Report: Dan Mullen has interest in the Tennessee job

Game was tied 24-24 with under a minute left in the 4th quarter. He was punching Alabama and all their 4 and 5star players in the mouth all night long, went toe to toe with them, with all his 2 and 3 star players. The guy can scheme up, coach up and develop his players.....which would be a great departure from what we’re used to the last 5 years.
I agree KB. UT could do a whole lot worse than Mullen. That run he had with Dak was unbelievable

I like Mullen and they about got Alabama... State still got dogged like the rest of us to Georgia though - 3 to 31.

Of course he does. Just like Saban had interest in the Texas job after Mack Brown. Saban landed a big raise based on that interest and stayed put.

You're a moron. Alabama could and would match any price Texas offers. Miss St. can't do the same, nor do they have any intangible reasons to stay in Starkville over any place else.

You didn't even try to look at the significant differences between the two situations.

You're a moron. Alabama could and would match any price Texas offers. Miss St. can't do the same, nor do they have any intangible reasons to stay in Starkville over any place else.

You didn't even try to look at the significant differences between the two situations.

Calling me a moron? lol. .Look man - it happened just like that. Saban stalled on signing a new contract - let the Texas flavor grudenites work everyone into a frenzy, and Sexton got him the raise. FACT. Sexton and Saban trolled Bama and used Texas for it. OF COURSE BAMA CAN AFFORD IT, but the stall netted him a whopping raise.

I'm not comparing MSU's pockets to Bama, but - a coaches stock goes up when people come calling. He has a case to up the ante at MSU, and probably will and probably stay there.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Mullen is garbage and Jeff Fisher sucks yet u want a coach with about the same record as Fisher and way less college coaching experience then Mullen ... Take the Orange Glasses off already

Due to the TV deals, if we offered $6.5MM, State could match in a heartbeat. However, we can offer the following things that State can't:

1. Better in-state recruiting/national recruiting profile
2. The SEC East
3. Not little brother in own state
4. Better facilities
5. Better looking co-eds :)
6. Lengthy tradition of winning
7. Bigger brand/more exposure
8. No frigging cowbells

Reactions: 2 people
Too bad the job has been taken...

Attachments

• C5D900B0-5085-4B16-AD6C-DCB9791E5583.jpeg
    C5D900B0-5085-4B16-AD6C-DCB9791E5583.jpeg
    150.6 KB · Views: 3
Doesn't he have a current player who has testified he received $14k to sign with Miss ST? This player is one key NCAA witness in case vs Ole Miss (was offered $13k to sign with Rebels) and was provided immunity by NCAA.

If true, I'm sure he's not the only one paid to sign with State. Mullen might think it's time to get outta town. NCAA will likely come after Mullen after ole miss deal is over UT football can't afford a "Donnie Tyndall".

VN Store

Back