Respectfully, Pump the Brakes

All in for CJP and what looks like a top shelf SEC staff,
I'm excited for Tennessee Footballs' future!
HOWEVER;
1. We have seen this roster on the field,
2. There is no 2nd team depth at a majority of positions particularly on Defense .
3. There is a lack of speed, particularly quickness, all over the field to opponents. Just watch the films.
4. Injuries, Injuries, and more injuries.. So many key players with major injuries. How well will they heal?
5. New Coaches, Totally New Systems! There will be a learning curve. Expect pretty basic simple early on.

Recruiting will help, but to depend on 17 and 18 year old true freshmen to stand toe to toe in the SEC is a stretch. Some do it but MOST cant. Its gonna take 2 or 3 years.

Look to KS at UGA for hope, but remember he inherited a 9 win team loaded with good/great soph and rs freshmen. Not a team that just finished the worst season in their history.. Big Difference

Good post. Most see an Orange tie on a new coach and scream 15-0. I supported the last two from the presser on. Not this time, just win.

Reactions: 1 person
I think their recruiting has gotten to the Bama level, or better if you follow closely. And Fromm is the real deal. GA owns the East for a few years

Not sure Georgia has ever fallen out if top 7 or so in recruiting. The term game manager was invented for Fromm

Then he should be here recruiting, and the CJP ball washers should shut up.

Uhhhmmm?? He is! Only going back to coach his D during the dead period.. He cant talk or contact any recruits then anyways and he will be back before dead period is over.. His staff will handle the non contact stuff..
This was explained over and over in the papers and stories. Read much?

HOWEVER;
2. There is no 2nd team depth at a majority of positions particularly on Defense .
3. There is a lack of speed, particularly quickness, all over the field to opponents. Just watch the films.
4. Injuries, Injuries, and more injuries.. So many key players with major injuries. How well will they heal?
5. New Coaches, Totally New Systems! There will be a learning curve. Expect pretty basic simple early on.

Recruiting will help, but to depend on 17 and 18 year old true freshmen to stand toe to toe in the SEC is a stretch. Some do it but MOST cant. Its gonna take 2 or 3 years.

Look to KS at UGA for hope, but remember he inherited a 9 win team loaded with good/great soph and rs freshmen. Not a team that just finished the worst season in their history.. Big Difference

Funny that literally EVERY OTHER team can rely on freshmen, but UT can't?

Pump the brakes on pumping the brakes.

Reactions: 3 people
Uhhhmmm?? He is! Only going back to coach his D during the dead period.. He cant talk or contact any recruits then anyways and he will be back before dead period is over.. His staff will handle the non contact stuff..
This was explained over and over in the papers and stories. Read much?

Wrong, research before you come on and talk about things you know nothing about.

He can call and text recruits all day during the dead period if he wants.

HOWEVER;

Respectfully stop with carrying water and setting a low bar. Jones was run out of town for not coaching them up. Pruitt has the team to easily win 9 games. Less than 7 wins would be an embarrassment for such a "great" coaching staff.

I'm not sure which is worse; those pretending we hit a home run with this staff or those lowering the bar to ridiculous levels

IÂ’m looking at the mentality of Pruitt and those he is hiring and know two things. Tenn is gonna be a tough, physical and strong team going forward. Secondly, this staff will recruit top 10-15 every year

Hahahaha

If 10-15 is the best they do our ass is in trouble.

HOWEVER;

Oh Hell no. Yall wanted Philly back and you got him. Yall talked about how great he would be and how his leadership was what Tennessee needed, and it is here. Now you want time? Hell effin No, I don't want 1 second of that. Full speed ahead, run through a wall, and stand behind that BS or STFU. We already wore out too many pads and rotors pumping the brakes. Kick in the afterburner and haul ass.

Reactions: 2 people
uh.. pump the brakes indeed.

must beat Vandy in last game of the year to finish 6-6 and get to a bowl.

Yep, that's going to be 2018, IMHO.

Brakes Sufficiently Pumped!

I'm on board with this. Let's get bowl eligible first, I think that's a reasonable goal, regardless of all the amateur talent evaluators on this board. :crazy:

Reactions: 2 people
Oh Hell no. Yall wanted Philly back and you got him. Yall talked about how great he would be and how his leadership was what Tennessee needed, and it is here. Now you want time? Hell effin No, I don't want 1 second of that. Full speed ahead, run through a wall, and stand behind that BS or STFU. We already wore out too many pads and rotors pumping the brakes. Kick in the afterburner and haul ass.

Yep, he has to do better than Butch. Butch won 9 games his third year.

I think people are overestimating the rosters in the East. I heard a regional SEC guy on WNML and his opinion was that Tennessee had the 2nd most talented roster in the East next year.

The East is a 5 alarm dumpster fire outside of Georgia. Every team has major roster/coach question marks. We should definitely, without question win 3, lose 3 and we have 6 games that are toss ups but have a better roster in most if not all of them.

I think people are overestimating the rosters in the East. I heard a regional SEC guy on WNML and his opinion was that Tennessee had the 2nd most talented roster in the East next year.

The East is a 5 alarm dumpster fire outside of Georgia. Every team has major roster/coach question marks. We should definitely, without question win 3, lose 3 and we have 6 games that are toss ups but have a better roster in most if not all of them.

I believe 2nd most talented roster is correct. I want to see CJP win November next year, we have a big talent advantage over every team we play in November. If that does't happen we'll be looking for another coach in 5 years.

Wrong, research before you come on and talk about things you know nothing about.

He can call and text recruits all day during the dead period if he wants.

And he cant do that from Tuscaloosa?
Other than when he is in meetings or practice, which if he was at Tenn and they were going to a bowl it would be the exact same would it not?

And why the attack?

Agree on weaker rosters, but I personally feel TNs is weak as well based on what I saw as was my OP. No 2nd team, No SEC speed, particularly at LB except maybe Bitulli and his isn't top level.

Throw that in with the fact that Bama and Aub have the best rosters in the west and they are on Tenns schedule

As I said in the OP, I'm just reading some posters who expect a 9+ win team in 1 year is gonna be tough without some luck, and a lot less injuries

I do believe many believe as I do

No pumping of brakes. No big predictions except playing hard. BBall Vols won't win conference, but we can enjoy them playing hard. We aren't devoid of talent, just want to see them play to potential. Can this staff develop them and simplify so they can go play?
729323.jpg

Not sure what to expect. It is like I am approaching a really stale green or yellow light, foot definitely covering the brake.

I am mostly pissed that we are yet again in a low expectation / rebuilding phase at UT.

And he cant do that from Tuscaloosa?
Other than when he is in meetings or practice, which if he was at Tenn and they were going to a bowl it would be the exact same would it not?

And why the attack?

Meetings and practice are gonna be a lot of hours. He'll be working at least 12 hour days to prepare Alabama for the playoffs. That doesn't leave a lot of time for recruiting. IDK that he is coaching Alabama, but then he doesn't get the "we don't have talent" excuse. If he was spending all of his undivided attention on recruiting for Tennessee we might have some better talent next year.

My expectations:
2018- 6 wins.no blowout losses. Maybe to Alabama.maybe.
2019- 8 wins. bowl game with a win. Music city or something
2020- 10 wins, bowl game with a win. Something just outside the playoffs better than Music city quality.
2021 - 10+ wins. SEC Championship appearance. Playoffs seriously discussed.

I'm not asking a lot. Increasing by two wins every year for 4 years. No coaching decisions where the National media is discussing how we embarrassed ourselves. When we lose, we look compeditve.

Hope... positivity... optimism... that's loser stuff and I'm glad we have so many here to make sure no one can feel good about where the program is going.

VN Store

Back