Respectfully, Pump the Brakes

Press conference winners

Lane Kiffin- so different than Phil, he's got swag!

Dooley-so different than Kiffin, he's a southern, talks like us! Hope UGA doesn't hire him away!!

Butch- so different than Dooley, he's polished! Very inspiring!

Pruitt- so different than Butch. He's southern and he's all business! No coach speak!!

I'm not anti-JP, it's just funny to see the same overly optimistic stuff every time. I'm hoping he's our best hire since Phil

Exactly. It is insane.

Reactions: 2 people
Nope, the CJP ball washing club have created a religion where you can't question CJP at all. Maybe not the first year, but double digit wins has to be the expectation year 2. If this staff is top shelf they can do it.

All in for CJP and what looks like a top shelf SEC staff,
I'm excited for Tennessee Footballs' future!
HOWEVER;
1. We have seen this roster on the field,
2. There is no 2nd team depth at a majority of positions particularly on Defense .
3. There is a lack of speed, particularly quickness, all over the field to opponents. Just watch the films.
4. Injuries, Injuries, and more injuries.. So many key players with major injuries. How well will they heal?
5. New Coaches, Totally New Systems! There will be a learning curve. Expect pretty basic simple early on.

Recruiting will help, but to depend on 17 and 18 year old true freshmen to stand toe to toe in the SEC is a stretch. Some do it but MOST cant. Its gonna take 2 or 3 years.

Look to KS at UGA for hope, but remember he inherited a 9 win team loaded with good/great soph and rs freshmen. Not a team that just finished the worst season in their history.. Big Difference

Excuses .... excuses ... excuses.

All these existed last year but were not considered valid excuses. Why are some of you now "okay" with excuses???

Reactions: 2 people
I believe that some of you really don't think Pruitt can get the job done and are building excuses not to protect Pruitt but because Fulmer hired him.

There is no reason why this team cannot win 8 games next year.

Reactions: 1 person
I honestly think 8-4 is our ceiling.

Yes, I’ve been negative and somewhat concerned over this hire but Pruitt has done all the right things so far that can make any Vol fan feel confident heading into next season. He’s proven me wrong.

I don’t think anyone is expecting an National Title. Just being competive and winning the games you’re supposed to win would be enough to satisfy our fans.

By the time they are seniors, the good ones leave and the bad ones get beat out.

As a fan what do I gain by pumping the brakes?

Pumping the brakes on the Vols seems delusional.

Serves no purpose.

It's time to "Ride on.".

I'm ready for some good records to be set concerning the win column.

Go Vols!

With a strong recruiting class that meets NEEDS and not star ratings alone along with strong discipline and actually coaching these kids up, I think some success can be had year one. The east is getting stronger so I don't see a championship run this year but a solid 8-4 is very obtainable.

I'd guess 6-6 to 8-4 year one.

Two years in we might see a 9-3 to 10-2 year with some breaks.

I like this hire. It's not flashy. It's not a slash.

It's SOLID. It's a football coach and disciplinarian. He's not a talker but a worker.

Time will tell but I think we made a good move here.

Interesting that so many of you are predicting win/loss numbers with so many variables yet to play out. I will not be so bold as to guess numbers.

With a new coach, coaching staff, and system(on both sides of the ball) come many questions. How well will the new class be suited to assume positions on the field as freshmen? How much will the current players "buy in" to what I perceive a much tougher workout regimen? How will the chemistry be between the coaches of this new staff? How tough will the teams on the schedule be? The questions just go on and on.

Now I bleed orange like the rest of you, and I hope they have a tremendous year.

I'm just not much on guessing until the end part of spring training when a lot of variables will hopefully be in clearer focus.

The last things I want to say is this.....

I am so excited about the way the coaching search turned out, and hopefully the admin issues and big booster issues we have had in the past will forever stay in the past.

And....

I believe it is going to be a new era in Tennessee Volunteer football that makes us all smile and gives us a regular case of the spine shivers as we see the success.

Excited....but we we have very few players that could start for the big three in the SEC West. Recruit, recruit.

Plenty of talent poorly coached. Lots of injuries. 2016 no strength coach really hurt. This will be a fun team to watch! GBO!!

Do we not have talent or do we have talent that hasn't been developed?

Having said that, I think we steal one and go 7-5.

Sept. 1 -- vs. West Virginia (Charlotte) L
Sept. 8 -- ETSU W
Sept. 15 -- UTEP W
Sept. 22 -- FLORIDA W
Sept. 29 -- at Georgia L
Oct. 6 -- Open Date
Oct. 13 -- at Auburn L
Oct. 20 -- ALABAMA L
Oct. 27 -- at South Carolina L
Nov. 3 -- CHARLOTTE W
Nov. 10 -- KENTUCKY W
Nov. 17 -- MISSOURI W
Nov. 24 -- at Vanderbilt W

I see a 7-5 season, after February signing day that could improve, we'll see.

Obviously not confident we can beat anybody myself but Georgia will fall back drastically next year

It is hard to not get excited with all the things that are happening. Just don't forget that AD Fullmer pulled us out of a hole of ignorance created by inept people and and others trying to have things their way without knowing a whit what they were doing. We have got the ideal hire for our coach

I listened to The Swain Event on Friday and they were talking about some statistics data but I can't remember what that data was but the projected record for the next 2-3 years was:

8-4/9-3 year one
10-2/11-1 year two
10-2/11-1 year three

Being what it is, I would be very excited about CJP matching or besting Butch's best record in his first year. Despite the outcome of this past season, we do have some momentum with all the good hires. We lost a 4 star guy after the announcement, but gained interest by 2 more. I hope I'm not setting my expectations too high, but we do still have some talent, a good recruiting staff mostly complete, and a coach that knows what winning at a high level looks like. He also has Fulmer to lean on for advice. I don't see much down side at the present.

Obviously not confident we can beat anybody myself but Georgia will fall back drastically next year

Have you seen the recruiting numbers? UGA falling back drastically means they beat us by 20 instead of 40 next year. Btw, they are in the playoff with a true freshman QB.

Already idiots on here projecting 8-5 for the 2018 record.

I'm with the OP.

That would be 7-5 regular season and a bowl win wouldn’t it? Why is that so unrealistic? UF, UK, Vandy, SC were winnable this year with half decent coaching and a few less injuries,

Press conference winners

Lane Kiffin- so different than Phil, he's got swag!

Dooley-so different than Kiffin, he's a southern, talks like us! Hope UGA doesn't hire him away!!

Butch- so different than Dooley, he's polished! Very inspiring!

Pruitt- so different than Butch. He's southern and he's all business! No coach speak!!

I'm not anti-JP, it's just funny to see the same overly optimistic stuff every time. I'm hoping he's our best hire since Phil

Pruitt “gets it”

All in for CJP and what looks like a top shelf SEC staff,
I'm excited for Tennessee Footballs' future!
HOWEVER;
1. We have seen this roster on the field,
2. There is no 2nd team depth at a majority of positions particularly on Defense .
3. There is a lack of speed, particularly quickness, all over the field to opponents. Just watch the films.
4. Injuries, Injuries, and more injuries.. So many key players with major injuries. How well will they heal?
5. New Coaches, Totally New Systems! There will be a learning curve. Expect pretty basic simple early on.

Recruiting will help, but to depend on 17 and 18 year old true freshmen to stand toe to toe in the SEC is a stretch. Some do it but MOST cant. Its gonna take 2 or 3 years.

Look to KS at UGA for hope, but remember he inherited a 9 win team loaded with good/great soph and rs freshmen. Not a team that just finished the worst season in their history.. Big Difference

I’m looking at the mentality of Pruitt and those he is hiring and know two things. Tenn is gonna be a tough, physical and strong team going forward. Secondly, this staff will recruit top 10-15 every year

Have you seen the recruiting numbers? UGA falling back drastically means they beat us by 20 instead of 40 next year. Btw, they are in the playoff with a true freshman QB.

He may end up being good but he's not right now they will lose their entire oline and defense

I’m looking at the mentality of Pruitt and those he is hiring and know two things. Tenn is gonna be a tough, physical and strong team going forward. Secondly, this staff will recruit top 10-15 every year

I would hope they're better than that lol

uh.. pump the brakes indeed.

must beat Vandy in last game of the year to finish 6-6 and get to a bowl.

Yep, that's going to be 2018, IMHO.

Brakes Sufficiently Pumped!

He may end up being good but he's not right now they will lose their entire oline and defense

I think their recruiting has gotten to the Bama level, or better if you follow closely. And Fromm is the real deal. GA owns the East for a few years

VN Store

Back