Red Flags

Simple go totally old school, abandon the spread bring 3 extra tackles (Big Bruising TEs), then line them up in an I formation and just flat out over power the opposition. In other words play exactly like Bama and LSU. Forget Wide Receiver U claims instead become Running Back U and embrace it with an extreme passion.

Why not use both in the game at the right times? Bama and LSU do it. No rule against it is it? Jus' sayin', but we did win, so just trying to enjoy it because I didn't believe we would and hope this springboards into a good run and see where it goes.

GO VOLS!

I'm as happy with anyone that we won, but not sure why some have the attitude that we aren't allowed to talk about some areas of concern.

I agreed on the db's as they seem to be underperforming with the exception of Cam. Cam has been consistent all year but gave up his first TD yesterday, but that's going to happen so no biggie. The others just seem to get burnt frequently - especially Mosley.

I'll add another area that we need to improve on. We have got to make the INT when we have the opportunity. We had 3 good opportunities for an interception and didn't catch any of them. Mosley, Foreman and TK all had chances and didn't make the play. Not sure why that is occurring, maybe we need to have them catch a 100 balls from the machine every day between now and Bama :)

Need to go ahead and send the receivers out there with them just for safe measure! Lol

As nice as this was, if Davis doesn't drop the easy TD we might have a very different vibe around the program this morning.

That was one of the worst drops I've seen ina long time.

The secondary and Jancek have issues.

Worse than Ellis's against OU that would have given us a 24-0 lead? Worse than Malone's against UF last year that would have given us a 10-0 lead? Drops are part of the game. We've lost 2 big games on 2 dropped balls.

I am so happy for this program that they won the game last night. Great effort boys!

With that said, I still feel a few key plays at the end of the game MUST be corrected. On 3rd and 1 with 2:01 left, we have to be able to close out the game. That didn't happen and it likely cost us. The second concern are our defensive backs. They are drastically underperforming and THE DROP is the only reason this game wasn't a rerun of weeks past.

How does Butch Jones get this team over the hurdle so that we can close games out with our offense on the field?

Go Vols!

Nice Try! Can you not just take a deep breath, another drink and relax. Lot's of football to be played and these very YOUNG players will get better each week while struggling at the same time.

download_zps7ar9wsbr.jpeg

It amazes me how much some of you complain and criticize the staff and players. In reality, I bet most of you don't even cut your grass regularly

I'm thinking you've been living in a cave, I am not saying you are a NegaVol, but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck........it's probably a duck........just saying.

:sleep:

I'm living in a cave!? Are you serious? So are you saying we do not have any issues in our secondary? If you think I live in a cave then you must be straight up BLIND.

I am so happy for this program that they won the game last night. Great effort boys!

With that said, I still feel a few key plays at the end of the game MUST be corrected. On 3rd and 1 with 2:01 left, we have to be able to close out the game. That didn't happen and it likely cost us. The second concern are our defensive backs. They are drastically underperforming and THE DROP is the only reason this game wasn't a rerun of weeks past.

How does Butch Jones get this team over the hurdle so that we can close games out with our offense on the field?

Go Vols!

Agree...Georgia outchoked us. As I recall, we ran the ball three straight times and then punted in our last possession, giving them a chance to drive down the field AGAIN at the end. It was eerily similar to OK and FL games, the breaks just went our way last night. So, at least at a glance, the late game conservativism was still in affect.

Reactions: 1 person
As nice as this was, if Davis doesn't drop the easy TD we might have a very different vibe around the program this morning.

I agree. The football Gods were definitely smiling on us last night. LOL. I'll admit we had a few things go our way last night, but our boys had their back to the wall and instead of folding they hung in there and played their butts off to get that W! There's definitely a few things we need to work on. It was awesome to see how our kids stuck up for Butch this week and stayed the course for a well deserved W. It was really nice to see our kids and Butch play with all HEART last night and hang tough in the 2nd half for once. It was like a few of us were saying this week, a W in this game could give our players and coaches a spark to put a good finish on this season. GO VOLS!

I'm as happy with anyone that we won, but not sure why some have the attitude that we aren't allowed to talk about some areas of concern.

I agreed on the db's as they seem to be underperforming with the exception of Cam. Cam has been consistent all year but gave up his first TD yesterday, but that's going to happen so no biggie. The others just seem to get burnt frequently - especially Mosley.

I'll add another area that we need to improve on. We have got to make the INT when we have the opportunity. We had 3 good opportunities for an interception and didn't catch any of them. Mosley, Foreman and TK all had chances and didn't make the play. Not sure why that is occurring, maybe we need to have them catch a 100 balls from the machine every day between now and Bama :)

It's almost like people want to enjoy the first win over UGA in five years...

Last edited:

We won the ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffing game enjoy it.:run::fireworks::givemebeer::idhitit::baloon::td::toast:these fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffing wins are hard to come by give coach a break today:bammer::bammer::boobies::shaking2:

There is always going to be room for improvement, and I agree our secondary has to get better...but drops will always be part of the game.

Hell, we had 3 drops in the end zone. One of which could be argued that it should have been caught much more easily than the one Davis dropped.

I agree, but TKJ dropped an INT that would have sealed the game. Again... Back to those 2-3 crucial plays per game that Tennessee just can't seem to make. It is frustrating.
Are you just going to ignore the PBU that ended the game? Would have been a TD had Randolph not made a play

Worse than Ellis's against OU that would have given us a 24-0 lead? Worse than Malone's against UF last year that would have given us a 10-0 lead? Drops are part of the game. We've lost 2 big games on 2 dropped balls.

Ok,ok you guys are focusing on the wrong thing. Ok, It was a mediocre drop. Is that better?

Let me phrase it this way, Bama held the UGA QB to 80 yards. He's pretty terrible. We have work to do. The open week is coming at a great time and hopefully we can somehow improve the secondary

I agree, but TKJ dropped an INT that would have sealed the game. Again... Back to those 2-3 crucial plays per game that Tennessee just can't seem to make. It is frustrating.

Mitchell made a great play to break that up by turning from WR to DB.

Vols defense has work to do on all three levels, especially the secondary.

101st I think in sacks, too many missed tackles by LB, and the secondary can't cover anyone.

He dropped it only after the receiver knocked it out of his hands. If you have it recorded, go back and look. Jeeeeesh. Some of you.

TK was juggling the ball before the GA receiver knocked it out of his hands. He had an opportunity to catch it clean. You should probably go back and watch it, LOL. :)

You and some others on here really don't have a clue do you? If, if, if. If Arkansas don't give up a broken coverage TD and fumble to give another easy score, they probably beat Alabama last night. But these ifs happen to all teams. Great team effort. Are we perfect? No, but don't know of any teams that are. I believe we beat Alabama too.

Don't have a clue? No, bro. You don't have a clue if you think that game last was not, again, conservatively managed once we got the lead. Our defense was C+ at best last night. Need I go back to the last drive of the game where we had UGA on their 1 yd line? They drove the whole field... Bottom line is, the end of the game was not managed well once we took the lead. Our defense cannot be trusted when it comes to getting big stops on 4th down. Period. We just don't have the players yet, and our defensive coordinator is below average by SEC standards.

Derek Mason will probably be jobless at the end of the season and would make a fantastic replacement for Jancek. 👌

Our defense was C+ at best last night. Need I go back to the last drive of the game where we had UGA on their 1 yd line? They drove the whole field...
C+, are you kidding me? The defense gave up 17 points and made the stop when it counted. Yes, they drove the length of the field but we finally made a play when it counted. Glad you weren't my teacher in school :)

VN Store

Back