Recruiting Forum: UNofficial Alabama Pre-Game Thread

Well, I'm not going to put too much time into this, this week. I'm kind of taking the week off, but anyways, if Tennessee were to pull out a victory, these things would have to happen.

1. Better QB play: Worley has regressed as the season has gone on. The OL does not give him a chance anyways. Peterman will not win the game. If Dobbs goes in, there is a fun new wrinkle, but the OL makes this grim anyways.

2. Turnovers: Create, score. Eliminate own.

3. Keep it low: Defense needs to keep the score low into the 4th to give the offense a shot to win.

4. Establish the run: You cannot afford to be one dimensional, especially when that one dimension is already pretty bad. Tennessee needs to rush for over 100.

Impossible to predict the score without knowing who will start, but it won't be pretty either way. Still a huge recruiting weekend. Show up, make noise, and give them an atmosphere.

Bama 23
TN 3

I agree Nick... Defense hangs in the beginning like last week. Oline gets whipped. OC calls the same plays that are still not working. It's ugly right now, but once an Oline is established in a few years it'll just be painful to watch this offense. Bama scores more off of turnovers than driving the field like last week. Defense is fierce. They play lights out. Great future for our defense. But Bama puts the hammer down. Calling 35-3 Bama. Hope the crowd stays, be worth it for the recruits...

Well, I'm not going to put too much time into this, this week. I'm kind of taking the week off, but anyways, if Tennessee were to pull out a victory, these things would have to happen.

1. Better QB play: Worley has regressed as the season has gone on. The OL does not give him a chance anyways. Peterman will not win the game. If Dobbs goes in, there is a fun new wrinkle, but the OL makes this grim anyways.

2. Turnovers: Create, score. Eliminate own.

3. Keep it low: Defense needs to keep the score low into the 4th to give the offense a shot to win.

4. Establish the run: You cannot afford to be one dimensional, especially when that one dimension is already pretty bad. Tennessee needs to rush for over 100.

Impossible to predict the score without knowing who will start, but it won't be pretty either way. Still a huge recruiting weekend. Show up, make noise, and give them an atmosphere.

Bama 23
TN 3

I agree with all this Nick but I'd throw in Special Teams. We can't let them get easy scores off ST and we need to win the field position battle. Make them have to sustain long drives to score. On the flip side, we need to excel at ST. A return on a punt or KO would be huge. We have to score at every opportunity so FG will be crucial.

I expect a similar game to last week honestly. I'm not picking this week as I never pick against my team so I'm gona sit this one out. What will make this game interesting to me is Dobbs getting the start and looking good. Start building some chemistry with Hurd and the receivers. If Peterman starts I have a bad feeling it will be awful.

I expect a similar game to last week honestly. I'm not picking this week as I never pick against my team so I'm gona sit this one out. What will make this game interesting to me is Dobbs getting the start and looking good. Start building some chemistry with Hurd and the receivers. If Peterman starts I have a bad feeling it will be awful.

I can't pick against them either. I'm going to the game and that's pointless if I am certain we'll lose. So even though I highly doubt we'll have a victory, I got myself a victory cigar and I'm going to Neyland for the circus. I just hope the victory cigar doesn't become me blowing smoke rings in the dark.

I can't pick against them either. I'm going to the game and that's pointless if I am certain we'll lose. So even though I highly doubt we'll have a victory, I got myself a victory cigar and I'm going to Neyland for the circus. I just hope the victory cigar doesn't become me blowing smoke rings in the dark.

You could always use it to start a mattress fire if worst comes to worst. Just sayin...

UT can pull the upset. I think it happens.

Me too. Bama is going to get hit in the mouth all night at Neyalnd. The crowd will be hostile and the leadership from AJ will carry this team. This is his last shot at beating our greatest rival, at home, at night, playing along side a bunch of young talented players who don't like to lose. This is our game

Reactions: 2 people
Yesterday some ESPN idiot (can't remember his name - not Danny Kanell) said that the score for Bama-Tennessee game would be similar to A&M-Bama score (59-0) & laughed as he said it. That really pissed me off. He's wrong because:

1) Bama doesn't play as well on the road (see Ark. game).

2) Our D is MUCH better than A&M's D, & hopefully Sutton will shut down Cooper. Barnett, AJ & co. will get some sacks on their QB.

3) If our QB (whoever he is) can avoid turnovers, I think this will be a close game. Some TO's of our own & we can win this thang!

:rock:

Wasn't gona pick. But wth! 31-17 Bama. Peterman starts and falls behind before Dobbs gets the ball in the second half and leads the Vols on two TD drives. Dobbs is named the starter the rest of the way and hope is reborn for the final stretch of the season. Almost forgot, once upon a time in a land far far away.............

VN Store

Back