Recruiting forum off topic thread (no politics, covid, or hot button issues)

Last edited:
"I don't understand why that's a thing." "I know how it started." So...where's the lie? Are you saying it’s impossible to know how something got started but not understand why it's still going? Also, I didn't just leave it alone because some others joined in...several in a respectful way...and it warranted a response.

That was not in response to any of my posts.

Look, I've been on here for a long time and I've seen enough posts from several members to get a good idea of people's personalities, interests, political leanings, etc. I happen to be an independent that does lean left on a handful of issues. Having seen the commie stuff get going based, at least in part, on political leanings...I could easily be the one they're constantly calling a commie. It may be a joke, but it goes a bit far and it does bug me because that's never really been a fun little thing to call someone in my experience.

After seeing it for over a year and having seen Jack even express his displeasure with it, I decided to ask about it hoping that maybe it wouldn't be so prevalent. I thought I did it respectfully, but it's pretty clear that some people feel like they're being personally attacked when someone disagrees with something they're doing.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
I know how it started too, because I started it. So I know it wasn't about his politics. If others have taken it to be political, that's on them, but they didn't start it, I did. I suppose you think Jack and myself actually mess around with each other's mothers too. Sometimes, a joke is just a joke.
Look, I'm not going to respond to your last post in the other thread because I don't want to keep the discussion going over there. Let me clear something up and maybe correct myself a bit first. My recall of how the commie stuff started had more to do with when it was becoming more common and coming from several posters and not the individual post where you were the first one that did it. So, a lot of my thoughts shouldn't have been directed at you specifically...so I'll own that and apologize. That doesn't change my view on things...I do think there's a political influence behind a lot it from other posters...even McGill admitted it.

I avoid the political forum for a reason and I just don't care to constantly see something like that over here. I think it kind of became a bigger thing than maybe you intended after others started doing it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jackcrevol
@Ulysees E. McGill - have you read Tim Keller?

I'm binging his sermons and books right now. Not sure why I thought of you while reading his books (Prodigal Prophet, King's Cross, and The Reason for God), but I did. Really powerful writing about a grace unearned by any and available to all.
He was really good.

Reactions: franklinpence
I've been on this forum for a long time and I know how it started...and despite what you say, it did have something to do with his politics. I may not post a ton, but I see almost every post in this particular thread. I love the joking around on here, but the commie stuff is getting old because it does have some political influence behind it...as McGill admitted. Just a bit tired of seeing political stuff show up on this forum...even if it's a loose reference or a bit of a dog whistle. If pushing it off as me being overly sensitive and easily offended...fine...but it's been going on for well over a year and I haven't said anything until now. I see calling someone "commie" in a joking way as being similar to jokingly calling someone a "nazi"...you only do it if you think there's a little truth behind it.

Also...I'm not trying to be super confrontational here because I like almost everyone on here (even grumpy McGill) and don't want an argument to get going, so I'll leave it alone since I've shared my 2 cents.
Interestingly, the phrase "dog whistle" is most often a dog whistle.

Every joke contains a shred of truth. 🥸

See Lloyd, when you put the Fascist jokes back on them they get all tongue tied. In fact, one might say.

Into little Knot-sis.😱🫡🤠

Lloyd Braun, back in it.
Or, 'they' don't think it's a big deal so don't make a big deal about it. Kind of like if you called someone a 'dolphin' and they know they're not. Unoffended != tongue tied.

I know how it started too, because I started it. So I know it wasn't about his politics. If others have taken it to be political, that's on them, but they didn't start it, I did. I suppose you think Jack and myself actually mess around with each other's mothers too. Sometimes, a joke is just a joke.
Everything has to be super cereal, in the pursuit of not being super cereal.

Also, for the record, I don't actually believe that you ate a bunch of Russian mountain climbers.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back