Recruiting Forum Talk XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree... why do you guys think we keep losing recruits every week? This is a big deal and no one is talking about it. Recruits see that Butch is gone, but nothing is official, i can't see many wanting to take a chance to come here with him either gone or his days being numbered. If fired, at least they know what is going to happen moving forward, and they know a new coach/upgrade will be coming in so they can either wait and see or move on... limbo is not good. At this point we will be sacrificing an entire class, we will not end well... then in two years folks will be wondering why there is a gap in talent and will point back to this class... We all know in the SEC, and in our program particularly, we cannot "sacrifice" a class and lose a year of talent...
Exactly..if this happens. It does not matter who is hired..they will fail. It would be like sending them into the OK corral with no bullets.

Something has to be done to retain some real talent in this class. At this point NOTHING is being done.

Reactions: 1 person
We had the worst loss in over 100 years in Neyland. He said nothing. We lost to a garbage SC team. He said nothing. We got embarrassed by Bama. He said nothing. We lost to Ky for the second time in 33 years. He still has said nothing. Isn’t speculation at all. Fans deserve better.

Why does he have to say something?

Reactions: 2 people
All I know is one thing: I have 2 6-packs of my favorite beer in the fridge right now and I will be digging into those tonight.

Also, I now live in Charlotte and am looking for some good beers to try. Anybody got any suggestions? Ron, don't you live in NC?

NODA makes good stuff. Heist, The Unknown, Wooden Robot, Legion, etc. All good breweries with good beers.

Everybody knows CBJ is gone. EVERYBODY. No way firing him now would help anything. Why is that so hard for people to see?

Why is it so hard to see firing him would help? It is just a difference of opinion. But hell..why do you care? You're getting what you want...more Butch.

Reactions: 4 people
"IF" That's the flaw. Like I said earlier, he is either a monumental buffoon, or a genius. What evidence do I have that he has some "great plan" he is sticking with? It looks more like typical UT admin clusterflunk to me.

So firing Butch now instead of 4 weeks does what for 2018 and beyond? Help recruiting? No. Help find a coach? No. So what does it do?

I was campaigning for the interim bump hard in recent weeks but now I'm starting to think there's not much to it. Guarantano came out and said the team wants to win for Butch. They just suck. An interim won't make the offensive line better. An interim won't be able to stuff the middle so every team doesn't shove the ball down our throats.

This team stinks. The talent is not there. The roster is bad. We're not in a great spot going forward. The new coach is going to take some time to build a consistent East contender.

I got flamed for saying this back in the spring into early fall practice. QD and JG we’re getting sacked and pressured left and right. And obviously it’s not like our Dline is anything scary. All the media wanted to gush over our OL about how deep we are but what does it matter if 11 of 12 aren’t Top SEC caliber lineman. Still don’t know why we didn’t start trey out at LT from day one. You have a once in a decade talent at OL you don’t put him at guard.

Nonsense. If Currie lands Gruden, Patterson or any other big time name he will be an evil genius and no one will consider it a botch.

I disagree that a huge hire means the rest of the process wasn't handled poorly. But I do agree that a big enough hire will make people forget or forgive the earlier mistakes.

However, the more errors Currie makes now, the bigger the hire will need to be.

All I know is one thing: I have 2 6-packs of my favorite beer in the fridge right now and I will be digging into those tonight.

Also, I now live in Charlotte and am looking for some good beers to try. Anybody got any suggestions? Ron, don't you live in NC?

I moved to TN a couple of years ago but there is a lot of good beer in Nc.
Highland Brewing and their highland gaelic ale is by far my fave

Reactions: Weezer
Gruden isn't coming... by the way find an outsider that thinks it's a good idea for Butch to coach the rest of the season. The experts know it's a joke too.

I like how I mention instant gratification and you come running. Do you read self help books? I could give a flying f what the "experts" say. I don't need the opinions of outsiders to prop up my stance.

NODA makes good stuff. Heist, The Unknown, Wooden Robot, Legion, etc. All good breweries with good beers.

I have been told about NODA. I'm actually pretty close to them. I will have to check the others you mentioned out. Looking for a good coffee milk stout since the one I enjoy back home in Knoxville is not found out here.

I got flamed for saying this back in the spring into early fall practice. QD and JG we’re getting sacked and pressured left and right. And obviously it’s not like our Dline is anything scary. All the media wanted to gush over our OL about how deep we are but what does it matter if 11 of 12 aren’t Top SEC caliber lineman. Still don’t know why we didn’t start trey out at LT from day one. You have a once in a decade talent at OL you don’t put him at guard.
He's killing it at guard. If I'm the next coach idk if I move him

Interim = Happy(er) fans and possible spark = possible bowl game = 15 more practices which are badly needed.

What am I missing here?

Players are already playing hard for Butch, players have been defending Butch in every press conference. What would firing Butch today instead of in 4 weeks do for 2018 and beyond?

If Currie has someone to announce as new HC today Butch would be publicly gone by now. He doesn't and probably doesn't want it to be a lingering question that then leads to prospective candidates being badgered with questions before they are ready for them. This is all stuff that matters.

If it's Gruden which I doubt it is then he isn't ready for an announcement. If it's someone Else it's because they have a current season to complete.

On a side note Football Scoop saying Taggert buyout would be easy for someone or himself to buyout. Sounds like Oregon AD pulled a Hammy and may get left in the dust.... he is a Florida native. Could be in play at FL if not TN would be smart to have him on our list as well knowing his buyout is $4.6 million which can be spread over 48 months

I wasn't around here in the spring but I would've been with you on it. I predicted a 6-6 regular season but honestly thought the talent was a bit better than that.

Both lines are going to be absolutely overhauled when a new coach comes in. Next year is going to be as ugly as this one, probably.

A lot of the expectations here are unreasonable. The roster is about even from where Dooley left it.

I agree. Lots of quality offerings out there. I do what I can.

Keep adding to them. :lol:
nQ9Xzi1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back