Recruiting news

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the hell does that matter?

I am comparing Tenn and auburn this year. I never said Pearl had immediate success at Auburn but he has it going now. I won't be surprised if he makes the NCAA this year.

We will re-address this at years end, I am of the mindset Auburn finishes with 16-18 wins which won't have them close...if they win 20+ games and make the NCAAT in Year 3 then that would change things a bit. However at this current point nobody is predicting that to realistically happen, so I'm not basing my statements off that highly unlikely prediction.

We will re-address this at years end, I am of the mindset Auburn finishes with 16-18 wins which won't have them close...if they win 20+ games and make the NCAAT in Year 3 then that would change things a bit. However at this current point nobody is predicting that to realistically happen, so I'm not basing my statements off that highly unlikely prediction.
I don't think they make it either but it won't surprise me. They are dang near a lock to make it next year. Much better chance than us both years which is my point.

I said they were even with us. You think Kent is going to boost us the same as their incoming class?

Lol

Mississippi State had the #9 class in the country this past year and the #22 class the year before that, what boost did they get? Auburn had the #10 class this year which followed the #15 class the previous year, what kind of boost did they get? Alabama had a top 50 class this past season, what kind of boost did they get?

I've already said it, IMO getting guys who fit and stay 4-5 years and develop will be just as good if not better than most guys ranked 75+ who transfer around to different schools, leave school early etc.

Plainly put, no, I don't think Alabama or Mississippi State is better than us next season.

I don't think they make it either but it won't surprise me. They are dang near a lock to make it next year. Much better chance than us both years which is my point.

We will see...Auburn adds 2 quality players, but these aren't guys that Kentucky is adding...meaning these aren't lottery pick 5*'s that typically you see come in and make a big difference. Let's see what kind of attrition Auburn has and how they finish this season, already had a few guys arrested this season.

Mississippi State had the #9 class in the country this past year and the #22 class the year before that, what boost did they get? Auburn had the #10 class this year which followed the #15 class the previous year, what kind of boost did they get? Alabama had a top 50 class this past season, what kind of boost did they get?

I've already said it, IMO getting guys who fit and stay 4-5 years and develop will be just as good if not better than most guys ranked 75+ who transfer around to different schools, leave school early etc.

Plainly put, no, I don't think Alabama or Mississippi State is better than us next season.

I predict we will be better than both of those teams in 2017.

The problem is we are getting better but not at the same pace as teams we should beat out for ncaa bids

Last edited:
He does recruit. He just hasn't convinced the best recruits to come to a dumpster fire.

Its HIS dumpster fire! R u obtuse or related! No top 150 recruits since hes been here. He doesn't recruit top players. He has a good base i agree but u have to have players period. Duke uk nc kansas louisville etc hsve the best players. Its not a coincidence. Only school in the conference w no top 150 recruits is in defensible

Its HIS dumpster fire! R u obtuse or related! No top 150 recruits since hes been here. He doesn't recruit top players. He has a good base i agree but u have to have players period. Duke uk nc kansas louisville etc hsve the best players. Its not a coincidence. Only school in the conference w no top 150 recruits is in defensible

HIS dumpster fire has everything to do with Pearl, Martin, and Tyndall.

Form your own opinion instead of blindly repeating Basilio.

I've not been on this forum long but I have to wonder just how badly some on here want CBJ and CRB to fail. How far will you go to diss and present UT in a bad light with your slanted opinions? How many are really Vol fans and how many are trolls? I guess these are rhetorical questions but I have to wonder do people really have nothing better to do?

Reactions: 1 person
Do I need to point out the irony and contradictions in this?

I've not been on this forum long but I have to wonder just how badly some on here want CBJ and CRB to fail. How far will you go to diss and present UT in a bad light with your slanted opinions? How many are really Vol fans and how many are trolls? I guess these are rhetorical questions but I have to wonder do people really have nothing better to do?

It's really bad in the Lady Vols forum. Holly isn't going anywhere with, I think, 3x EEs and 4x Sweet 16s PLUS a huge 2017 class signed. But even Dearstone is saying she's in grave danger of being fired if the LVs miss the WNCAAT this year.

Last edited:
The problem is we are getting better but not at the same pace as teams we should beat out for ncaa bids

Factor in losing Mostella, because that's a bigger loss than most think. We keep him and I say we are progressing at the same rate, but it honestly does set us back a little bit losing an upcoming senior that's finally blossoming.

Factor in losing Mostella, because that's a bigger loss than most think. We keep him and I say we are progressing at the same rate, but it honestly does set us back a little bit losing an upcoming senior that's finally blossoming.

I think we add Pons and Walker Jr. To Kent which would be huge. I think that leads to us being a NIT team this year to being an NCAA bubble team next year. Mostella screwing up did hurt a bit though.

I think we add Pons and Walker Jr. To Kent which would be huge. I think that leads to us being a NIT team this year to being an NCAA bubble team next year. Mostella screwing up did hurt a bit though.

Agreed on Mostella. Get Pons and that helps with that but as we have seen with Barnes it takes some time for athletic guys to figure out how he wants them to play.

Thing about Fulkerson is he and Willams both played positions that Barnes had no other choice but to play them. It's a lot easier to use the bench as a teaching tool with a perimeter player with the roster as is.

U say that but he coulda just jalen Johnson down there too, especially when Fulkerson got hurt. If u saying that.

I like pons but we need some more scoring from a shooter but pons is nice don't get wrong. Idk how he is as a shooter from 18ft and out. Could be like jp prince

HIS dumpster fire has everything to do with Pearl, Martin, and Tyndall.

Form your own opinion instead of blindly repeating Basilio.

Regardless of a facts source its still a fact. Pearl martin & tindell? Thats like blaming Bush Clinton & Bush (funny how Clinton is always surrounded by Bush) for something during the Obama administration. This is Barnes team & his level of success is squarely on his shoulders.
I dont need Basilio to tell me how to think. Not to mention his lack of recruiting has been a source of concern on every sports show in knox not just basilio. Its a fact that his recruiting has been subpar if you want to compete at a high level. Thats not a debatable issue, its fact. I hope you are right & over the course of several years we can develop these guys so that when we consistently have a roster of 4 & 5 year seniors playing a bunch of 1 & dones from UK we can kick their asses up & down the court. I just believe that talent & hard work trumps coaching & hard work every time. Carry-on

It's really bad in the Lady Vols forum. Holly isn't going anywhere with, I think, 3x EEs and 4x Sweet 16s PLUS a huge 2017 class signed. But even Dearstone is saying she's in grave danger of being fired if the LVs miss the WNCAAT this year.

Im struggling with the Holly issue myself. Been going to LV games since the early 80s. Shes a true VFL & I want her to succeed but its so hard to follow a legend. At any other program in the sec or most conferences if a team had the record she has put up they would give her a raise and extension but here its subpar. I hope the class coming in can push them to the next level. Everyones playing 2nd fiddle to geno right now anyway.

Regardless of a facts source its still a fact. Pearl martin & tindell? Thats like blaming Bush Clinton & Bush (funny how Clinton is always surrounded by Bush) for something during the Obama administration. This is Barnes team & his level of success is squarely on his shoulders.
I dont need Basilio to tell me how to think. Not to mention his lack of recruiting has been a source of concern on every sports show in knox not just basilio. Its a fact that his recruiting has been subpar if you want to compete at a high level. Thats not a debatable issue, its fact. I hope you are right & over the course of several years we can develop these guys so that when we consistently have a roster of 4 & 5 year seniors playing a bunch of 1 & dones from UK we can kick their asses up & down the court. I just believe that talent & hard work trumps coaching & hard work every time. Carry-on

I'll debate that the recruiting is subpar. That's your's and Basilio's opinion... hardly a "fact".

There's not that much difference between #50 and #150 and evaluating the recruits for success is a different set of criteria than how high they ranked based on their high school careers in media publications. The rankings that everybody is so upset about are mainly based on stats in high school. Doubt if personality and attitude and work ethic and background checks factor into the magazine rankings, but those certainly come into play with the coach's evaluations.

Three coaches in three years = Dumpster Fire. I've never noticed anybody blaming Bill Clinton for O'Bama's ineptitude. I can't think of a more bizarre analogy than that one.

I'll debate that the recruiting is subpar. That's your's and Basilio's opinion... hardly a "fact".

There's not that much difference between #50 and #150 and evaluating the recruits for success is a different set of criteria than how high they ranked based on their high school careers in media publications. The rankings that everybody is so upset about are mainly based on stats in high school. Doubt if personality and attitude and work ethic and background checks factor into the magazine rankings, but those certainly come into play with the coach's evaluations.

Three coaches in three years = Dumpster Fire. I've never noticed anybody blaming Bill Clinton for O'Bama's ineptitude. I can't think of a more bizarre analogy than that one.

Clinton referral has to do with you going all the way back to pearl. I agree that rankings are subjective & eveyones opinions can vary on a players ability at the next level. However, every recruiting service isnt wrong on every player. The fact is, take the top 20 teams in America & compare their rankings to ours. Players win games not coaches. Barnes can go toe to toe w any coach in the country on game management and strategy. He schooled the Vandy coach last week. Again uk nc mich st duke etc all have the top players for a reason. As far as ur basilio comment again. I listen to him and every one else. Hyamms, josh & will, swain, travis etc have all questioned his recruiting. Its a fact that his recruiting thus far has been subpar compared to the entire league, thats eveyone in the medias opinion not just mine or basilios. I hope & root for us to win every game, I just believe that you have to get some higher level talent to go with your core group to consistently win at a high level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back