RIP Twitter

Did I tell you today that Musk is making changes to Twitter I don't like? Don't worry, I'll tell you again tomorrow and the day after and....

The beauty is you don't have to click on the thread if you don't want in on the fun.

This thread is much better now than when we had all the anti-business discussion about ending section 230 when it was the other way. That was not fun. That was too serious in a disappointing and disheartening way.

Last edited:
I read about 1/4 of the deposition. It's pretty funny to see the two lawyers and Musk all irritate each other so much.

Elon Musk was deposed in this ^ lawsuit because he participated in spreading conspiracies about some random college student who has been harassed for it. Anyway, some interesting admissions came out of the process....

FB_IMG_1712844332776.jpg

Reactions: NashVol11
Things are clearly going well

Apparently, it's going to be a small fee. I believe the company line that it's not about the money, it's to combat bots. He hasn't been able to solve that problem. He's been obsessed with the bots and they were only at 5% on old Twitter...I wonder if Twitter has become a much bigger target for bots and it's now a bigger problem? I don't get why he would be so obsessed with 5%.

Apparently, it's going to be a small fee. I believe the company line that it's not about the money, it's to combat bots. He hasn't been able to solve that problem. He's been obsessed with the bots and they were only at 5% on old Twitter...I wonder if Twitter has become a much bigger target for bots and it's now a bigger problem? I don't get why he would be so obsessed with 5%.

There is no way it is only 5%. No way.

What are they talking about? No link? No explanation of anything? Who posted this? DogeDesigner. Cool.

Turns out that it was a court order to take down the content, not the ruling of the eSafety commissar. Nobody explicitly said he had to remove it for all of earth that I can tell. That's why the tweet says "appears to be" instead of "is." I assume he can remove it in Australia and be good, just like he does for the despotic state of Turkey (and doesn't complain about it). Even if they did, what's on the line is Australia's relationship with Twitter. He asks "should the...." when he literally has all the power to decide this. They are not appealing to a NWO or the UN or something like that to observe this demand. It's just the relationship with Australia and X on the line. If Australia gets authority over all countries, it will be because Musk allowed them to.

Last edited:
Probably more about not being able to stop them than how many there are.

Because of the Twitter advertiser exodus, my CEO thinks it's worth trying our hand there thinking we can get cheaper clicks.

Let's just say setting up campaigns has not been very easy. I'll probably eventually figure out most of this stuff, but the UX has been terrible. Can't add an email list. Can't even create ads until we figure out the right account to log in with. Only one account has permission for that. They give us no insight into which email that might be tied to, and they rejected my support ticket. Please make it easier for me to give you $.

Follow up. Here we are nearly 3 months later. I got my support ticket to go through but still have not heard a response. I get an invite to a webinar, so I show up to ask my question. I add it to the Q&A first thing. The call starts 6 minutes late with technical difficulties. They tell us there will be Q&A at the end. We get to the end and they tell us they will not be able to get to all of our questions, and then don't answer a single one and abruptly end the call.

I wonder if they didn't want to answer my question because they'd be saying "No, we don't have that feature." We literally had 6 minutes of dead air where they could have answered it and they just sat there waiting.

Although clearly several of you don't have more then contempt for the constitution or free speech, at least this immigrant appears so far to appreciate it.

Musk may claim that but his actions show different. I'm often told on here that's the only thing that matters
Welp if I didn't admit I have doubts at times I wouldn't be very honest. I want to believe he means what he says...but he sure has a lot of buisiness contracts with the "blob". I always do have one fott still in the he could just be controlled opposition camp. I think on some level though he recognizes though that if they succeed at destroying the United States as a power, his Mars shot will never happen....

Welp if I didn't admit I have doubts at times I wouldn't be very honest. I want to believe he means what he says...but he sure has a lot of buisiness contracts with the "blob". I always do have one fott still in the he could just be controlled opposition camp. I think on some level though he recognizes though that if they succeed at destroying the United States as a power, his Mars shot will never happen....

He contradicts himself, so it's impossible for him to mean what he says. He called himself a free speech absolutist and then later said that he thinks the laws of the land should dictate speech. He's got his gifts, but he doesn't understand politics, civics, government, or basic concepts like free speech.

And like PJ said, his actions contradict both^ of those things he said about speech. Twitter is moderated still, of course. There are words you can't say. You can't even say "cis" (even though it's not a derisive term), which would clearly be fine to say if you were a free speech absolutist or just abiding by the laws of the land.

Reactions: NashVol11
He contradicts himself, so it's impossible for him to mean what he says. He called himself a free speech absolutist and then later said that he thinks the laws of the land should dictate speech. He's got his gifts, but he doesn't understand politics, civics, government, or basic concepts like free speech.

And like PJ said, his actions contradict both^ of those things he said about speech. Twitter is moderated still, of course. There are words you can't say. You can't even say "cis" (even though it's not a derisive term), which would clearly be fine to say if you were a free speech absolutist or just abiding by the laws of the land.
I have always wanted to tweet cis at another person on Twitter. Looks like I am going camping this weekend instead.

a5c.gif

I do think he is an immigrnat who loves free speech. i could be wrong, and he could be another controlled opposition, I never underestimate the evil in government or the left.

I do think he is an immigrnat who loves free speech. i could be wrong, and he could be another controlled opposition, I never underestimate the evil in government or the left.
…he could also just be a guy who is desperate for approval, as evidenced by basically everything he does

…he could also just be a guy who is desperate for approval, as evidenced by basically everything he does
Yeah I don't get that at all. He seems in fact to have a rather large disregard for approval and kinda slashes his own path. That doesn't remotely describe him. My concern has more to do with technocrat connections.

VN Store

Back