Rise to the top

The brand-building efforts of the AD are as aided by having a football coach willing to participate in them as they were hindered by having a coach that was not.

I agree absolutely. Further, it requires someone who is actually capable of being the face of the franchise, which puts CBJ leaps and bounds ahead of Dooley.

My point was that he's not alone in this. I don't see how you can completely disconnect Dave Hart from what most are viewing as initial positive steps in the right direction.

Have to admit... CBJ is saying all the right things right now. I just hope that what he says translate to results on the field.

Yeah i hope it translates well too, but I can't stop from thinking about how all he is saying/doing seems a lot like what Franklin has been doing over at Vandy. All bash him and make fun of him but now that CBJ is doing it at UT it's cool. Franklin has been doing well with it so not saying anything wrong with it. Just interesting how people are around here.

Just glad CBJ doesn't look like a penis and a dousche bag. Which could be why our fans like it. At the end of the day I'm looking at what he's going to be able to do once he gets out of this recruiting dead period and shouldn't have time for all this baby kissing stuff.

Last edited:
Yeah i hope it translates well too, but I can't stop from thinking about how all he is saying/doing seems a lot like what Franklin has been doing over at Vandy. All bash him and make fun of him but now that CBJ is doing it at UT it's cool. Franklin has been doing well with it so not saying anything wrong with it. Just interesting how people are around here.

Just glad CBJ doesn't look like a penis and a dousche bag. Which could be why our fans like it. At the end of the day I'm looking at what he's going to be able to do once he gets out of this recruiting dead period and shouldn't have time for all this baby kissing stuff.

I think the approach he is using right now is something that we need. After the whole coaching search thing kind of blew up in our face we need some good media attention. I will admit I was not on board with the hire at first because it felt desperate to me. What CBJ is doing is slowly but surely getting me on board. I think he is taking all the needed measures to try and unite the fan base. Wins on the field and improvement in the football team will help further unite us.

Reactions: 2 people

We have history and tradition. Vandy has nothing. Huge difference

Reactions: 1 person
The brand-building efforts of the AD are as aided by having a football coach willing to participate in them as they were hindered by having a coach that was not.

What sort of events did Dooley skip? Serious question as we always heard about Big Orange Caravan, talks at press clubs etc. The speed at which some of these new things are coming out indicates they've been in the works for a while.

great video. Coach should be able to fire some people up. At the very end of the video, when Butch was shaking hands and talking with each player on their way out, who was the giant at the very end of the line with the cane? You couldnt see him clearly. I just dont recall anyone having surgery post season. I was wondering if it was Tiny. What say you

CBJ is going to be sweating orange, not just bleeding it. He definately seems to have gone "all in" which is more than I can really say about the last two HCs. I'm still amazed Dooley initiated the VFL program, especially with how he treated former Vols. I'm beginning to think CBJ was born here and became a transplant in Michigan. ; )>

bUTch doesn't sweat,, He is a BIG ORANGE ICECUBE ....

I'll give CBJ credit...the guy is a good salesman...reminds me of Pearl (which is a very good thing). Someone earlier mentioned the AD getting some credit for this "campaign". I agree they likely have a hand in it but it all started with Butch saying "put the mic on me" when he came into town. He has a vastly different philosophy than Dooley. It is clear CBJ is going to SELL the program and dispense hope and confidence. It is refreshing...still in a wait and see mode here but so far so good.

I agree wholeheartedly. He reminds me of Pearl as well. I think that's a good thing. If he isn't an enthusiastic salesperson for the program, who else will be. So far, I like what he's selling...

does everybody have to have a slogan?i guess it sells tee shirts.

i'm not being negative,i just think it's kindof corny.just come out next year and kick people in the teeth.

Reactions: 2 people
How does our history and tradition help us beat Vandy next year? They beat the orange off us and we lost our 3 best players. Don't expect for us to beat Vandy anytime soon.

i think vandy's better but they should have never beaten us.it was the way we played in that game.our offense struggled and our defense was the same thing we had been dealing with all season.

i'm hoping the new coach can pull out the best from our players.i think we were really close but something was missing.i don't know if it was attitude or just a lack of confidence.

bUTch is slowly building a Positive Mental Attitude which is critical to building a winniung program.

He's using everything he can get to put out more hope and swagger to the press to help get more positive talk going for Tennessee to try and help recruiting.

The more the recruits see and hear about Tennessee the more our Vols will creep into their minds and make them consider the Big Orange more seriously.

This is a totally awesome video for us fans but more to show recruits how incredible gameday at Tennessee really is and what a special place Neyland is.

laMe kiffScum did alot of classless crap to try and get UT in the press.

bUTch is going to be a classy guy and keep us in the press and on the minds of recruits as much as he can.

Like it or not, bUTch is our coach for the next 4 or 5 years so we may as well all get on board and be supportive and do everything we can think of to help recruiting rather than to hurt it.

I'm really already JONESin for some smashmouth Tennessee football.

VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 1 person
:eek:lol:
great video. Coach should be able to fire some people up. At the very end of the video, when Butch was shaking hands and talking with each player on their way out, who was the giant at the very end of the line with the cane? You couldnt see him clearly. I just dont recall anyone having surgery post season. I was wondering if it was Tiny. What say you

I didn't see it mostly likely is, he had minor surgery to clean up his knee.

What sort of events did Dooley skip? Serious question as we always heard about Big Orange Caravan, talks at press clubs etc. The speed at which some of these new things are coming out indicates they've been in the works for a while.

He didn't skip any, he did exactly what he had to. Just not one thing beyond what was required. Think about how many times you heard him on radio shows outside of VolCalls or read one-on-ones that he did with reporters. It wasn't often, and was short when it happened.

So far, Coach Jones do everything asked of him and more. He knows how important being out there is for a coach, especially one for a team that needs the exposure right now.

bUTch is slowly building a Positive Mental Attitude which is critical to building a winniung program.

He's using everything he can get to put out more hope and swagger to the press to help get more positive talk going for Tennessee to try and help recruiting.

The more the recruits see and hear about Tennessee the more our Vols will creep into their minds and make them consider the Big Orange more seriously.

This is a totally awesome video for us fans but more to show recruits how incredible gameday at Tennessee really is and what a special place Neyland is.

laMe kiffScum did alot of classless crap to try and get UT in the press.

bUTch is going to be a classy guy and keep us in the press and on the minds of recruits as much as he can.

Like it or not, bUTch is our coach for the next 4 or 5 years so we may as well all get on board and be supportive and do everything we can think of to help recruiting rather than to hurt it.

I'm really already JONESin for some smashmouth Tennessee football.

VFL...GBO!!!

You can support the university without drinking the kool aid the ad is pumping out.. when your product suxs you have to be more aggressive promoting it... some people see it and others continue to drink..

Hart knows he has to brainwash the fans because most r waiting until we see the product on the field n he has 300 dollar season tickets to sell.. not being negative just saying they r in sell baby sell mode until NSD.. that his first true test with the fans.

VN Store

Back