Recruiting Forum Talk XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
it is interesting to see LA and ziti but I have to agree with LA on this one. You treat everyone the same and everyone knows what is what BEFORE anything happens and you stay consistent then if a player doesn't like it then hit the road jack. Regardless, fairness is not how things have been handled in several situations so Butch has lost the respect in the locker room. That means you are done.

I don't see why you can't have different rules for in season and out of season. You end up in the news during the season...my expectation is that you will be suspended. Something like this happens during the summer it gets handled internally. That goes back prior to CBJ. It just seems like that is what has happened in the past. CBJ has had a pretty good run in regards to players staying out of trouble. Hard to put much blame on him there.

Are we trying to make the argument that Butch has lost control and suspending players for being morons and getting caught with pot is the evidence? I'm not buying that.

Marijuana citation during the season and it makes the news= suspension

Reactions: 1 person
As I see you:

GOB-Animated-gif-arrested-development-3695161-234-156.gif

I could never be a cool as Gob.

Well I tried to stay away this week but I can't. Tennessee football right now is like a train wreck that I can't pull my eyes away from!

Tennessee

Nebraska has no natural recruiting area in their new conference. Arkansas has too tough a schedule. The Pac 12 is just as good as the SEC and UCLA will always be the 2nd team in their own city.

For us to get to the playoffs, we have to beat Alabama once, maybe twice depending on how the season plays out. So, for me it would have to be UCLA whose toughest game would likely be Washington. Then us, Nebraska, and Arkansas.

it is interesting to see LA and ziti but I have to agree with LA on this one. You treat everyone the same and everyone knows what is what BEFORE anything happens and you stay consistent then if a player doesn't like it then hit the road jack. Regardless, fairness is not how things have been handled in several situations so Butch has lost the respect in the locker room. That means you are done.

IF this is an excessive departure from the normal discipline policy like you and LA are suggesting then it makes zero sense under the circumstances for Butch to do that. I think it's clear this came from Currie IF it is outside the normal policy.

IF this is an excessive departure from the normal discipline policy like you and LA are suggesting then it makes zero sense under the circumstances for Butch to do that. I think it's clear this came from Currie IF it is outside the normal policy.

Likely Currie influenced this and Taylor deal. After it was out of control. Either way no matter who did it someone at some point needed to put their foot down now before it hit worse and turned off potential replacements.

Likely Currie influenced this and Taylor deal. After it was out of control. Either way no matter who did it someone at some point needed to put their foot down now before it hit worse and turned off potential replacements.

I don't agree about Taylor. That's clearly a team issue and Currie wouldn't get involved.

My personal belief is Currie knows the program is in a bad spot from a results perspective. When Kelly and Ignont got busted, it also became a publicity/control issue. They were okay with riding out a bad season on the field - but drug issues make the program/university bad and they weren't going to ignore it.

I don't see why you can't have different rules for in season and out of season. You end up in the news during the season...my expectation is that you will be suspended. Something like this happens during the summer it gets handled internally. That goes back prior to CBJ. It just seems like that is what has happened in the past. CBJ has had a pretty good run in regards to players staying out of trouble. Hard to put much blame on him there.

Are we trying to make the argument that Butch has lost control and suspending players for being morons and getting caught with pot is the evidence? I'm not buying that.

Marijuana citation during the season and it makes the news= suspension

Handled internally at most schools.

Remember Jalen Hurd cited for underage drinking and passed out in public? Not suspended; handled internally. How about Andrew Butcher cited for wandering drunk around the interstate? Not suspended; handled internally. That's just two that come to mind-- different years, both in-season, under CBJ. Lots of publicity on both of those.

It's a bit late in his tenure to start being a disciplinarian by taking a harsher stance on misdemeanors, but why not set a policy and stick to it?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Remember Jalen Hurd cited for underage drinking and passed out in public? Not suspended; handled internally. How about Andrew Butcher cited for wandering drunk around the interstate? Not suspended; handled internally. That's just two that come to mind-- different years, both in-season, under CBJ.

It's a bit late in his tenure to start being a disciplinarian by taking a harsher stance on misdemeanors, but why not set a policy and stick to it?

Alcohol is very different than drugs in this case but again I am betting Currie is behind this.

Per Ainge , Butch made this decision before meeting with Currie.

Now you're selectively enforcing laws? Underage drinking and public intoxication are against the law. They are misdemeanor offenses-- just like the offenses for which Kelly and Ignont were cited.

So you don't think that schools handle alcohol and drugs differently? They do regardless of laws. Let's be real here if Butch was actually still coaching for his job and the opponent was Florida/UGA the Kelly is playing. He isn't coaching for his job anymore and it's Ky. young backs need carries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back