RIP Twitter

Polarizing is a better term, but the end result is the same. Fortune 500 companies usually don't like being associated with polarizing figures either.

I'd say he's both. Taking a strong public position on divisive topics makes him polarizing. Douchebaggery makes him toxic...like remember when he threatened advertisers that if they left Twitter, he would get the mob after them? That's not polarizing. That's toxic psycho girlfriend **** specifically directed at partners

Reactions: NashVol11
I'd say he's both. Taking a strong public position on divisive topics makes him polarizing. Douchebaggery makes him toxic...like remember when he threatened advertisers that if they left Twitter, he would get the mob after them? That's not polarizing. That's toxic psycho girlfriend **** specifically directed at partners
It's polarizing. His fanboys (and others who like that he took over Twitter) loved those comments.

"Toxic" is a description for someone who has done something that is universally or near-universally appalling, like Harvey Weinstein.

Genius and polarization often go it tandem. I mean, good gosh; Elon just placed the largest Single spacecraft into space in History yesterday (and it wasn’t even close to the previous record holder (Skylab). I will gladly take the controversy as long as the genius continues.
And once we start REUSING Starship, the future of humanity makes a quantum leap. Your grandchildren may live on Mars for crying out loud.

It's polarizing. His fanboys (and others who like that he took over Twitter) loved those comments.

"Toxic" is a description for someone who has done something that is universally or near-universally appalling, like Harvey Weinstein.

Nah, that's not the definition. That's not how people use it. It's way broader than that.

Screenshot_20240315-082630_Google.jpg

Toxis had been watered-down like the term racist

Do you mean when it went from a literal term to a figurative term? What are we talking about here? It was popularized to describe people for toxic behavior in relationships since the 1980's.

In your mind when did it get nerf'd and what did it mean before it got nerf'd?

Ok...I mean...there's still a whole group of people whose lives he doesn't add negativity and upset to. A bunch of people love him and see him as some kind of savior.

Some people probably love Harvey Weinstein. At this point, IDK what we're talking about here. The point is that his behavior was toxic enough that he hurt his business. It doesn't matter if some people love him.

Some people probably love Harvey Weinstein. At this point, IDK what we're talking about here. The point is that his behavior was toxic enough that he hurt his business. It doesn't matter if some people love him.

He's still the richest man in the world... people may dislike him, but they're still going to buy Tesla and watch Netflix from their Starlink terminal.

Not sure if toxic is really a correct term here.

He's still the richest man in the world... people may dislike him, but they're still going to buy Tesla and watch Netflix from their Starlink terminal.

Not sure if toxic is really a correct term here.

What does any of the first paragraph have to do with the last sentence?

Threatening people from leaving a relationship/partnership is absolute textbook toxic behavior. Do you remember when he gave the ultimatum to employees to commit to being "ultimate hard core" or leave? Again, this is textbook toxic behavior. What about when he mocked his disabled employee who didn't know if he still had a job?

What would it take for you guys to admit he's toxic?

The attempts to change the definition of the term and then pivoting to deny its validity after the real definition is documented while we have a mountain of support, if you're actually paying attention...all this over a semantic argument to white knight for a billionaire d-bag who tricked you into thinking he was for free speech? Wtf

You're poorly trying to justify your butthurt. It's hilarious.
You thought I was “equating society to Twitter” when the logic holds either way because you were stupid, I explained why that ‘equating’ isn’t necessary, and now you’re doubling down anyway. Average justbob interaction lol

Last edited:
You thought I was “equating society to Twitter” when the logic holds either way because you were stupid, I explained why that ‘equating’ isn’t necessary, and now you’re doubling down anyway. Average justbob interaction lol
It was your post, not mine. It was illogical.

Years ago when I came to the realization that Facebook is crap I just closed it one day and never went back. You should do the same with Twitter, it'll even improve.

Do you mean when it went from a literal term to a figurative term? What are we talking about here? It was popularized to describe people for toxic behavior in relationships since the 1980's.

In your mind when did it get nerf'd and what did it mean before it got nerf'd?

I think when the dems started screaming toxic masculinity for men being men, that'smy thought. If you're a traditional man, who leads his family and tries to be a leader, was labeled toxic. If you didnt agree with feminist behavior from men, you were considered toxic. For me, i noticed it comung from academia.

Reactions: whodeycin85
I think when the dems started screaming toxic masculinity for men being men, that'smy thought. If you're a traditional man, who leads his family and tries to be a leader, was labeled toxic. If you didnt agree with feminist behavior from men, you were considered toxic. For me, i noticed it comung from academia.

Gimme a break. Who the **** is labeling that as toxic?

Masculinity is not toxic. Toxic masculinity is. When people correctly label toxic behavior as toxic masculinity, you don't have to feel threatened by it, unless you have toxic behavior yourself. I'm more twisted about the idea that you think it's just men being men.

When I was in college, we were boys being boys. I didn't do anything terribly wrong to get me in actual trouble, but I hope boys treat my daughter better than I treated girls. Same goes for the girls to the boys. Lots of toxic behavior all around. Ultimatums, lack of trust, jealousy, gaslighting, objectifying, manipulation...we thought we were treating each other OK. We put labels on this bad behavior, then we started to understand it more, and hopefully the next generation has healthier relationships. Couples sometimes never reach this level of emotional maturity. I think older people are confused because this used to be acceptable behavior but it never shiuld have been.

Acknowledging toxic behavior is the first step. The second a boy gaslights my daughter, she can label the toxic behavior and call him out and then he can act right or she can move on. They'll both probably grow up faster, whatever happens.

This is an interesting take. It's the inverse of the people who aggressivey credit him for his successes. Both sides have plausible takes. Neither side actually knows how much credit he deserves. We do know it's true that a crazy amount of Musk's attention has shifted to Twitter and Space X is doing big things while Twitter is...X.

Screenshot_20240316-085529_Facebook.jpg

If you're a traditional man
"A traditional man is his word; he is honest, ethical, and does the right thing, even when it's challenging or unnoticed. This commitment to truth and moral uprightness isn't just about personal honor; it's about building trust and respect in relationships and communities. Responsibility is another cornerstone."

That has Trump written all over it.

Not.

Well, I guess this is probably one of the reasons Musk is canceling Lemon's free speech...apparently Musk asked what advantages his being white has afforded him...this is an Afrikaner who literally lived in an apartheid state. What else is in the interview?

Don Lemon is an idiot!

Wait, you think he's dumb for over-asking in a negotiation?

Musk is the most thin-skinned man on the planet and agreed to a deal with Lemon and an interview. How did he think this was going to go? Lemon got exactly what he wanted out of this whole transaction. Musk has been made a fool, yet again. I'm not even saying the outcome is right, that's just what it is. Lemon won.

VN Store

Back