Recruiting news

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be even worse if true.

Uhm no it wouldn't thatd be ideal. We are no longer bound to him, gives us a scholarship for a guy we feel can play PG as a frosh...and allows us to evaluate landry some more.

I'm really not sure how Landry going to prep school could be construed as a bad thing.

Uhm no it wouldn't thatd be ideal. We are no longer bound to him, gives us a scholarship for a guy we feel can play PG as a frosh...and allows us to evaluate landry some more.

I'm really not sure how Landry going to prep school could be construed as a bad thing.

Because a PG is desperately needed in this class and we are behind in recruiting for those that remain available to sign this spring.

Because a PG is desperately needed in this class and we are behind in recruiting for those that remain available to sign this spring.

Not really. There's plenty available who this staff has a relationship with...if and thats a big IF...Landry is going prep and they want to add a PG, they will be able to.

Who said anything about grades? It has nothing to do with grades. It would have to do with them thinking he's not ready...he is a good student.

I've heard he's a good student, too. It would be a bit odd to go to prep school for your senior year, then decide to do it again. For one thing, that would have to be costing his parents a pretty penny. I'd be happy if that were the case, but it wouldn't be common.

Wonder if this would be the basketball version of a "grey-shirt." Sit out a year, go to prep school another year and we'll give you a scholarship next year.

I hope he is here next year. From what I've seen, he'd play for this team based soley on the fact he can handle the ball.

I hope he is here next year. From what I've seen, he'd play for this team based soley on the fact he can handle the ball.

His handle is no better than Lopez and Lopez plays very little. When you consider Lopez will have two years in the system to boot, not sure how many minutes there would be.

His handle is no better than Lopez and Lopez plays very little. When you consider Lopez will have two years in the system to boot, not sure how many minutes there would be.

I'm not going to rip either one of these guys but I think Landry is probably a better pg than Lopez.

"Tennessee took advantage of the midweek trip to Nashville to check in on CPA Tuesday night, home to two big time prospects in 2014's Jalen Lindsey and 2016 standout Braxton Blackwell. It's safe to call both players a big part of the Vols' future recruiting plans. It will also be interesting to see if Tennessee ends up pursuing another prospect off that same CPA squad, 2014 guard Jake Allsmiller.

Entering his junior year many observers had Allsmiller pegged as a very good mid-major prospect, but some are now wondering if he's ceiling isn't higher than that. He can really shoot the basketball and is probably going to get a closer look from Tennessee going forward as well as a lot of other high major programs.

As of now we're anticipating that they're could be a couple of unofficial visitors in this weekend at the Kentucky game. Shane Hall (6-8, 2000) a 2014 forward from Paintersville and 2015 guard Cameron Justice (6-2, 175) are both tentatively expected to be here and the visit list could grow a bit by Saturday."

-Rob Lewis

"Tennessee took advantage of the midweek trip to Nashville to check in on CPA Tuesday night, home to two big time prospects in 2014's Jalen Lindsey and 2016 standout Braxton Blackwell. It's safe to call both players a big part of the Vols' future recruiting plans. It will also be interesting to see if Tennessee ends up pursuing another prospect off that same CPA squad, 2014 guard Jake Allsmiller.

Entering his junior year many observers had Allsmiller pegged as a very good mid-major prospect, but some are now wondering if he's ceiling isn't higher than that. He can really shoot the basketball and is probably going to get a closer look from Tennessee going forward as well as a lot of other high major programs.

As of now we're anticipating that they're could be a couple of unofficial visitors in this weekend at the Kentucky game. Shane Hall (6-8, 2000) a 2014 forward from Paintersville and 2015 guard Cameron Justice (6-2, 175) are both tentatively expected to be here and the visit list could grow a bit by Saturday."

-Rob Lewis

Shane Hall had 15 and 10 the other night in a loss against our area high school (Ashland-Blazer). Had a couple nice dunks off of lobs. He is from Paintsville, KY (Johnson Central), not Paintersville as Rob Lewis noted.

Since Allsmiller's dad played at Vandy, I'd say he's a Dore if they want him.

-Rob Lewis

I'm not going to rip either one of these guys but I think Landry is probably a better pg than Lopez.

Lopez posted better stats in his year at an elite prep school than Landry has at his. Lopez averaged 7 ppg and 3 apg at Christ School in NC while playing with Marshall Plumlee and three other 4 stars.

Lopez posted better stats in his year at an elite prep school than Landry has at his. Lopez averaged 7 ppg and 3 apg at Christ School in NC while playing with Marshall Plumlee and three other 4 stars.

Ok. No offense to BL but I was hoping that TL was a much better prospect. If he's not, then I seriously question Martin's eye for talent. He took this kid's commit two years in advance. I guess I have higher hopes for him than some.

Ok. No offense to BL but I was hoping that TL was a much better prospect. If he's not, then I seriously question Martin's eye for talent. He took this kid's commit two years in advance. I guess I have higher hopes for him than some.

2 years ago it was a good take. Bama and Vandy had both offered him as well and he appeared to be a guy on the rise. Tennessee should've gone the "frowned upon" route and parted with him though when he continued to show NO improvement.

We are still in on this kid out of Illinois, Deshawn Munson. I hate we let Travis Jorgenson get away. Maybe not great, but looks like he can handle the ball and distribute. With the weapons we SHOULD have next year he would have been a good piece.

We are still in on this kid out of Illinois, Deshawn Munson. I hate we let Travis Jorgenson get away. Maybe not great, but looks like he can handle the ball and distribute. With the weapons we SHOULD have next year he would have been a good piece.

Munson is a 2014.

2 years ago it was a good take. Bama and Vandy had both offered him as well and he appeared to be a guy on the rise. Tennessee should've gone the "frowned upon" route and parted with him though when he continued to show NO improvement.

I'm with ya. I'm hoping that CCM has learned about this sort of thing in recruiting. You've eluded to it numerous times and his offer list for 2014 and beyond shows he's definitely aiming higher.

Munson is a freak athlete and loves to drive...he just has NO shot. If he had a 35% perimeter shot he'd be a 4* recruit top 100, but his shot is worse than JPs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back