Recruiting Forum: Official Appalachian State Pre-Game/Game Thread

I'm not saying that App State will not be aggressive on defense. I am certain that they will. What I am saying, is that this will not end well for them.

In this scenario, look for Wolf to get the hot pass and the slot receiver to do work on the inside. I'm not sure the coaches exploit it however. They will leave plenty of offense off of the table until SEC play

Reactions: 1 person
I really don't think they stand a chance to slow us down. Even if they slow us for awhile, we'll be too much over the course of the game. We can hurt them too many ways. Too many weapons.

Vols win 145-7. After playing Dormady and Sheriron, we trot out Jauan Jennings for the last series just for fun but he throws and interception as time expires and they return it for their lone score.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
38-7

I think this ends up being a defensive version of the BG game last year. App St throws the book at us defensively, but Butch keeps it pretty vanilla on offense leading to lots of stalled drives. And on the other side of the ball App St tries to play keep away and grind out the clock to limit possessions. It's 17-7 at half, but the game never feels in doubt and we bust it open in the 3rd quarter and then play back-ups for the most of the 4th

55-6

This defense is ready to eat and show the CFB world what they are capable of. Dobbs actually connects on a couple long passes to Williams for a score or two. Hurd will have some nice big gains with a long TD run (40+yds). Appy will get their 2 field goals in 2nd-3rd string defense mop up duty.

Things I would like to see:

Kelly - I want to see Kelly be given some carries this game. He is our next man up and getting him some game time experience always helps. I think that after we put up 200+ rushing yards on Appy state we should see Kelly a lot in the 4th as to keep Hurd and Kamara safe as well as get Kelly some good reps.

Medley - I want to see this kid improve. He has the leg, he just needs to fix that foot plant (I source Volatil on this one) to help his accuracy. If he really improves this year that will really help our chances in harder games. We need a strong kicking game other than just punting (which we do very well at with Daniels).

Dormady - Would love to see this guy get some game time reps this year in games that are blow outs. He has gotten them in the past, but the coaches need to open the playbook up more this year with him. I want to see more passing from him than what they have been allowing in the past. Balance it out between he and Kelly instead of running it 70-80% of the time.

WR Rotation Deletion - Stop rotating guys in and out at WR every durn play. I'm looking at you, Azzani. Yeah, I heard your comments a couple weeks ago to the fanbase about the WR rotation. I ain't skeered of you.

Last edited:
I'm hoping for more of a Saban style win over a lesser opponent... 38-0.

My two goals are that the D pitches a shutout and they play everyone who dresses.

Here are my offensive stats for the game:

Dobbs - 362 passing 3 TD's; 31 rushing
Dormady - 95 passing 1 TD; 8 rushing
Hurd - 189 yards rushing, 32 yards receiving 2 TDs
Kamara - 67 yards rushing, 62 yards receiving 1 TD
Kelly - 55 yards rushing, 10 receiving
Williams - 98 yards 1 TD
Malone - 46 yards
Smith - 41 yards 1 TD
Jennings - 26 yards
Calloway - 33 yards
Byrd - 26 yards
Ethan Wolf - 52 yards 1TD
Croom - 31 yards
Daniels - 48 punt yard avg (3 punts)
Medley - 7/7 PAT; 2/2 FG's

Reactions: 2 people

Williams - 98 yards 1 TD
Malone - 46 yards
Smith - 41 yards 1 TD
Jennings - 26 yards
Calloway - 33 yards
Byrd - 26 yards
Croom - 31 yards

Daniels will only average 45 yards, but will pin them inside the 5 twice. One of those will result in a safety on the ensuing series. Other than that, you are correct.

Williams - 98 yards 1 TD
Malone - 46 yards
Smith - 41 yards 1 TD
Jennings - 26 yards
Calloway - 33 yards
Byrd - 26 yards
Croom - 31 yards

Not sure if you intended blue font or not, but I highly doubt we put up 807 total yards on offense...

Reactions: 3 people
Not sure if you intended blue font or not, but I highly doubt we put up 807 total yards on offense...

Wait...I see why you think this now. He left off the Berry KR for TD and the Sutton and Kamara PR returns for TD.

I'm not sure those actually count as offensive plays, but I like where you are going with it. :good!:

So you think it will be more? Even better. :thumbsup:

Wait...I see why you think this now. He left off the Berry KR for TD and the Sutton and Kamara PR returns for TD.

I'm not sure those actually count as offensive plays, but I like where you are going with it. :good!:

11715.gif

Williams - 98 yards 1 TD
Malone - 46 yards
Smith - 41 yards 1 TD
Jennings - 26 yards
Calloway - 33 yards
Byrd - 26 yards
Croom - 31 yards

I could see Kamara going for 100 yards rushing and 100 yards receiving in a game this season. Maybe in the opener?

VN Store

Back