Recruiting news

Status
Not open for further replies.
from Steve Jones, Louisville newsrag

Steve Jones ‏@SteveJones_CJ 2h
Indiana, Gonzaga, Stanford among many new teams interested in Camron Justice. Vols on top currently. WKU, UAB also have offered
from North Augusta, SC

Steve Jones ‏@SteveJones_CJ 16m
Top 6 for Cincinnati combo guard Zach McCormick, who plays for the KY Travelers: Marshall, Miami (OH), Ohio, Tennessee, Butler, WKU.

Last edited:
@govols247: New PG offer out for Vols. In-state kid: ($) ***New Vols hoops offer, Tuesday 7/16***

I like 247, but Wes Rucker the the sole reason I will not give my money to them and get a subscription.

This info has been out an hour, he comes out 45 minutes late with it and wants to charge to tell you what 20 others are telling you for free.

I like 247, but Wes Rucker the the sole reason I will not give my money to them and get a subscription.

This info has been out an hour, he comes out 45 minutes late with it and wants to charge to tell you what 20 others are telling you for free.

Rucker definitely rubs people the wrong way. He will never get a dime from me. Thinking about get a scout sub. They seem to cover hoops more than rivals or 247.

Rucker definitely rubs people the wrong way. He will never get a dime from me. Thinking about get a scout sub. They seem to cover hoops more than rivals or 247.

Yea they do a good job, and Tennessee's scout site usually has alot of basketball stuff. I feel like Volquest gets the best information, they probably have the best sources, but 247 and scout put more effort into it.

Jmo

We've offered Noah Dickerson PF 2015.
Nice skill set and college ready body.
Haven't seen him mentioned yet and doesn't come up on a board search.

Jeff Borzello ‏@jeffborzello 12m

2016 PG Jaylen Fisher is only a rising sophomore, but he's fearless. Offered by Baylor, Memphis and Tennessee yesterday.

In state kid starting to draw some attention.

"- 2014 Center Nick Harris (Atlanta, Ga./St.Pius X) has started to see more high major programs become involved lately. The 6-foot-10 center said that he has started to hear from Tennessee,Texas A&M, Mississippi and Mississippi State. Currently he has a top three of East Carolina, College of Charleston and Miami (OH) however says that if one of the high major schools does offer him that it will change how he views things."

"- 2014 Center Nick Harris (Atlanta, Ga./St.Pius X) has started to see more high major programs become involved lately. The 6-foot-10 center said that he has started to hear from Tennessee,Texas A&M, Mississippi and Mississippi State. Currently he has a top three of East Carolina, College of Charleston and Miami (OH) however says that if one of the high major schools does offer him that it will change how he views things."

What do you think of Nick Harris? He's a mid-major guy and I'd be surprised if he ever hit the top 150. He's a high-IQ guy but do you think he's good enough to take a spot at center?

What do you think of Nick Harris? He's a mid-major guy and I'd be surprised if he ever hit the top 150. He's a high-IQ guy but do you think he's good enough to take a spot at center?

The post you quoted is the first time I've seen his name. We'll see if Tennessee continues to monitor him, or if that was more of a one time deal. I think they're in deeper with Turman than many think.

The post you quoted is the first time I've seen his name. We'll see if Tennessee continues to monitor him, or if that was more of a one time deal. I think they're in deeper with Turman than many think.

There is an article named Vols in pursit of Georgia duo from Vq . Do you know if someone has posted it anywhere?? I was going to read it if they had.

There is an article named Vols in pursit of Georgia duo from Vq .
There is an article named Vols in pursit of Georgia duo from Vq . Do you know if someone has posted it anywhere?? I was going to read it if they had.

It's CJ Turman and Ahmed Hill. Here's the weird thing about Hill though...

“@ASlater247: 6'4" Ahmed Hill, #41 in 2014, said he whittled his list to Indiana, Marquette, Florida, FSU, Georgia, Missouri, Kansas, UNC & Georgia Tech.”

That was from just a couple days ago. So, I'm not sure if maybe this article by Lewis is old and he'd been sitting on it awhile, or if Hill is actually open? I've never had a feeling like we were really involved with Hill at all though, just never liked our chances much.

With Turman, Tennessee is involved, but he says he will likely wait until spring to make a decision. Could work to our advantage as it give the staff time to see what Hurt is gonna do.

He is considered big time so is there any interest on his part?

Was gonna say, this will go over better than the McCormick offer lol.

As for interest, don't know enough about him to really distinguish yet between just basically an obligatory offer, or an actual mutual interest offer.

There is an article named Vols in pursit of Georgia duo from Vq .

It's CJ Turman and Ahmed Hill. Here's the weird thing about Hill though...

“@ASlater247: 6'4" Ahmed Hill, #41 in 2014, said he whittled his list to Indiana, Marquette, Florida, FSU, Georgia, Missouri, Kansas, UNC & Georgia Tech.”

That was from just a couple days ago. So, I'm not sure if maybe this article by Lewis is old and he'd been sitting on it awhile, or if Hill is actually open? I've never had a feeling like we were really involved with Hill at all though, just never liked our chances much.

With Turman, Tennessee is involved, but he says he will likely wait until spring to make a decision. Could work to our advantage as it give the staff time to see what Hurt is gonna do.

That's definitely weird. Maybe vq is just slow on their info.i could be the slow one and just not saw it till now. Him not announcing till the spring could definitely help us out then. I appreciate the info!

I just saw this and didn't see it posted.

Verbal Commits ‏@VerbalCommits 54m
Tennessee has offered 2015 Showtime Ballers F Dwayne Bacon & G Corey Sanders. @BaconDwayne1000 @C_Sanders3

Entering the month, identifying at least a couple of guards to carry into the fall as serious targets was a priority. It would appear that the Vols have done that. The latest offer, as we mentioned on the board earlier, went out to point guard Larry Austin from Springfield, Ill. Austin is rated as the No. 96 overall player in the nation and plays his AAU ball for the St. Louis Eagles program, the same organization that Vols' assistant coach Kent Williams played with as a high school prospect before a very successful career at Southern Illinois.

Austin joins a group that also includes Tadric Jackson and Zach McCormick that picked up offers in the last month as the Vols looked to restock the board in the wake of Jaquan Lyle's Louisville commitment.

At this stage I'm not sure that the Vols have a real preference, or if they would simply take the first one to jump in the boat. All three bring something slightly different to the table. Austin is more a pure point, Jackson maybe has the most all-around game while McCormick is probably the best shooter of the three and a solid ball-handler for an off-guard. McCormick is probably also the guy that the Vols are in the strongest position with at the moment simply from having recruited him for so long before finally offering.

-VQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back