Recruiting news

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we watch Darius Thompson, he commits to Vandy soon after.

We look at Travis Jorgenson, he commits to GT.

We send someone to watch Corn, he commits to the U.

So we watch Darius Thompson, he commits to Vandy soon after.

We look at Travis Jorgenson, he commits to GT.

We send someone to watch Corn, he commits to the U.

Notice we did this after we had already had Landry signed so of course we were behind on it. The only one out of the three that I believe we were going to take is Thompson. Corn said from what I've seen he wanted to go outside of the state and play both Basketball and Football. So I don't think we were ever a contender for him.

The only PG we aren't behind on is Owootoah and that's because he WAS 2014. You'd think we'd have gotten on him like white OV rice, but that hasn't happened.

I'm starting to wonder if we will even offer a PG for 2013 class.

According to 247 sports, we had a couple coaches watch Jalen Lindsey and Braxton Blackwell yesterday

According to 247 sports, we had a couple coaches watch Jalen Lindsey and Braxton Blackwell yesterday

evil-plotting-raccoon-meme-generator-good-good-3c890d.jpg

4-Star PG Anton Beard from Little Rock, AR who was previously commited to Missouri is now open. We pursued him before his commitment. Any news that CCM is back after him?

4-Star PG Anton Beard from Little Rock, AR who was previously commited to Missouri is now open. We pursued him before his commitment. Any news that CCM is back after him?

As much as I think UT needs to sign another PG, I wonder where the scholarship would come from. I was almost on the Chievous might transfer bandwagon until last night (Vandy game) when he played extended minutes off the bench. Right now the only place I see a free scholarship is if 1 of the 3 signees doesn't actually come to school (that seems unlikely) or if Stokes declares for the NBA, and personally I would rather keep Stokes over any PG left out there right now.

I know UT is looking, but I cannot see where a scholarship would come from if they wanted to land another guy.

As much as I think UT needs to sign another PG, I wonder where the scholarship would come from. I was almost on the Chievous might transfer bandwagon until last night (Vandy game) when he played extended minutes off the bench. Right now the only place I see a free scholarship is if 1 of the 3 signees doesn't actually come to school (that seems unlikely) or if Stokes declares for the NBA, and personally I would rather keep Stokes over any PG left out there right now.

I know UT is looking, but I cannot see where a scholarship would come from if they wanted to land another guy.

I feel the same. Really figured it was Q, but now getting that much PT who knows? Don't see Edwards being a senior wanting to transfer, but maybe he's forced to? I've heard rumblings about landry going to prep school but nothing I'd put too much stock into right now.

I feel the same. Really figured it was Q, but now getting that much PT who knows? Don't see Edwards being a senior wanting to transfer, but maybe he's forced to? I've heard rumblings about landry going to prep school but nothing I'd put too much stock into right now.

If they are looking at an upgrade at PG, Landry going to prep school would be the best of all worlds. It would give him a chance to get out from under the shadow of all the 4 and 5 star guys where he is now and maybe prove himself (I often wonder if his low numbers this season are a product of his skills or a product of his coach telling him to bring the ball up the floor and then get the heck out of Wiggens' way), plus another season for CCM and company to evaluate him.

He's 2014 so it'll probably be a bit before you hear much. Lyle seems to be the PG Martin wants in 2014 though.

Stokes should not go pro this year. 5-6 solid games in a season doesn't mean anything. I believe he will eventually but if he has any questions with an inconsistent season and going pro see Scotty Hopson.

Stokes should not go pro this year. 5-6 solid games in a season doesn't mean anything. I believe he will eventually but if he has any questions with an inconsistent season and going pro see Scotty Hopson.

You say he's had 5-6 solid games on the year, yet the guy has 10 double doubles on the year???? Interesting.

Reactions: 1 person

“@Future150: After parting with Mizzou, 2014 PG Anton Beard is considering: Tennessee, LSU, Miss. St., G-Tech, Michigan, Kansas, Arkansas, UMass, UConn.”

This is the most depressing thing I've heard this week. You're telling me we took this kid's commit two years in advance, and now he may have grade concerns?

Not completely uncommon.

Also Landry might be going for non grade reasons.

This is the most depressing thing I've heard this week. You're telling me we took this kid's commit two years in advance, and now he may have grade concerns?

Who said anything about grades? It has nothing to do with grades. It would have to do with them thinking he's not ready...he is a good student.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back