Recruits response

Recruits know who Jeremy Pruitt is. They'll know he's a Bama coach and be on board.

Then again...Dooley and Sunseri were Bama coaches...:hmm::p

Dooley was a Bama coach? Wow, I did not know that LOL!. Smart was also.

No idiot, Dooley was not an Alabama coach.

Reactions: 4 people
Who cares if Mays doesn't come back. Yall talk as if he is the second coming of Christ. If he does not want to play for Tenn then we do not want him .!!!!!!

It’s more than that. Yes he’s very talented and our o line needs help. But furthermore, letting a 5 star player get out of Knoxville AGAIN (TeeHiggins) and he’s a legacy who’s dad played for UT (Fulmer to be exact) would be a travesty. You can bet Fulmer is making frequent trips down the interstate to see the Mays family.

Recruits response will be just like ours, "Siri, google Jeremy Pruitt."

Unlike majority ⬆️ of our fans recruits actually follow college football and know who the coaches are instead of just *****in and moaning over a name “they” don’t know.

Pruitt would be a great hire for us recruiting wise and with the rite staff around him could end being a Grandslam..... I would about guarantee that we will be offering and recruiting the 5* players unlike the previous regime. Recruiting could be even more fun than ever before.

Reactions: 1 person

You are grossly underestimating the name brand that Jeremy Pruitt has amongst recruits.

He has 3 national championships to his credit, has twice been a finalist for the Broyles Award for nations top assistant, and has been the primary recruiter for 5* players Matthew Thomas, Derrick Henry, Jalen Ramsey, Eddie Williams, Mack Wilson, and TJ Yeldon, in addition to 4* players like Reggie Ragland, Demarcus Walker, CJ Mosley, Ryan Anderson, DJ Pettway, among others.

Suffice to say, Pruitt is very visible in the recruiting world and has twice won the award for nations top recruiter.

You can dislike the hire, but at least make a compelling argument.

Reactions: 7 people
Pruitt, having been at Alabama, will have a great understanding of the importance of recruiting and he is known as a great recruiter. He will hire a staff that will be great recruiters and Tennessee Football will move onward and upward.

Make your voices heard all you want before the guys is hired but once we have him hired, support the decision at least until he loses his first game!!

Reactions: 2 people
Roll Vols Roll.

Welcome to Bammer North. Without a similar level of success of course.

The only recruits that might need to do that are the recruits that are below Bama's level of recruiting. Almost all quality recruits will know who Pruitt is because Bama will be recruiting them.

It never ceases to amaze me how many of us adults posting in VN are so out of touch with what 17 and 18 year old youngsters are doing with their spare time. It's not intently keeping up with college recruiting and who is who in the coaching world like a bunch of fans do. Kids being recruited, somewhat but 18 year olds are more interested in the cheerleader captain and what it's going to take to tussle with her in the backseat of a car than who is Pruitt. Yea I know YOUR kid gets gold stars for attending Sunday School, never has taken a drink or toked dope, and is still a virgin guy leading his FCA chapter at his school, but if you hang out with 18 year olds playing football in hs, most don't know and don't care who Pruitt is unless he shows up at their house. Mom and Dad are fangirls and fanboys, kids could give a rats axx and will do a search about 10 minutes before he shows up at their house.

For the typical 18 year old maybe, or the 2nd and 3rd string senior who is fixing to end his career. But, I guarantee you, a D1 SEC prospect knows full well who these coaches and recruiters are. They have been putting their recruiting clips and videos out there for 6 years so the recruiters and coaches would know who they were. These D1 recruits have been marketing themselves. They know.

Honestly, I like Tucker's resume better. NFL. Minority candidate would push it over thr top for me.

Who cares if Mays doesn't come back. Yall talk as if he is the second coming of Christ. If he does not want to play for Tenn then we do not want him .!!!!!!

Mays will come back! And I for one care! I want the BEST possible chances for top recruits my friend. Butch could recruit! He just didn't have what it takes to Coach up players to the next level to compete in SEC play.

If the kids are really any good Pruitt's already been in their living room trying to make 'em Bammers. He probably can not only retain most of Butch's class but get some of the Tide guys to come to Knoxville, The guy can recruit with anybody. Can he prepare an entire team week in and week out and is he a great game day coach? YTBD

This is ridiculous. You aren't getting Top 5 classes with UGa at the top, Bama at the top, a very competitive Florida collegiate system across the state and Clemson competing for titles. What state are we plucking this top talent out of?

Butch jones did , so why not?

Most of the Defensive Line Recruits are sticking with Tennessee through all of this which means they committed to the school, not the coach. Sure we lose a few, but I'm just glad it wasn't a landslide due to the bizarre coaching search.

Most of the Defensive Line Recruits are sticking with Tennessee through all of this which means they committed to the school, not the coach. Sure we lose a few, but I'm just glad it wasn't a landslide due to the bizarre coaching search.

*All of the D line recruits from Tennessee are, hopefully Chatman and Gerald stick too. Who knows maybe Pruitt can get some production out of Kmac, Tuttle, Phillips, Kongbo, Taylor, Picou and A Johnson. I wish they’ve looked as good on the field as they do on paper. One more year to prove their salt.

Pruitt will keep our guys and bring in more STUDS to start building a Champion. Reading up on his recruiting skills he is very well liked by the players he is in contact with so I don't doubt that he can pull some to UT,

If it’s Pruit as HC , he may land #1 OLB recruit JJ Peterson and a few more

Serious question, not trying to be snarky.

If you don't know who Jeremy Pruitt is, why even follow any of this? That's like being "really into comics" but not knowing who Batman is.

More like being into comics and not knowing who Mr. Freeze is.

Pretty sure the majority of every recruit and highschool coach knows who Pruitt is in the south. One of the best recruiters in the SEC. Pruitt and his staff will be well known by recruits everywhere.

If Tee comes along to be the OC for him get ready for constant top 5 classes every year.

I believe his father coached HS football for 36 years, and is HOF in Bama or MS? Pruitt coached HS ball as well as has been on several staffs including one that nearly beat TN at South Alabama.

i may be confusing him with one of the other DC's.

VN Store

Back