Reunited and it feels so good!! (Dobbs to 49ers)

I think Dobbs is at his best when he has free rein to create spontaneously, backyard FB or whatever you want to call it. I believe some players like Dobby, Cardie Pat, Barry Sand,and Gale Say, just play better when they can empty their heads of a plan and just be what they are. We'll see.

Last edited:
I think Dobbs is at his best when he has free rein to create spontaneously, backyard FB or whatever you want to call it. I believe some players like Doggy, Cardie Pat, Barry Sand,and Gale Say, just play better when they can empty their heads of a plan and just be what they are. We'll see.

This is not how NFL offenses work. Plays are always planned. Sometimes, certainly, QBs have to react and improvise and make plays on the fly---but that is when planned plays break down, not before. Dobbs's problem is that he can't sustain good play. He started out fairly well with both the Cards and the Vikings, but then in both cases the more he played the worse he and the offenses got. Wish him well. He's certainly with a good organization. He's getting like another ex-Vol named Josh--Richardson of the NFL, who has been traded a LOT.

I wonder if he got a salary boost based on the notoriety he achieved last season.

I never wish injury upon anyone because surgery and recovery is one of the worst things I have ever experienced, but if Purdy can’t play and Dobbs gets the job I will immediately become a bandwagon 9ers fan.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
They just signed Josh to a one year 2.25 mil deal. This could be really cool, as the Niner's have an O line that could let him do something aside from running for his life. I am really happy for the man.
Wife’s ecstatic! San Jose girl who’s a fan of Dobbs, the Vols and the Niners…in that order. She hounds me because I keep missing him at work. He was timing Katt Williams in the 40 a couple of weeks back.

This is not how NFL offenses work. Plays are always planned. Sometimes, certainly, QBs have to react and improvise and make plays on the fly---but that is when planned plays break down, not before. Dobbs's problem is that he can't sustain good play. He started out fairly well with both the Cards and the Vikings, but then in both cases the more he played the worse he and the offenses got. Wish him well. He's certainly with a good organization. He's getting like another ex-Vol named Josh--Richardson of the NFL, who has been traded a LOT.
Yeah, sure, I was talking about what kind of player Dobbs and the other guys I mentioned in my post. Not about how the NFL works. But appreciated your response just the same.

I wouldn't compare him to Richardson. Richardson has been a regular in the NBA since he graduated from UT. Dobbs has had a hard time making rosters

He should stick around as long as he can. Shocking how much backups are getting these days.

That's awesome for Dobbs...what he has done over the last two years has ensured his status as a backup QB for several more years IMO...at $2M+ per year he will be absolutely set once he is done with football

VN Store

Back