Recruiting Forum: Official Appalachian State Pre-Game/Game Thread

Anyone game to see Debord relieved of his play calling duties, and let Gillespie or Azzani have a go? Maybe not this week but week after against Ohio. We say this is Butch's offense, but I remember Bajakian throwing the ball down the field more and at least trying to get the ball to his playmakers. These terribly conservative game plans have to be on Debord...Butch must be giving him free rein to do what he wants. We couldn't stand Jake, but honestly, I feel his play calling was much more aggressive than this...he just didn't have the horses to run the offense, like Debord does.

I don't remember Jake doing any such thing lol.

I'm all for Debord being relieved of his duties IF we have another poor showing against VT. I want to see him game plan like he did the latter part of last season the bowl game was spectacular offense and Dobbs was making plays left and right. I want to see that kind of offense, not this oh I'm so scared to make a mistake lets just run up the middle the whole night and put Dobbs in handcuffs. Because if they can't see what a mess that is from this last game, they shouldn't be coaches at the University of Tennessee. There is no excuse for how we looked on offense Thursday night. Except for a few guys- these are the exact same players as last season running the same system with the same coaches. What the hell happened between January and September? Butch better be doing some talking to his old buddy and mentor because his reputation and job is on the line here. Disappoint this season with all this talent and Butch won't have seen a backlash like what he will experience. I don't want that- I want Butch to succeed but he has to fix this and fix it NOW.

I'm all for Debord being relieved of his duties IF we have another poor showing against VT. I want to see him game plan like he did the latter part of last season the bowl game was spectacular offense and Dobbs was making plays left and right. I want to see that kind of offense, not this oh I'm so scared to make a mistake lets just run up the middle the whole night and put Dobbs in handcuffs. Because if they can't see what a mess that is from this last game, they shouldn't be coaches at the University of Tennessee. There is no excuse for how we looked on offense Thursday night. Except for a few guys- these are the exact same players as last season running the same system with the same coaches. What the hell happened between January and September? Butch better be doing some talking to his old buddy and mentor because his reputation and job is on the line here. Disappoint this season with all this talent and Butch won't have seen a backlash like what he will experience. I don't want that- I want Butch to succeed but he has to fix this and fix it NOW.

Game plan works better when not obscured by fumbles, interceptions, and offensive penalties. DeBord will not be fires mid-season. Goodness. The real world awaits!

Game plan works better when not obscured by fumbles, interceptions, and offensive penalties. DeBord will not be fires mid-season. Goodness. The real world awaits!

Should have never been hired. Hiring an out of work/retired OC instead of someone who's currently in the game is like playing for a field goal instead of a TD.

Maybe we'll out talent our way to the top, and Debord will have some good games, but theres a reason none of the top offensive teams have old men as their OC.

Reactions: 2 people
Should have never been hired. Hiring an out of work/retired OC instead of someone who's currently in the game is like playing for a field goal instead of a TD.

Maybe we'll out talent our way to the top, and Debord will have some good games, but theres a reason none of the top offensive teams have old men as their OC.

Give it time. The scales will fall from your eyes.

Butch is still the OC. DeBord was brought in to call Butch's plays and help coach the OL.

Couldn't agree more. Butch's loyalty may cost us and him.

VN Store

Back