ReSeeding the NCAA needs to happen

Yea I hate a game like Loyalo vs Nevada for a trip to the elite 8.

I also hate Kentucky vs K state.

Just doesn't reward Villinova for a Much better regular season when they play West Virginia.

As opposed to a Wichita State? I'm confused what you are saying? Are you saying that West Virginia should've been higher than a 5 seed?

I'd agree on you for that.. but if that's the case.. what team would be on that 5 line this year would give Villanova less of a opponent?

The reaction to our loss already shows us how much of a tourney sport this has become. The regular season is already devalued enough. We need to make it more important. ReSeeding does that. Loyalo Vs Nevada will easily be the least watched game next week. No one will give two ****s about that one

Pretty sure the whole state of Kentucky will be watching. haha!

As opposed to a Wichita State? I'm confused what you are saying? Are you saying that West Virginia should've been higher than a 5 seed?

I'd agree on you for that.. but if that's the case.. what team would be on that 5 line this year would give Villanova less of a opponent?

I am saying they deserve to play the worst team of the 16 left. West Virginia is 9th best while Loyalo is rhe 16th. They should play Loyalo Chicago

Here is the seeding 1-68 I used

Twitter

But reseeding devalues the wins of the lesser seeds.

Why would Loyola-Chicago have to play Villanova when they just beat a 6 seed and 3 seed?

And Nevada who just beat a 2 seed?

Or what about Syracuse who did the EXACT same thing that Loyola Chicago did..but difference? They actually played the play-in game.

Reactions: 2 people
But reseeding devalues the wins of the lesser seeds.

Why would Loyola-Chicago have to play Villanova when they just beat a 6 seed and 3 seed?

And Nevada who just beat a 2 seed?

Or what about Syracuse who did the EXACT same thing that Loyola Chicago did..but difference? They actually played the play-in game.

That answer is easy for me but I do respect the point.

I value the regular season Much more than a 3 day period of two wins. If add those two wins to those schools resumes they still would be vastly beneath the resumes of the 1 and 2 seeds left in the tourney.

Now if the committee wants to reevaluate the 16 seeds using the same criteria used to get to 68 then that is fine by me. You might see a Loyalo pass up a K State on the seed line if you did it that way

Last edited:
If you are gonna reseed then you would have to factor what seed they were and determine if they over or underachieved IMO.

So a team like Texas AM who BLEW OUT North carolina should get a higher seed. Same as Clemson.

I wouldn't be opposed to automatic bids going to the top 1/4th of the Big 6 conferences, the tourney champions, the top 2 of the mid-majors, and the regular season champs of the small conferences. Then have the worst play an extra round or two and double byes given to the top 2 from the Big 6. Give out a handful of at-large bids to round out the bracket... but most of those should go to the Big 6.

That answer is easy for me but I do respect the point.

I value the regular season Much more than a 3 day period of two wins. If add those two wins to those schools resumes they still would be vastly beneath the resumes of the 1 and 2 seeds left in the tourney.

Now if the committee wants to reevaluate the 16 seeds using the same criteria used to get to 68 then that is fine by me. You might see a Loyalo pass up a K State on the seed line if you did it that way

I think that's the best way just because it will give the committee a better chance to "get it right"

If you are gonna reseed then you would have to factor what seed they were and determine if they over or underachieved IMO.

So a team like Texas AM who BLEW OUT North carolina should get a higher seed. Same as Clemson.

I can see that for sure but from what I can tell K State is the only one that didn't win against a high seed. I don't see any movement from Clemson, Wv or Kentucky. So there would be little if any changes to the 16 seeds I used. Like I said in another post maybe k state gets passed by Syracuse, Loyalo and or FSU

Are you the person that came up with the Chase in NASCAR? Perhaps we should follow the football format and just let the selection committee select the " four best teams" and let everybody else play in the NIT and CIT. I've been following the NCAA basketball tournament for over 50 years and it's just fine the way it is. It ain't broke so don't try to fix it. Ask Bill France Jr. about the popularity of Nascar since the creation of the chase.

If the committee thought that Loyoya was an 11 seed from the get go, I coudn't see them slipping down as a 16. To me, that's awfully unfair.

Now if you want to change it up... you don't do a 1-16.. You 1-8 tourney and another 1-8.

Then it would make sense.

Nevada as a 7 played like a 8 at times. Loyola-Chi played as 5 .

I would place Nevada against Villanova.

If the committee thought that Loyoya was an 11 seed from the get go, I coudn't see them slipping down as a 16. To me, that's awfully unfair.

Now if you want to change it up... you don't do a 1-16.. You 1-8 tourney and another 1-8.

Then it would make sense.

Nevada as a 7 played like a 8 at times. Loyola-Chi played as 5 .

I would place Nevada against Villanova.

Huh?

Layolo was actually the 46th seed.

They are now 16th when only using the sweet 16 teams

Call it the Sweet 16 and Beyond Tournament or something.

Yes it's the sweet 16

For the braket lovers out there the person that wins the first weekend wins that contest and then we do it all over again once the sweet 16 gets here. Double the fun

I hate the tournament honestly . The whole thing is just garbage . 64 teams is a overkill ... u know how many times Tennessee would of made a football Tournament if 64 teams was in it . It completely throws away everything the regular season did . I personally want to see a 16 team best record . First to two wins advance type

Reactions: 1 person
I think that all of the lower seeds winning proves that the seeding is arbitrary bull**** and giving any more of an advantage to those higher seeds is wrong. Use the conference regular season results to establish the seeds. The experts, the formulas, the quadrants... it's all a bunch of garbage. Use the conference regular season results.

Also I'm wondering, would you want to reseed if EVERY higher seed beat the lower seed?

Meaning the bracket would look like this: ...what would you change then?

Virginia vs Arizona
Cincinatti vs Tennessee

Xavier vs Gonzaga
UNC vs Michigan

Villanova vs Wichita St
Purdue vs Texas Tech ( which we have)

Kansas vs Auburn
Duke vs MSU

Also: 0/4 in the South, 2/4 in the West, 3/4 in the East, and 2/4 in Midwest actually happened.

Also I'm wondering, would you want to reseed if EVERY higher seed beat the lower seed?

Meaning the bracket would look like this: ...what would you change then?

Virginia vs Arizona
Cincinatti vs Tennessee

Xavier vs Gonzaga
UNC vs Michigan

Villanova vs Wichita St
Purdue vs Texas Tech ( which we have)

Kansas vs Auburn
Duke vs MSU

Also: 0/4 in the South, 2/4 in the West, 3/4 in the East, and 2/4 in Midwest actually happened.

If the first weekend was all
Chalk there would be no reseeding to be done.

I hate the tournament honestly . The whole thing is just garbage . 64 teams is a overkill ... u know how many times Tennessee would of made a football Tournament if 64 teams was in it . It completely throws away everything the regular season did . I personally want to see a 16 team best record . First to two wins advance type

The problem is the conference media attention. We are part of the SEC but we never here about Gonzaga. They would be like Florida in our conference. Everybody thinks that the better the conference the better the teams. NOT at all.

Nevada would be like Ole Miss or Vanderbilt in our conference.. but we devalue the team based on their conference if that makes sense.

Strong no from me

I generally don't like change and I respect everyone saying they don't like but I want a better reason than if it ain't broke don't fix it.

I want someone to tell me why it's a bad idea. I think great things can be better and I think that about the NCAA tourney

VN Store

Back