Recruiting news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clinton referral has to do with you going all the way back to pearl. I agree that rankings are subjective & eveyones opinions can vary on a players ability at the next level. However, every recruiting service isnt wrong on every player. The fact is, take the top 20 teams in America & compare their rankings to ours. Players win games not coaches. Barnes can go toe to toe w any coach in the country on game management and strategy. He schooled the Vandy coach last week. Again uk nc mich st duke etc all have the top players for a reason. As far as ur basilio comment again. I listen to him and every one else. Hyamms, josh & will, swain, travis etc have all questioned his recruiting. Its a fact that his recruiting thus far has been subpar compared to the entire league, thats eveyone in the medias opinion not just mine or basilios. I hope & root for us to win every game, I just believe that you have to get some higher level talent to go with your core group to consistently win at a high level.
it's a 4 year plan.

You sly dog, did you miss Auburn getting whacked by 20+ tonight while the Vols beat a top 5 team?

South Carolina is damn good. As physical as that defense is they might make serious noise come ncaa tourney time. I soooo wish the Vols didn't play them again. I would hope you agree?

South Carolina is damn good. As physical as that defense is they might make serious noise come ncaa tourney time. I soooo wish the Vols didn't play them again. I would hope you agree?

When people were b!tching about that loss and how bad we looked I tried to say the same things, but people wanted to just say it was a horrible game from Barnes and no Mostella. With Thornwell & Frazier SC hasn't lost a game this year iirc, they're a damn good team who's flying a bit under the radar.

When people were b!tching about that loss and how bad we looked I tried to say the same things, but people wanted to just say it was a horrible game from Barnes and no Mostella. With Thornwell & Frazier SC hasn't lost a game this year iirc, they're a damn good team who's flying a bit under the radar.

I didn't realize how good they are on defense until after that game really. They are legit no doubt. Maybe there will be a snow storm and that game gets canceled lol.

Regardless of a facts source its still a fact. Pearl martin & tindell? Thats like blaming Bush Clinton & Bush (funny how Clinton is always surrounded by Bush) for something during the Obama administration. This is Barnes team & his level of success is squarely on his shoulders.
I dont need Basilio to tell me how to think. Not to mention his lack of recruiting has been a source of concern on every sports show in knox not just basilio. Its a fact that his recruiting has been subpar if you want to compete at a high level. Thats not a debatable issue, its fact. I hope you are right & over the course of several years we can develop these guys so that when we consistently have a roster of 4 & 5 year seniors playing a bunch of 1 & dones from UK we can kick their asses up & down the court. I just believe that talent & hard work trumps coaching & hard work every time. Carry-on

Man I guess we can beat U.K. With Rick Barnes recruiting. Whatta ya know?

Tennessee assistant coach Rob Lanier watched 2019 elite power forward James Wiseman practice on Wednesday.

Wiseman, out of Nashville (Tenn.) Ensworth High School, is a lefty 6-10 power forward with a game that resembles Chris Bosh.

Ranked No. 8 in the 247Sports Composite, Wiseman holds an offer from Tennessee and a number of other schools.
-Jerry Meyer

Reactions: 4 people
Curious if you still feel this way Bruin?

Right now no but I Could easily see auburn being ahead of us next year if Pearl would get back to playing full court and pressing all the time. His team will be more talented than ours he just needs to Scrap the idea of ever trying to coach a half court concept. He's awful at that.

Right now no but I Could easily see auburn being ahead of us next year if Pearl would get back to playing full court and pressing all the time. His team will be more talented than ours he just needs to Scrap the idea of ever trying to coach a half court concept. He's awful at that.

Auburn fans getting tired of his excuses, Year 3 and he's still using the "we are young" excuse, last nights pressed pissed some people off on the plains.

Auburn fans getting tired of his excuses, Year 3 and he's still using the "we are young" excuse, last nights pressed pissed some people off on the plains.[/QUOTE

That excuse might fly in football ( Butch sure as hell used it), but not basketball. Isn't UT younger than Auburn?

Auburn fans getting tired of his excuses, Year 3 and he's still using the "we are young" excuse, last nights pressed pissed some people off on the plains.

Yea last night was awful for him. I really think he should go full Court balls to wall every second of every game.

This guy is really underrated and is probably about to blow up. He is really crafty and a natural scorer.
Who was our last crafty/natural scorer at Tennessee? Lofton? I'm trying to think of someone who didn't rely on freakish athleticism (like Jordan McRae).

Who was our last crafty/natural scorer at Tennessee? Lofton? I'm trying to think of someone who didn't rely on freakish athleticism (like Jordan McRae).

Richardson? He was very athletic, but didn't rely on it to get his shot necessarily. JaJuan Smith comes to mind as well. I assume you are talking mostly from the guard position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back