Recruiting news

Status
Not open for further replies.
2015 Dyonta Bizzle-Brown

He transferred to hardin valley...there was a lot of hype about him, not much as far as recruiting ratings or anything yet...may be something to watch.

I've seen him play AAU and he will be playing in my district this year. It's gonna take a lot for him to play for UT

Something to possibly keep an eye on...2014 Elijah Staley decommited from Vandy because they won't allow him to play both sports apparently. He a top 100 basketball recruit, he's a PF out of Georgia...may be something to watch.

If he plays football he wouldn't even use a basketball scholarship.

Something to possibly keep an eye on...2014 Elijah Staley decommited from Vandy because they won't allow him to play both sports apparently. He a top 100 basketball recruit, he's a PF out of Georgia...may be something to watch.

If he plays football he wouldn't even use a basketball scholarship.

Have we offered him? And he's a 6'7 QB jesus lol

Butch could tell him he'd have to earn his spot. At this point why not? At 6'7 he could play another position on football ala randall cobb at KY and help us in basketball.

Don't know anything about him, saw he decommited and figured I'd mention it

Staley took an unofficial visit - as a basketball prospect - to a Tennessee football game during Pearl's last season. One of those kids who probably would be a very highly rated prospect if he would focus on one sport. Plays on a loaded Southern Stampede team in EYBL - averaging 5.3 ppg and 2.9 rebounds.

Justin Young - a Georgia/AAU recruiting guy out of ATL - calls him a top 3 PF in GA this year - so he's comparable to Phil Cofer.

With our concern for bigs I'd definitely take him and Cofer, especially considering he wouldn't cost us a basketball scholarship. I'm sure Zo would love to have him, it probably will come down to if butch wants him though.

With our concern for bigs I'd definitely take him and Cofer, especially considering he wouldn't cost us a basketball scholarship. I'm sure Zo would love to have him, it probably will come down to if butch wants him though.

It would certainly be whether he is a high level FB recruit. The FB program is not going to have a scholarship held against them unless the guy is a real player.

It would certainly be whether he is a high level FB recruit. The FB program is not going to have a scholarship held against them unless the guy is a real player.

Exactly, and I have no clue about his ranking as a football player, or if Tennessee has any interest in him.

I wonder what the deal is with Cofer meaning why he hasn't committed are we even offering. He is listed as cool as far as Tennessee is concerned. The guys that seem to be high on our list and us on theirs are: Jalen Lindsey, James Demery, and Riley Norris. Were still considered in the running for Lyle and Hill if we get either one of those wow!!! I really want Cofer wish he was already committed.

I wonder what the deal is with Cofer meaning why he hasn't committed are we even offering. He is listed as cool as far as Tennessee is concerned. The guys that seem to be high on our list and us on theirs are: Jalen Lindsey, James Demery, and Riley Norris. Were still considered in the running for Lyle and Hill if we get either one of those wow!!! I really want Cofer wish he was already committed.

Who has us as cool, 247, if so they're FOS. He's coming to camp in June along with Cornish, look for some good news around that time.

It is 247 and another guy who they say were in his top three is Shane Hall PF from Kentucky. I am like you think we'll get Cofer really thought he would commit by now.

Here would be a great class Cornish, Lindsey, Hall, Cofer, and a top point guard I'd take these guys and be very happy.

It is 247 and another guy who they say were in his top three is Shane Hall PF from Kentucky. I am like you think we'll get Cofer really thought he would commit by now.

Here would be a great class Cornish, Lindsey, Hall, Cofer, and a top point guard I'd take these guys and be very happy.

I'm sticking with Lyle, Cornish, London, Cofer and Hurt.

I think Hall has more upside than Hurt but Hurt is better if we are looking for immediate minutes which we probably are.

Neither hall or Cofer is really a 5, they're more of a 4. Likely losing stokes (our 5) we need someone with size to guard the 5, and I see that being hurt or haas...I'm hoping for hurt.

Last edited:
Hurt played at my highschool. One of the nicest guys I know off the court, but the guy is nasty on the court. One of the hardest workers I know. I'm not shocked to see him go big. Hope he chooses the orange.

That's a biiiiiig ole boy. Lipscomb's site had him at 295 lbs.

70% from the line is solid for a big. Heck its solid for any UT player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back