Recruiting in GA (split from recruit threads)

Honestly Sabs, UT had what a shot at one or two more national titles after 98 went several SEC games two of which we should have won. Then our recruiting started going down hill a bad class one year, a top five the next. Yet none of that in the later half of Fulmers years really did much on the field. UGA is the same way 2 sec championships, and have had several good teams that underachieved by alot. The year they smoked Hawaii in the Sugar Bowl and where presason picked number 1 and the sexy pick to win it all but ended up 10-3. No 10-3 isn't a bad record but as fans of UGA it's got to sting knowing Richt has yet to get to the Natl'n Championship game and in reality should have won at leastone title by now

You make me want to throw up, so we are all even now, k?

Tell all your little buddies that are obsessed with turning every recruiting thread into a bash Mark Richt session to stop that, and we don't have this issue. It isn't the UGA fans fault, but don't think we are not going to correct you guys when you are just spouting nonsense.

Besides, I tried, my last sentence of my post was completely on topic. The rest of my post really didn't require any response.

What I responded to was a post between you and another UGA fan...on a UT message board...end of story...

If you're confused about why you and your opinions are treated in such a manner then tkae another look at the name of this message board

You make me want to throw up, so we are all even now, k?

Tell all your little buddies that are obsessed with turning every recruiting thread into a bash Mark Richt session to stop that, and we don't have this issue. It isn't the UGA fans fault, but don't think we are not going to correct you guys when you are just spouting nonsense.

Besides, I tried, my last sentence of my post was completely on topic. The rest of my post really didn't require any response.

Get out of here with that bs...
Posted via VolNation Mobile

For the record, I think UT fired Fulmer a year early too. Outta curiosity though and maybe there is already a thread about this somewhere, but what was Fulmer's SEC record? If there is already a thread, just post the link to it, plz. :hi:
Fulmers SEC record for his first 10 years(not counting the 2 SEC games he coached in '92) was 64-17 and overall 99-25. He ended up with a record of 152-52 and an SEC record of 96-37. While Richt as you probably already know has a 96-34 overall and 55-28 SEC in 10 years.

SGM I dont agree w/ you on 99.9% of things on tihs board but I do agree w/ you on this.

I'm still amazed that a large portion of the fanbase needed 3 more years after that debacle before they finally figured out Fulmer was done.

He was never again going to have as much talent as that team had.

Honestly Sabs, UT had what a shot at one or two more national titles after 98 went several SEC games two of which we should have won. Then our recruiting started going down hill a bad class one year, a top five the next. Yet none of that in the later half of Fulmers years really did much on the field. UGA is the same way 2 sec championships, and have had several good teams that underachieved by alot. The year they smoked Hawaii in the Sugar Bowl and where presason picked number 1 and the sexy pick to win it all but ended up 10-3. No 10-3 isn't a bad record but as fans of UGA it's got to sting knowing Richt has yet to get to the Natl'n Championship game and in reality should have won at leastone title by now

Tennessee should have played in the NC game in '99, '01, '05. Fulmer always hung his hat on getting to the SECG but the thing is he hadnt won the SECG since '98.

I'm still amazed that a large portion of the fanbase needed 3 more years after that debacle before they finally figured out Fulmer was done.

He was never again going to have as much talent as that team had.

'01 was a pretty bad coaching job in the 2nd half of the SECG & the last minute of that Georgia game. That team shouldnt have lost a game that year.

Tennessee should have played in the NC game in '99, '01, '05. Fulmer always hung his hat on getting to the SECG but the thing is he hadnt won the SECG since '98.

Not to mention the fact that the talent in '96 and '97 was absurd. I am another who believes that Fulmer should have been gone in '05.

I wonder if we would be currently sitting at the end of a Spurrier era if he had.

I wonder if we would be currently sitting at the end of a Spurrier era if he had.

Considering Spurrier had already been hired at South Carolina, I think not.

However, I'm 100% sure we could have landed Butch Davis. UT tried to do that after Fulmer was fired, but it was too late because he was happy at UNC.

However, I'm 100% sure we could have landed Butch Davis. UT tried to do that after Fulmer was fired, but it was too late because he was happy at UNC.

For some reason I thought Spurrier went to USCjr that year. I guess I just got it mixed up with the rumors of him, at one time, being interested in us.

Well there's at least that to be happy about. BD is no better than LK.

Butch Davis built the most talented team in college football history at Miami. Yeah, he really sucks.

A great recruiter who cannot win with the talent he nets is worthless. I'd rather have a guy who recruits less highly-touted players and wins with them.

However, I'm 100% sure we could have landed Butch Davis.

Not much of a stretch there. UT was a significantly more attractive job at the time. The only reason Butch has been happy at UNC is due to the fact that the ACC has been garbage. We'll see how long he stays happy with Jimbo recruiting the way that he has lately.

A great recruiter who cannot win with the talent he nets is worthless. I'd rather have a guy who recruits less highly-touted players and wins with them.

If Butch Davis is worthless, what does that make Dooley given that Davis beat him with most of his star players out?

'01 was a pretty bad coaching job in the 2nd half of the SECG & the last minute of that Georgia game. That team shouldnt have lost a game that year.

Jmoore. Earlier today, I posted something very similar.

2001 Fulmer lost his team.

That was the most talented team in his tenure (yes more talent than the 98 team).

2005 Fulmer failed so massively Hamilton discussed options. His firing was not an option at the BOT level.

It's not like Dooley has posted 3 losing seasons in 4 years as a head coach. Oh, wait.

And Davis' second NCAA investigation in less than a year is just getting cranked up.

Whether you choose to believe it or not, Dooley is building this program back up the right way.

VN Store

Back