Recruiting Forum: UNofficial Alabama Pre-Game Thread

Lol yeah how dare I say a cuss word (much less one like ass) when my team is getting blown out 27-0..how will I ever be forgiven?

And actually I was in Nashville all night with my girlfriend at the preds game..so no, I didn't "quit watching because I am a pansy"

I was trying to keep up with it through my phone but by the time it was 27-0 I stopped.

Anything else you'd like to know about my night?

Great post.

27-0 at home on national TV. Most people stopped watching at that point. Heckuva game plan.

Random, but last night was the first time I'd had trouble with Bama fans in the 12 TN/Bama games I've been to (10 at UT, 2 in Tuscaloosa).

Had several get mouthy on the way out of the stadium. One decided it was cool to blow his cheap azz cigar smoke in my wife's face while yelling "HEY VOLS"...which resulted in the Dutch Masters(!) being knocked out of his mouth before UTPD stepped in to walk him to a corner for 'counseling' and to tell me to walk to my vehicle.

I almost feel bad for their alums and longtime fans. There's a certain respect with most of them (and most talked about how they're not liking they way UT is progressing). The sidewalk trash that has jumped on Bama is pretty awful.

It's not just the fans. The team was giving the band all kinds of trouble during the opening. The were acting like total dicks getting in the way of the band in the NE corner while they were trying to open up the T. I could see them acting like trashy a**holes. I can't wait till they suck again. All of this is cyclical. It wasn't that long ago they were firing coaches before they had a chance to coach a game.

Great post.

27-0 at home on national TV. Most people stopped watching at that point. Heckuva game plan.

I don't have a clue what that dudes thinking trying to call me out like that. I didn't even get to watch any of the game.

I mean who was happy last night at the point it was 27-0? I guess he was..idk?

At this point maybe the culture hasn't changed as much as Butch thought...or we have regressed - right now this looks like Dooley era quitting. Hate to say it but they didn't "give their all for Tennessee" to try and stop Simms

Lol really you're gonna try to call me out for saying the process sucks, & accuse me of turning off the game because I'm a pansy, even though I was never around a tv last night & couldn't watch the game, and in the meantime you're making posts like this?

You're a joke.

Last edited:
Lol really you're gonna try to call me out for saying the process sucks, & accuse me of turning off the game because I'm a pansy, even though I was never around a tv last night & couldn't watch the game, and in the meantime you're making posts like this?

You're a joke.

I don't always agree with you but this is different. That was a little ridiculous of him and unfair.

I don't always agree with you but this is different. That was a little ridiculous of him and unfair.

Hey why don't you always agree with me :)

I'll be the first to admit I've been more negative this year than I've EVER been about Tennessee football. Probably unwarranted but I just get too frustrated sometimes.

I remember the Dooley years I was one of the more positive posters on this site..took up for him until the bitter end Lol. Definitely learned my lesson from that.

I'll be the first to admit I've been more negative this year than I've EVER been about Tennessee football. Probably unwarranted but I just get too frustrated sometimes.

I remember the Dooley years I was one of the more positive posters on this site..took up for him until the bitter end Lol. Definitely learned my lesson from that.

Yeah, I tolerated Dooley longer than a lot of people did. Finally called it quits during the Akron game. I just simply said, "I'm done, we need someone else"

That said, I think Butch will get it done here. Progress has been made, the defense plus Dobbs' performance last night is proof.

Everyone is frustrated, but you learn quickly who can handle adversity and who can't. The schtick by some around here gets really old, and I am not referring to you. It just gets old to read, and maybe that is a sign to take a break. Never been a negative, give-up type of person, and I am not starting now. We will be back.

Reactions: 3 people
With as much crap as we've been put through everyone sometimes needs an outlet. Everyone needs to vent. You can be pragmatic all you want but that stuff simmers below the surface and 10 years of rebuilding fatigue is hard to keep down.

Emotion is what this whole thing is about after all.

You're a joke.

Here's the deal...
I went too far calling you out without knowing the situation. However, I have seen you post all season and what I have witnessed is you are consistently one of the more emotional, critical, at times negative "during game" posters on this site. It just gets frustrating seeing folks lash out, call for firings, point fingers, etc. I get it that VN is a place where you can vent. Well, I was venting too...fair or not your in game posts tend to get under my skin. In regard to my "Dooley era post" I guess tone is impossible to convey but it wasn't a statement of anger or frustration. It was a comment about how at that point in the game it sure looked like Butch had further to go than he realized as it pertained to culture. At that point it did look like the team had quit. I was wrong...fortunately.

I apologize for assuming you turned off the game. Doesn't change the fact that your routine over reaction gets tiresome...and I understand I can "ignore" you but that's a "pansey" move as far as I'm concerned.

Here's the deal...
I went too far calling you out without knowing the situation. However, I have seen you post all season and what I have witnessed is you are consistently one of the more emotional, critical, at times negative "during game" posters on this site. It just gets frustrating seeing folks lash out, call for firings, point fingers, etc. I get it that VN is a place where you can vent. Well, I was venting too...fair or not your in game posts tend to get under my skin. In regard to my "Dooley era post" I guess tone is impossible to convey but it wasn't a statement of anger or frustration. It was a comment about how at that point in the game it sure looked like Butch had further to go than he realized as it pertained to culture. At that point it did look like the team had quit. I was wrong...fortunately.

I apologize for assuming you turned off the game. Doesn't change the fact that your routine over reaction gets tiresome...and I understand I can "ignore" you but that's a "pansey" move as far as I'm concerned.

I'll definitely agree with you that I've been more negative especially during the games this year. Pretty much 99 percent of my negativity has been based around Bajakian & the offense. I told myself I was gonna back away during games & not post based on emotions of the game.

In general I'm an extremely positive person in real life if you actually knew me..I've just been super frustrated about UT football because I've never remembered a good football team as long as I've been around.

It's funny because the past few years I was one of the people everybody said "drank too much doolaid" & was dumb for backing him for so long.

Anyways my fault for taking it to heart & getting upset. I shouldn't have. My apologies. No reason for hard feelings..at the end of the day we're all fans of the same team & want what's best for the program..except maybe tux.

I hear you man. I understand were you are coming from. It can definitely get frustrating being a Vol fan right now. We are good as far as I'm concerned. I don't have enemies in real life and it would be lame to have one on VN...hahaha. Thanks for the grace...no pun intended.

I wonder how many people have me on ignore... hmm, probably 1/4 of the people on volnation.

I hear you man. I understand were you are coming from. It can definitely get frustrating being a Vol fan right now. We are good as far as I'm concerned. I don't have enemies in real life and it would be lame to have one on VN...hahaha. Thanks for the grace...no pun intended.

Lol yeah no joke I'm the same way. I've never used the ignore feature on here.

Good deal, moving on.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back