Recruiting news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know about Joniah White...6'10 190 center....playing AAU with the Jackson Tigers...avergaing 2 blks a game..not much scoring production...but we have shown interest...cant create a thread sorry

"Tennessee's under the radar 2014 class

By Nic Reiner | Jun 13, 2013 8:52 AM

Two days ago, Tennesee landed a commitment from 2014 four-star PF Philip Cofer (Atlanta, Ga./Whitewater). Cofer is the second four-star prospect in Cuonzo Martin's 2014 class, joining SG Jordan Cornish (New Orleans, La./Brother Martin), who committed to the Vols last month

Tennessee did not debut in ESPN's first iteration of the 2014 class rankings, which ranks the top 10 classes thus far. Still, based on a pair of four-star commits before the early signing period, we have to conclude the program is not far behind the top 10 and certainly one of the best in the SEC. Cofer and Cornish should enter the program at a fine time in Knoxville, as there are high expectations for next year. With the majority of production returning ( Jarnell Stokes, Jeronne Maymon, Jordan McRae) an experienced transfer ( Antonio Barton), and the No. 4 SG in the 2013 class ( Robert Hubbs) the Vols are seen as a surefire NCAA tournament team and fringe top-25 in the 2013-14 season.

The Vols are reportedly also in play for 2014 top prospects like No. 22 JaQuan Lyle (Evansville, Ind./Bosse) and No. 9 Kevon Looney (Milwaukee, Wis./Milwaukee Hamilton), among others. Off to a blistering start, Martin's team is by no means finished assembling what should end up as an excellent foundation for continued future success."

Nothing official except for Lyle, but looks like Tennessee will make the top 5 (or better) for at least Lyle, Looney, Lindsey, Demery, Hurt, Richmond and Black. If Zo can pull just one of Lyle, Looney, Lindsey and Black this 2014 class is going to be very impressive, and more than capable of fielding a tourney team in 14-15 season.

Last edited:
Nothing official except for Lyle, but looks like Tennessee will make the top 5 (or better) for at least Lyle, Looney, Lindsey, Demery, Hurt, Richmond and Black. If Zo can pull just one of Lyle, Looney, Lindsey and Black this 2014 class is going to be very impressive, and more than capable of fielding a tourney team in 14-15 season.

Maybe if one of looney or Lyle commit someone else might follow suit with the class we have started up. Wishful thinking on my part.

Give me Lyle Hurt and Looney and I'll be satisfied lol. Seriously any players we end up with that includes one of these guys with Hurt and Mitchell will make us top 10-15 range. That's a lot of talent adding any combination of the three there.

Give me Lyle Hurt and Looney and I'll be satisfied lol. Seriously any players we end up with that includes one of these guys with Hurt and Mitchell will make us top 10-15 range. That's a lot of talent adding any combination of the three there.

I originally said Lyle, Cornish, London, Cofer and Hurt.

I feel pretty good about Lyle, Cornish, Cofer Hurt...that 5th spot is pretty open. Lindsey, Mitchell, Demery, Looney, Black all seem to be in play and would be icing on the cake.

I won't say who, what, when, where, why or how...but, I've been told the class this staff is after and is telling the other recruits is:

Lyle
Cornish
Looney
Cofer
Hurt

TIFWIW

Top impact transfers for next two seasons - College Basketball - ESPN

I'd like to read what they said about Antonio Barton if someone doesn't mind

Barton was brought to Memphis as a virtual afterthought along with his highly touted brother, Will, and developed into a solid role player. However, with Joe Jackson and Chris Crawford back -- and the emergence of Geron Johnson -- Barton’s role wouldn’t have altered much after averaging 5.6 points in 16.7 minutes a season ago. With Trae Golden booted from the Vols, Barton will compete with unheralded freshman Darius Thompson for the starting point guard duties in Knoxville -- which may not be exactly the news that Tennessee fans want to hear.

Obligatory ESPN hates us...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back