Recruiting Forum Talk XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cannabis is a plant and thus should not be illegal. The very notion goes against nature and The Creator. It will soon be accepted and legal in all states in the US. Funny how something can be illegal, deemed immoral, and a moment later be legal, accepted. Consumption of any plant is obviously not immoral. As always, it's best not to misuse or abuse any substance.

Go Vols, Praise Jah!

:)

Reactions: 8 people
Cannabis is a plant and thus should not be illegal. The very notion goes against nature and The Creator. It will soon be accepted and legal in all states in the US. Funny how something can be illegal, deemed immoral, and a moment later be legal, accepted. Consumption of any plant is obviously not immoral. As always, it's best not to misuse or abuse any substance.

Go Vols, Praise Jah!

Lets be friends :)

Reactions: 1 person

Go Vols, Praise Jah!

I'll have what he's having.

tenor.gif

Reactions: 3 people

Go Vols, Praise Jah!

So that goes for opium poppy product, psilocybin, DMT, Khat and Coca leaves too I guess?

Reactions: 4 people
IF this is an excessive departure from the normal discipline policy like you and LA are suggesting then it makes zero sense under the circumstances for Butch to do that. I think it's clear this came from Currie IF it is outside the normal policy.

Which is what I suggested would happen yesterday if Butch wasn't planning on suspending as LA said.

VFGL, I agree with what you're saying. One of my biggest pet peeves is that in today's world we always try to find someone else to blame. It sickens me at times. JK and WI gotta be smarter than to be riding around with a pipe, pot and a busted headlight. Ultimately, it falls on them.

That said, I view Tennessee football through a different lens. I'm selfish like that. Just want to win. Sick of losing. If I'm the cop I toss the pot and tell them to have a nice night. It's not as if they were robbing people. But I probably wouldn't have found pot in the first place cause I wouldn't be searching their car after pulling them over for a busted taillight. Who knows? Maybe there is more to the story and the cops actually were cutting them a break.

We could give them all their own fancy cars, campus parking spaces, register their plates with KPD and provide someone to maintain the vehicles so they don't get stopped for busted headlights when outside of Knoxville. There is precedent for this in the SEC...we were just down their last Saturday.

Reactions: 3 people
Remember Jalen Hurd cited for underage drinking and passed out in public? Not suspended; handled internally. How about Andrew Butcher cited for wandering drunk around the interstate? Not suspended; handled internally. That's just two that come to mind-- different years, both in-season, under CBJ. Lots of publicity on both of those.

It's a bit late in his tenure to start being a disciplinarian by taking a harsher stance on misdemeanors, but why not set a policy and stick to it?

Hurd incident - December 3rd. Regular season over. Plenty of time to "handle internally" before a bowl game.

Butcher - September 1st. Medical redshirt for that year after having surgery before the season. Only way you can handle that is internally.

Neither the same as JK getting in trouble 3 days before a game. Also like it or not the stigma around alcohol is different than illegal drugs even if we are seeing marijuana being decriminalized across the country.

Reactions: 1 person

Go Vols, Praise Jah!

Preach it brother!!👍

We could give them all their own fancy cars, campus parking spaces, register their plates with KPD and provide someone to maintain the vehicles so they don't get stopped for busted headlights when outside of Knoxville. There is precedent for this in the SEC...we were just down their last Saturday.

Now we are talking. Let's be proactive after we hire the next coach. Parking spaces and regularly scheduled maintenance for our player vehicles.

Re-focusing on this weekend's game, I expect we will see a lot of Tim Jordan. Kind of looking forward to that. Our skill positions will be extremely young:

QB: rFrosh (JG)
RB: Frosh (TC), Soph (CFA - if he can play), Frosh (TJ)
WR: Soph (Callaway), Soph (Johnson) Sr (Smith), Frosh (Palmer), Soph (Byrd), Sr. (George)

Man, I wish I hadn't brought this up. Now we've got all the hippies talking about "weed is a plant that comes from the ground, if God didn't want it then it wouldn't be around."

Anyone heard any good grumors lately?

Reactions: 5 people
Man, I wish I hadn't brought this up. Now we've got all the hippies talking about "weed is a plant that comes from the ground, if God didn't want it then it wouldn't be around."

Anyone heard any good grumors lately?

I guess you could say this thread is going to pot.

I'll see myself out.

Reactions: 11 people
Re-focusing on this weekend's game, I expect we will see a lot of Tim Jordan. Kind of looking forward to that. Our skill positions will be extremely young:

QB: rFrosh (JG)
RB: Frosh (TC), Soph (CFA - if he can play), Frosh (TJ)
WR: Soph (Callaway), Soph (Johnson) Sr (Smith), Frosh (Palmer), Soph (Byrd), Sr. (George)

We are going to overwhelm Kentucky's defense with a heavy dose of three-and-outs. We'll see how they respond to that over the course of a 60 minute ball game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back