only guys playing in the RTL. Lots of times the guys on the roster don't make it to the game at all and there are fill in players. The players come from local high schools, local small colleges, larger colleges, and of course former Vols and some other former college players who are usually playing in Europe or something like that part time.

NCAA rules prevent more than 3 players from any one team playing together. They also prevent NCAA coaches from coaching their players in the leagues.

Have the rules changed since 2008?
Believe it's 4 players.

Lester Wilson.

Hell, Brandon Lopez and Gallen Campbell both played before in the RTL before they graduated IIRC.

Wish I could remember the Webb kid's name. He was a 6'4ish wide body with a Jew fro (white kid).

Dwight Tarwater.

HIS NAME WAS DWIGHT TARWATER!!

tumblr_m6av0jp1RJ1qf1116o1_250.gif

Reactions: 2 people
The Knoxville News Sentinel Team last year had Wayne Chism, Brandon Lopez, Galen Campbell, Jon Higgins, and Tyler Smith of Tennessee on the roster. They also had Tony White, Jr., College of Charleston, Jamoris Gaines, Lee University, Josh Selby, Kansas, J.D. Miller and Cory ***an of Tusculum, Marcellus Roberts of Cleveland State, Troy Palmer of Roane State, and Gerald Robinson of Georgia. None of the other five teams had a high school player on the roster either, not a single one. All had college players or college grads. 'nuff said.

I'm going to hopefully clear this up for you so you won't look any more foolish. You are listing the players drafted at the beginning of the year. Those are players that "possibly" might be able to play. Some of the players drafted do not show up to any games. Tyler Smith did not play in any games last year iirc. Selby played only 1 night iirc. Lofton rarely plays anymore (maybe 1 night a year) but is always drafted. UT players are still taking summer classes and can not make games on certain nights. These players are usually always filled with high school players. Some of the best players in the Knox area are also drafted in some years. These have been mentioned already: Matthiews, the kid from Powell a couple years ago, the kid from Carter also a couple years ago....the list goes on and on. So, in turn, not to be a smart ass, but basically everyone here is right and you are not. Just sayin.

Reactions: 1 person
If any of the coaches read this board, then please get the word out: DO NOT DRAFT WESTBROOKS!!!!!! He should be banned from participating in any future RTL.

Chism averaged 29.8 in 5 games, Lopez averaged 14.17 in 6 games, Campbell averaged 19.8 in 5 games, Higgins averaged 10 in 6 games, and Gaines averaged 12 in 4 games. This was the backbone of the team that won the RTL last year. 7 of the other players had stats. Maybe Steve Bennett, who scored 6 points in 1 game was in HS, since he had no college listed on the roster. Don't know. Please take notice that the other teams had combinations of the Tennessee scholarship players. There were 6 teams. If there were high school players, they were the rarity not the rule.

Can I please get that 10 minutes of my life back that I wasted reading through this entire thread smh.

We had Lieutenant Dan aka Major Payne arguing with BTO about how there aren't any highschoolers that play in the RTL when clearly there are some every year and once he got proved wrong he just rambled on some non sense. I love Volnation and the people on here lmao.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back