Rock is Official

I read it two weeks ago. Wasn't impressed. I'm glad you are.

Funny since I never said anything about my opinion of him. I'm just enjoying how nothing will ever be good enough for this fanbase. Bunch of snake-bitten, whiny rednecks.

Your research is the LA Rams site? That's hilarious. 😂😂

What are they supposed to say? 'He sucks at his job, but he's a cool guy with an intimidating name?'

I swear.. If UT fans were Eskimos, Butch would be selling ice to half of Vol Nation.

Why are you here? To voice your pessimism for all to hear?

He has a positive reputation. The consensus of some was we wouldn't spend money on any high profile coaches ever, regardless of position. My only point was this hire flew in the face of thier platform.

I have no idea what goes into a S&C program of any sort, so all I can base my personal opinion on is his reputation and results. I feel like it's difficult to see results on a NFL team from the S&C program. At least for me it is. There have been some negative things come to light, but when you work as long as this dude has, you're going to piss someone off. So, I take that with a grain of salt since the good seems to far outweigh the bad.

Also, I don't care that his name is Rock. His name could be Bilbo Baggins for all I care. His name is actually Roger, by the way. He's been here for a grand total of approximately five minutes as well, so you might want to actually give him a shot before passing judgement on his tenure here. After the 2017 season is the time to look back and judge whether or not he lived up to his reputation and expectations.

Im not doubting he is good, but pump the brakes about giving him X amount of money until we see him in action.

Your research is the LA Rams site? That's hilarious. 😂😂

What are they supposed to say? 'He sucks at his job, but he's a cool guy with an intimidating name?'

I swear.. If UT fans were Eskimos, Butch would be selling ice to half of Vol Nation.

You're clearly driving an agenda. His background certainly should give you some reason for optimism but only time will tell if he will be successful here. So my closing thought for you would be to bring something of substance to the board or STFU.

HOW ONE MAN (S&C) CAN PREPARE 20 different sport teams and have them all at their peak. would rather have Rock concentrate on football only.

hqdefault.jpg

(Snark aside, its a completely normal arrangement. Delegation is a wonderful thing when used properly)

Reactions: 1 person
You're clearly driving an agenda. His background certainly should give you some reason for optimism but only time will tell if he will be successful here. So my closing thought for you would be to bring something of substance to the board or STFU.

Still waiting for someone who isn't easily impressed by the Rams, cute names, and Butch's coach speak to offer valid reasons asvto why this is a great hire.

Of course that isn't happening. The hell with his on field results. He seems like a fun and entertaining guy. That's good enough for fans who are thrilled with 8 and 9 wins.

I'm sure that the footVol program will be his top priority since footVol brings in the most $$$ by far.

I'd also bet that he's allowed to hire some assistants since he's overseeing all 20 sports at UT.

nick saTan has said many times that his S&C coach is his most important coach and that's because the S&C coach spends much more time with the players than any other coach does or is allowed to do.

Rock was a All American O lineman at the level he played at so the spirit to compete to get better and Win is solidly ingrained in him.

He loves to teach and help people get better, that's what he lives to do.

He won't spend all his time in the weight room because those workouts are done according to a specific schedule.

In the Summer when our Team Captains and Leadership council have the Team out practicing the Rock will be watching and if he talks to players to offer some friendly advice to help them get better nobody is going to complain.

During regular footVol practice if the Rock sees something and helps the player learn more and faster not 1 coach will gripe about it.

That's why nick saTan says his S&C coach is his most important coach on his staff and it's probably why the alaBubba S&C coach is 1 of the highest paid S&C coaches in the country.

Our new Rock will be teaching lots more than just how to lift weights properly and he'll push our guys hard too.

VFL...GBO!!!

Why will he be involved in soccer and satanic worship? Am I missing something?

Im not doubting he is good, but pump the brakes about giving him X amount of money until we see him in action.

You can't have it both ways. If you don't pay the people who are perceived to be the best they'll find another job somewhere else. Rock is very mature in his career. He's going to demand a high salary.

Butch had never been a P5 coach before, so even though he was as tapped as the best fit for UT (that was available), he received mid-level money because of where he in his career. When he produced results that were perceived to be positive, he got retention money.

Still waiting for someone who isn't easily impressed by the Rams, cute names, and Butch's coach speak to offer valid reasons asvto why this is a great hire.

Of course that isn't happening. The hell with his on field results. He seems like a fun and entertaining guy. That's good enough for fans who are thrilled with 8 and 9 wins.

I'm not thrilled with 8 or 9 wins and it's pretty foolish for you to assume others are. He's got a good resume and many pro football players have really positive things in support. Favre made it a point to thank him in his HOF induction speech. It just seems to me that there is ample reason for optimism. Please share specifically why you are so negative on what most experts think is a really good hire.

I am an Eskimo and I ain't buying s*** from the used car salesman LBJ.

Good policy.

Think I'll reserve judgement on Gullickson until the Vols take the field in the Fall.

Also wonder how long it will take Jones to tick him off like he did with Lawson.

HOW ONE MAN (S&C) CAN PREPARE 20 different sport teams and have them all at their peak. would rather have Rock concentrate on football only.

It's my understanding that he will most definitely concentrate on football but will be available to the other teams should they need assistance.

Good policy.

Think I'll reserve judgement on Gullickson until the Vols take the field in the Fall.

Also wonder how long it will take Jones to tick him off like he did with Lawson.

Untold story or one you just made up? :question:

But not for the elite awesome fans like you, huh Bunky? :yu:

What realistic S&C coach candidate would you have preferred we hire? Who would you consider a good hire and why? Just curious. Thanks.

How many S&C coaches can anyone name off the top of their head. Scott Cochran and?....the rest. :dunno:

He's either such an elite fan that I can't comprehend that level of fandom or he's a troll. Either way I don't get it.

So he can't "make you understand" why he's a vastly superior fan? :wink2:

How many S&C coaches can anyone name off the top of their head. Scott Cochran and?....the rest. :dunno:

You're right, but as against Gullickson as he seems, I figured he would know exactly who the right man for the job is. I'll admit I have to Google just about every name that comes up, but after researching Gullickson, I think he's a good hire with a good resume. I'm just curious who he would have hired.

You're right, but as against Gullickson as he seems, I figured he would know exactly who the right man for the job is. I'll admit I have to Google just about every name that comes up, but after researching Gullickson, I think he's a good hire with a good resume. I'm just curious who he would have hired.

I've been hopeful with EVERY S&C hire since I've been a Vols fan...never from a basis of knowledge. All you usually have to go on is a resume. Bama has made a rock star out of Cochran. Mickey Marotti of Ohio State is getting that status, but I only know that name because of a recent ESPN article. Point is, you gotta Google for pretty much any of these characters. Can't make someone else know more than I do. :blink:

I have to disagree with you on Chris Doyle. The one thing I can say about Hawkeye FB, is their always one of the more physical teams on the field year every season.

I was mostly joking. The problem with that team is the head coach.

When we played them they were certainly less physical and slower than we were, and I think you saw that against Standord and Florida too. I'm gonna pin a lot of that on recruiting, tho.

VN Store

Back