Rock is Official

We are paying Rock $375,000 annually. That's the third most in the SEC in a state with lower cost of living (compared to some, but not all SEC states) and no state income tax.

WHY WON'T WE SPEND THE DANG MONEY YOU GUYS?!

We are paying Rock $375,000 annually. That's the third most in the SEC in a state with lower cost of living (compared to some, but not all SEC states) and no state income tax.

WHY WON'T WE SPEND THE DANG MONEY YOU GUYS?!

We are actually on par with most other SEC states on cost of living if you measure it by how far your dollar goes, so I'll stand moderately corrected on that. The two other states without income tax, Florida and Texas, are the two outliers.

For reference: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...-goes-in-each-state/?client=ms-android-google

We are actually on par with most other SEC states on cost of living if you measure it by how far your dollar goes, so I'll stand moderately corrected on that. The two other states without income tax, Florida and Texas, are the two outliers.

For reference: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...-goes-in-each-state/?client=ms-android-google

More reference material on the salaries of strength coaches across the country: Football | Strength | Salaries | USA TODAY Sports

Iowa needs a refund.

This is probably the greatest hire that buTch has done so far.

Rock played as a O lineman so he can teach how to play the O line positions as well as any line coach can.

I just hope we'll pay the man enough $$$ to keep him on the hill when NFL teams come calling for him because it's just a matter of time until they call.

Having the Rock here should also help with our recruiting to any smart prospect that really wants to get to the NFL.

WELCOME Rock!!!

Happy to have you in our Big Orange family.

VFL...GBO!!!

I would say it is not only the best hire, but it is the biggest.

This past season, we were in good condition, but we were not the strongest team, on most Saturdays (or Thursday). Games are won and lost mostly on the line of scrimmage. I too, get caught up in where the ball is, but the truth is, it is way more important what is going on up front.

If we want to get to Alabama's level, then we need strength and conditioning up to their level. I think the next thing we need is to get recruiting there - and it is not too far off.

I heard yesterday on SportsTalk that Alabama has 30 people involved in recruiting, which is well above any other program. They not only get the best athlete, but also the best character students and team leaders.

Yes, everything is important. Certainly, the OC and DC are important hires, but these other areas are way overlooked by us star gazers.

Reactions: 1 person
Watching the introductory press conference, Rock seems like a really down to earth man.

For those with time to kill...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuvDlSXqsrk

Well, I watched it.
He talked about meeting Butch when they both coached at the University of Rutgers.
Yes, he called Rutgers University the University of Rutgers.
Twice.
This shouldn't bother me.
But, jeez, he worked at a place and didn't know their name?
I guess he can call us Tennessee University as long as he gets our players in great shape, I guess. :eek:k:

Seems likeable. Cant say I'm "blown away" or anything from the presser but ultimately it doesn't matter as long as the players respect him and he gets the job done.

I don’t believe he will be own the practice field coaching anyone. His coaching is in the weight room. He will be able to talk to the players year, but he can not be a position coach also.

I have family that's loved in vonore and Madisonville most of there lives. Use to head up in smokies as a kid quite a bit. Even rode dirt bikes up in Turkey pin in the hills. How long have you lived there

Rock played as a O lineman so he can teach how to play the O line positions as well as any line coach can.

I just hope we'll pay the man enough $$$ to keep him on the hill when NFL teams come calling for him because it's just a matter of time until they call.

Having the Rock here should also help with our recruiting to any smart prospect that really wants to get to the NFL.

WELCOME Rock!!!

VFL...GBO!!!

Since he is overseeing S&C for all of Tennessee's sports programs, that should justify paying him well. Should help prevent both basketball teams from being pushed off the boards. Guess we will see in a year or two.

We had a strength coach. Not sure how you arrived at this conclusion.

Well, we now know that when Lawson was let go, they just put Szersen in charge without hiring anyone to carry the load Lawson did.

That being said, I am damn sure how he arrived at that conclusion.

Reactions: 1 person
I hope this hire helps with recruiting also.......... It should be HUGE!

WELCOME Rock!!!

VFL...GBO!!!
He played Oline in the 70s, when linemen were 0260.
Great point though!!!

Well, we now know that when Lawson was let go, they just put Szersen in charge without hiring anyone to carry the load Lawson did.

That being said, I am damn sure how he arrived at that conclusion.

We knew that after it happened. That's not new info. Szerson was the strength coach from the point Lawson was let go. We can certainly discuss whether or not it was the right move (although results indicate it was not) but we did in fact have a strength coach.

VN Store

Back